FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Experiences of Homosexual Trads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(02-28-2014, 06:00 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2014, 11:01 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]The Catholic who suffers from SSA should not only maintain chastity but also strive to get to the bottom of his disordered inclinations and, if possible, marry.  Countless souls who do or once suffered from SSA have done this.

I find the above especially astonishing.  I wonder if men would be so apt to give out the advice to lesbians to get married -- and then step up to be the ones to volunteer to marry a woman who has no sexual interest in them whatsoever.  I mean, if you were a woman, would you want to be married to a man who has no sexual interest in you? If not, then why wish it on anyone else?
This makes me laugh on the inside. Since love and thus the vows of marriage are acts of the will, I'd have no problem marrying such a woman if she's at least willing to fulfill the two ends of the great Sacrament. I would have to find her at least somewhat attractive though and not revolting to my eyes, because guess what I'm attracted to beauty, both external and internal, that is, physical and spiritual. How many Catholics, like among Royalty, married disinterestedly for the Will of God?
Guess what? I enjoy attraction to the same sex but not in any sort of impure way. God created us enjoy the company of our fellow man, whether of the same or the opposite gender. I honestly think our present situation has been brought about by the oversexualizaton of culture and our too openness or willingness to talk about sex, both as to the act and the ontological quality, in any sort of public venue. The passions and temptations of lust and impurity are best conquered by fleeing from them. All the Saints say so. We are not strong enough to combat them, so we need to fly from them and busy ourselves with the work of God.
"A Catholic Thinker" Wrote:The Catholic who suffers from SSA should not only maintain chastity but also strive to get to the bottom of his disordered inclinations and, if possible, marry.
And then divorce, and leave the wife and children.
(02-28-2014, 03:05 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]
"A Catholic Thinker" Wrote:The Catholic who suffers from SSA should not only maintain chastity but also strive to get to the bottom of his disordered inclinations and, if possible, marry.

Only if his SSA/choice to commit homosexual acts is more important to him than his wife and children. If that's the case good riddance. I say the same about a hetero man that chooses to leave his wife and kids (my husband will most likely at some point) for his choice to sleep with other women. I say AGAIN good riddance. Marriage and vows are a commitment not to be taken lightly and choosing to love and sacrifice your own personal wants to be honorable and loving to your spouse and children is the Christian position. If someone chooses self and wants of self above spouse and children...don't let the door hit'cha on the way out jerk. (speaking to any selfish person SSA/straight that would dump their wife/husband/kids.
(02-27-2014, 11:01 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]The Catholic who suffers from SSA should not only maintain chastity but also strive to get to the bottom of his disordered inclinations and, if possible, marry.  Countless souls who do or once suffered from SSA have done this.

I find the above especially astonishing.  I wonder if men would be so apt to give out the advice to lesbians to get married -- and then step up to be the ones to volunteer to marry a woman who has no sexual interest in them whatsoever.  I mean, if you were a woman, would you want to be married to a man who has no sexual interest in you? If not, then why wish it on anyone else?

You completely missed the point.  Did you wonder, perhaps, what I meant by "if possible"? 

If you would do some reading regarding the success stories of reparative therapy you'd know what I meant.  But I guess I'd better spell it out: there are many, many people who do or once suffered from SSA who, through therapy, have come to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex.  It turns out that such attraction is actually innate (go figure - God designed people) and in many cases masked by disordered orientation created by psychological disturbance early in life.

Actually, good Catholics don't divorce.
(02-28-2014, 04:55 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]There's so much wrong with the above post, the mind boggles. For starters though - if you're going to cite "studies," please provide links. Especially if you're trying to give credence to outrageous claims.

I said I was done with the thread, but I'm just not one to back away from a challenge.  If you can muster the motivation to tell me what's boggling your mind, I'll respond.

(Be warned, though - I might end up sounding like Catholics did before the world was enlightened in the 1960s.)
(02-28-2014, 08:22 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]

You completely missed the point.  Did you wonder, perhaps, what I meant by "if possible"? 

If you would do some reading regarding the success stories of reparative therapy you'd know what I meant.  But I guess I'd better spell it out: there are many, many people who do or once suffered from SSA who, through therapy, have come to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex.  It turns out that such attraction is actually innate (go figure - God designed people) and in many cases masked by disordered orientation created by psychological disturbance early in life.

Ah, OK, if you're referring, in essence, to folks who no longer are SSA, then marriage makes sense.

-- And, on second thought, I can imagine someone with SSA who meets a low libido woman, they hit it off as great friends,  agree to marry and to consummate the marriage (even if it takes his "thinking of England")  -- maybe repeatedly consummating the marriage with the goal of having kids -- and their living happily ever after. As long as the person with SSA is up-front about himself in that case, and the woman knows what the deal is, then power to them.

(02-28-2014, 08:30 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2014, 08:22 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, OK, if you're referring, in essence, to folks who no longer are SSA, then marriage makes sense.

-- And, on second thought, I can imagine someone with SSA who meets a low libido woman, they hit it off as great friends,  agree to marry and to consummate the marriage (even if it takes his "thinking of England")  -- maybe repeatedly consummating the marriage with the goal of having kids -- and their living happily ever after. As long as the person with SSA is up-front about himself in that case, and the woman knows what the deal is, then power to them.

Yes, that's what I meant - although there are many cases where SSA retreats and exists along with normal (yes, normal) attraction to the opposite sex.  Just like a recovering alcoholic, such a person may struggle to some extent with SSA for the long haul, but that does not mean they should not marry.  It may well be their calling to do so.

I apologize for being as snippy towards you as I was.
(02-28-2014, 08:23 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, good Catholics don't divorce.

Sometimes they do for egregious cause. They just can't remarry. And sometimes good Catholics get dumped and handed divorce papers. Not a lot he or she can do about that sort of thing...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10