FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: introducing: "Queen of Heaven Academy"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wendy Pierce, original founder of Regina Cœli Academy Wrote:It has come to our attention that the administration of Fisher More College announced the departure of Randy and Wendy Pierce, Sarah Carmona and Dana Heise from Fisher More Academy administration without an explanation as to why we left. The purpose of this letter is to inform you of the reasons for our departure and the announcement of a newly formed academy that will head in a different direction of which we think you will want to be a part!

OUR DEPARTURE

As employees of Fisher More College and beginning in May 2013 through October 2014 Randy and Wendy received salary cuts up to 70% of their salaries. Sarah Carmona received a salary cut of 50% in October 2013. These large salary cuts alerted us to the financial problems of the college and possible future financial difficulties for the academy. We began discussions in October 2013 of separating finances and control of the academy from the college in order to obtain financial stability for the academy families, faculty and staff.

Randy, Wendy, and Sarah continued to work for the college as directors of the academy in hopes that the college would obtain enough financial assistance to sustain itself and maintain operations. Though donations were received, there were not enough donations collected to sustain both college and academy staff. In December 2013, the college began talk of eliminating Fisher More Academy staff positions.

The FMA staff explained to the college that the academy needed three positions to function: admissions director, academic director, and operations/technology director.  Elimination of one or two of those directorships would put an impossible burden on the remaining director(s). Negotiations for separation of the Academy from the college were declined - the board of visitors (directors) would not consider the proposal. When we said we would not do the work of the academy with one director position, the college terminated Randy, Wendy, and Sarah. Upon our terminations, Dana Heise resigned as the elementary director.

In addition to significant reductions in pay, the college has changed its theological direction over the past year. This direction includes inviting guests that are of a controversial nature (John Vennari, Father Gruner) who we believe are not helpful in fostering Catholic unity. This change in direction, which was never part of the 17 year history of Regina Coeli Academy, is detrimental to the academy and brings confusion and division among the Catholic faithful. We could not support this direction.

QUEEN OF HEAVEN ACADEMY (QHA)

Due to the financial difficulties and theological differences of Fisher More College, the former administration of Fisher More Academy (formerly Regina Coeli Academy) is heading in a different direction. A new entity, Queen of Heaven Academy, has been formed and will offer the same proven 17 year curriculum taught by experienced teachers. (Since our future teachers are currently under contract with the college through May and because they desire to finish the year for the families, names of faculty moving to QHA will be made public at a later date.) The administration of QHA will feature the original founders and staff of the former Regina Coeli Academy and include Linda Robinson, Randy and Wendy Pierce, Sarah Carmona and Dana Heise.

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THIS YEAR

The current FMA faculty is committed to completing the existing academic year through May. We encourage you to contact them if you need assistance.

WHAT ABOUT NEXT YEAR

When students apply for the FM college program they are told that they can apply but that they should also make alternate plans should the college not be operational this fall. The college must obtain an extremely large donation in order to continue operations for the fall 2014 semester.

Concerning FMA, the financial instability of the college does, in the opinion of the QHA staff, cause concern about the future viability of Fisher More Academy. Queen of Heaven Academy will be a completely separate entity and will not be associated with Fisher More College.  The QHA staff has agreed that a new more stable direction is needed for our families and that funds received into the academy shall stay within the academy, hence the formation of the new entity, Queen of Heaven Academy.

Queen of Heaven Academy will begin enrollment for the 2014-2015 academic year once our new website has been launched. We anticipate that happening in the next two weeks. We will also begin live webinars where new students will be able to experience a live classroom environment and learn of the QHA programs.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

Please share Queen of Heaven Academy information with classmates, families, home school groups. co-ops and friends you know so all can benefit from this exciting educational opportunity. At this point, we are using word of mouth to advertise Queen of Heaven Academy. The QHA staff desires to provide to all families, old or newly enrolled, a financially stable academy that is faithful to the the magisterial teaching of the Church.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call or email. I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.

Queen of Heaven Academy

queenofheavenacademy.org
There isn't a lot of information on the website right now.  How long ago was this decision made?
(02-12-2014, 11:47 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a lot of information on the website right now.  How long ago was this decision made?
I think immediately after they were fired.
Geremia,

Thank you for the post and spreading the word about Queen of Heaven Academy. I wanted to clarify that I am not an original founder of Regina Coeli Academy. My oldest son was enrolled in their first Latin class. I began being the administrator in the year 1995. Linda Robinson and others were the original founders. Linda and I are the best of friends and this was her idea. (She is the brains. I'm the organizer of data and talk to moms. Lots of moms and lots of data, lol.)

The most joyous of part of Regina Coeli Academy was that through the process of educating my children in the Academy, most of our immediate family converted to Holy Mother Church in 1998. That is the power of Catholic education that is faithful to the magisterial teaching of the Church!

It all started with a simple question by "Mag" Linda Robinson, "Wendy, have you ever heard of Scott Hahn?" I exchanged my protestant tape with her for her Catholic tape. The Catholic tape won! As Randy and I researched the Catholic faith from an anti-Catholic background, we began the process of painting ourselves in a corner. The way out was through the grace of Christ found through the Catholic Church. The rest, as they say, is history.

Again, thanks for posting about Queen of Heaven Academy (English name for Regina Coeli Acdemy) as we build it back to its RCA roots by the intercession of the Blessed Mother.

God bless,

Wendy Pierce

(02-12-2014, 12:14 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2014, 11:47 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a lot of information on the website right now.  How long ago was this decision made?
I think immediately after they were fired.

The site should be up with more information next week (Feb. 17). We will begin webinars the following week.

Thank you for your support!

~Wendy

John Vennari, Father Gruner. controversial nature........really?
Here's Fisher More president Michael King's 19 Feb 2014 letter explaining everything.

Also:
  1. Statement of the Apostolate (p. 28 has 5-year budget projections & p. 30 has margin analysis)
  2. History of Fisher More Academy (p. 3 has table of financial info)

I didn't realize the tuition was so low, Deo gratias.
This posts concerns a letter circulated by Mr. King for which we will make a brief statement. In his letter one serious misrepresentation (we've already addressed the others) is our motive regarding Queen of Heaven Academy.  Queen of Heaven Academy is a continuation of Regina Coeli Academy.

The Regina Coeli Academy mission statement:

"The Academy's mission is to assist in the formation of the true Christian, a supernatural person who "thinks, judges and acts constantly and consistently in accordance with right reason illumined by the supernatural light of the example and teaching of Christ; in other words, to use the current term, the true and finished man of character." (Pope Pius XI, Divini Illius Magistri, 1929).

We believe that a perfect school, especially at the secondary level, would be less the result of a perfect method, so vigorously debated among educators, as of teachers whose love of their students flows from holy love of Christ and His Church. Hence, we have – by the Grace of God – assembled an exceptionally qualified faculty which answers the Church’s call to forearm youth against the seductions and errors of the world, and to free their reason by avoiding error by enriching their minds with the arts and sciences, which come from God and, properly understood, lead the soul back to Him."

It is for this mission, not personal gain, that we labor. We are resolute in providing a financially stable environment which is faithful to the magisterial teaching of the Catholic Church and that is free from drama and intrigue. Queen of Heaven Academy steadfastly continues in and remains firmly rooted in Regina Coeli Academy.

ANNOUNCING THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN ACADEMY WEB SITE

We put the past behind us and move forward. Visit our web site: http://queenofheavenacademy.org.

God bless,

~Wendy Pierce