FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
And we experience another "Geremia drive by shooting" that results in 6 pages of reaction....over circumcision...

Really now...
(02-28-2014, 01:51 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]And we experience another "Geremia drive by shooting" that results in 6 pages of reaction....over circumcision...

Really now...

I was expecting to see about 14 pages by now but I guess this place  has gotten smaller.

C.
(02-28-2014, 06:22 PM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2014, 01:51 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]And we experience another "Geremia drive by shooting" that results in 6 pages of reaction....over circumcision...

Really now...

I was expecting to see about 14 pages by now but I guess this place  has gotten smaller.

C.

The circumcision topic on here is about as heated as the pants in Mass debate.  :grin:
I give this thread 8 days. On the 8th day... kaput.
(02-28-2014, 06:28 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: [ -> ]I give this thread 8 days. On the 8th day... kaput.

I give it 8 pages.
(02-28-2014, 12:38 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2014, 03:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Austenbosten, you can stop with your characterizing being against circumcision or seeing the circumcizing of male babies as an assault as some "goofy" idea.

When people stop with the over-the-top stigmatizing of parents as "evil" and making circumcised people feel like second-rate humans....I'll stop my crass characterization.

Because two wrongs make a right in your world?

(02-28-2014, 12:38 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]However, putting circumcision on the same level as rape and murder, and is a mortal sin....is GOOFY and you don't have to be for or against circumcision to realize that.

It is, in fact, the amputation of a perfectly healthy body part as it's routinely practiced.

(02-28-2014, 12:38 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Telling people they're going to Hell for getting a circumcision is absurd and is frankly on the same level of insanity as the Westboro Baptist crowd.

Go see the first post and take it up with the Church.

(02-28-2014, 03:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]You are not helping (and I doubt that some theoretical alien visiting from the Pleiades seeing how humans lop off parts of their male children's genitalia could see it as anything but odd, to say the least, and sexist if said theoretical alien were hip to such a concept, and, yes, barbaric if the alien were to see the routine lopping off of healthy body parts for no good medical reason as barbaric in se.)

Aliens? really? aliens??? 

If you don't understand the whys of bringing up of theoretical aliens, I can't help you.

(02-28-2014, 03:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]A question for Austenbosten:  if parents were to have a doctor strap down their 16 year old son, anesthetic being a 50-50 proposition, and lop off his foreskin, would you see that as OK? If not, then you're "ageist" against babies, know nothing about them, don't care about their feelings, wrongly don't think they have feelings, think that because they might not have conscious memory of the procedure later makes things OK, or -- something else I can't imagine. None of those reasons is OK by me, for what it's worth. The sort of thinking that, say, excuses circumcision because "eh, they won't remember it anyway" sounds like the sort of excuse pedophiles make in attempting to justify their abuse of infants. "Eh, the kid won't remember my having him lick my member, so -- so what?" Bullshit! One could say the same about a date-rape drug:  "eh, she won't remember, so it can't hurt her." Even if -- and that "if" is on its face a conditional and assumes that what isn't consciously remembered doesn't have an impact on someone's personality and fears and ways of dealing with life -- a victim doesn't remember, the evil done to such a victim-lacking-memory is still an evil.

Vox a question for you? Why must you seem to jump to the most absurd and ridiculous arguments and concluscions?

It's not absurd at all. If you wouldn't do that to your 16 year old --- or "even" your 5 year old -- then why is it OK to do that to a baby? The question was posted to you. Calling the question ridiculous doesn't answer it.

(02-28-2014, 12:38 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]"ageist"? really?? is this MSNBC forum that I'm on? As for the traaaaaaumatizing act of circumcision. Unlike you, I went through it...so please stop it with your hyperbolic statements and scenarios and telling me what I'm supposed to feel from being circumcised.

I know a lot of men, Austen, and know what a lot of men think about this. My Dad, a lifelong Catholic, was forced to be circumcised at age 18 when he was drafted into WWII. You're not going to play the "you females don't have your foreskins lopped off, so shut up about it" card, are you? That could come back to haunt you if you ever talk about abortion, for ex. Besides which, women are mothers of sons and they are often the ones to decide whether their boys are circumcised or not. Women not only have a right to have opinions about it, they often decide whether their kids have their foreskins amputated.

Vox this argument is really getting childish and embarrassing. People who opt to get their child circumcised for reasons of health and therapeutic (and yes I'm well aware of the zealots anti-circ endless list of hyperlinks saying the contrary, so spare yourself the time) is a mortal sin punishable by Hell one of the is the most absurd and ridiculous statement ever.

As for the aliens thing I won't even waste my time.

For the last part. I'm not saying you do not have a voice, but don't come on here with your holier-than-thou attitude and start attacking circumcised people saying they have to feel a certain way, because you have your own little personal crusade. I was circumcised and the male members of my family were and so were my friends...none of them feel the same way you and Melikite do. So while I'm not denying some people feel like they were "abused" for being circumcised...coming on here and shouting at people saying they have to feel the same way you do, and agree with you.....isn't gonna fly for people who just are indifferent on this issue.

As another poster said earlier, you might want to take a step back from this.
(02-28-2014, 08:15 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]you females don't have your foreskins lopped off
Unless you're an unfortunate Muslim female…
(02-28-2014, 08:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]For the last part. I'm not saying you do not have a voice, but don't come on here with your holier-than-thou attitude and start attacking circumcised people saying they have to feel a certain way, because you have your own little personal crusade. I was circumcised and the male members of my family were and so were my friends...none of them feel the same way you and Melikite do. So while I'm not denying some people feel like they were "abused" for being circumcised...coming on here and shouting at people saying they have to feel the same way you do, and agree with you.....isn't gonna fly for people who just are indifferent on this issue.

It's at that point that laws have to be instituted to protect children from the obstinance of their parents who refuse to see the light of reason.  To which you'll hysterically cry that your rights as a parent are being violated.
(02-28-2014, 08:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Vox this argument is really getting childish and embarrassing. People who opt to get their child circumcised for reasons of health and therapeutic (and yes I'm well aware of the zealots anti-circ endless list of hyperlinks saying the contrary, so spare yourself the time) is a mortal sin punishable by Hell one of the is the most absurd and ridiculous statement ever.

As for the aliens thing I won't even waste my time.

For the last part. I'm not saying you do not have a voice, but don't come on here with your holier-than-thou attitude and start attacking circumcised people saying they have to feel a certain way, because you have your own little personal crusade. I was circumcised and the male members of my family were and so were my friends...none of them feel the same way you and Melikite do. So while I'm not denying some people feel like they were "abused" for being circumcised...coming on here and shouting at people saying they have to feel the same way you do, and agree with you.....isn't gonna fly for people who just are indifferent on this issue.

Don't "come on here," to my own forum? Where have I attacked circumcised people (which would mean "attacking" almost all of the men in my family)? Where Have I said anyone has to "feel" a certain way? You're making things up now, Austen. You're engaging in calumny. Not on;y am I not "attacking" circumcised men, I am not "attacking" parents who wrongly circumcise their sons. I wrote:

Vox Wrote:By saying all that, I do NOT mean to imply that parents who have their sons circumcised are "ignorant" as in "stupid"! And while my guess is that most parents who do circumcise don't put a whole lot of thought into it, thinking "eh, it's just what's done!", I think that lack of thought is problematic and maybe indicative of a belief that babies don't feel pain (a very wrong belief), or indicative of ignorance about what exactly is cut away, what its purpose is, how it affects the sexual pleasure of both the circumcised man and his wife. It's easy to get caught up doing things in a certain way because "that's just what folks do!" -- but I do wish that Christians think a LOT more deeply about all of this, listen to the Church, listen to what pediatricians have to say, etc. (and maybe throw a thought toward the possible future marriage of their sons and the sexual happiness they should have with their wives).

I give you one last chance to stop accusing people of "shouting" and "yelling" and being "hysterical" and "emotional" when you post. You have a habit of doing this and, from what I've seen, you've done so without cause every time. I find that whole phenomenon pretty ironic given that above you break everything down to "feelings": "I was circumcised and the male members of my family were and so were my friends...none of them feel the same way you and Melikite do." This isn't about "feelings." It's about whether the Church condones routine circumcision (She does NOT) and about the rightness or wrongness of circumcising male children as a routine procedure and not for medical reasons which the children actually present (as opposed to "they might get an infection some time down the road" sort of thinking) or are very likely to present because they have some other medical issue (mental retardation which would make impossible their ability to care for themselves in terms of hygiene, for ex.).

It also sounds to me as if you are not "indifferent" to this issue as you seem to claim with your having said, "So while I'm not denying some people feel like they were "abused" for being circumcised...coming on here and shouting at people saying they have to feel the same way you do, and agree with you.....isn't gonna fly for people who just are indifferent on this issue." If you were indifferent, you wouldn't be so bothered by the fact that the Church teaches against routine circumcision.

And to the poster bothered that a sede priest posts at the forum:  said priest does not "run free-reign" about, posting sede materials. There is ONE sub-forum for the discussion of sedevacantism, the SSPX vs. diocesan Tradition, etc. -- a sub-forum that most of the people here seemed to want.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11