FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sounds like Maryland, except this time ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... the priest hasn't been sideswiped by his bishop.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/religio...rs-funeral
Quote:A Roman Catholic priest in Missouri has told a grieving daughter that she would not be able to receive communion at her mother's funeral because she was in a same-sex relationship.

The pastor at Saint Columban Catholic Church in Chillicothe, Mo., told Carol Parker and her partner of 20 years, Josephine Martin, that he would not be able to welcome them to communion because the obituary for her mother, who died in December, listed Parker and her partner as survivors, reports Fox Kansas City affiliate WDAF.

And here's something to cringe about: this woman also invokes Pope Francis' motto "Whom am I to judge?" Talk about the most regretful thing anyone could have said.
Canon law 915 in effect

[Image: tumblr_m3k5sueZCY1qbx51ho1_250.gif]

Mind you I'm not cheering the fact that someone was denied Communion, but I'm cheering the fact that we are seeing lowly priests do what a lot of our bishops fail to do!

However this priest isn't gonna be making friends with Papa and being able to get on his Peace Train.