FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Russia Seeks Access to Bases in Eight Countries for Its Ships and Bombers - See
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CaptCrunc73 Wrote:Anybody up for renewed call for the Consecration of Russia?

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patr...nd-bombers

:afraidsmiley:
(02-28-2014, 02:04 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, God bless.
I'm sorry but I don't see what the big deal is? I'm more concerned about American aggression, than Russian. At least Russia is trying to push some brand of Christianity.
(02-28-2014, 06:26 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but I don't see what the big deal is? I'm more concerned about American aggression, than Russian. At least Russia is trying to push some brand of Christianity.

I think the big deal is whether they push a brand of Christianity or not, they still have nukes. And we have nukes.

But this time around it ain't just us two heading to the rodeo. North Korea has nukes. China has nukes. India has nukes. Pakistan has nukes. Israel has nukes. you name 'em they either got 'em or are working on them or can buy 'em. So forget a he said she said thing cold war detente kind of thing.

The world is too destabilized to witness another race to dominate.

And as far as your "American" aggression, we threatened to enter Syria, Russia said don't do it you will regret it. We didn't. Ukraine falls to "democracy" Putin says Russia needs to go in. USA says don't do it, it will be a mistake. Russia goes in anyway. Pres. Obama was on air for two and a half minutes just a few moments ago saying he is sorely upset. Uh oh. Look out.

We may have set up banana republics in the past. We may have invaded countries in the past under many pretexts. But currently our aggression is limited to espionage. and I would consider that more passive aggressive than anything else.
(02-28-2014, 06:35 PM)PompousMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2014, 06:26 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but I don't see what the big deal is? I'm more concerned about American aggression, than Russian. At least Russia is trying to push some brand of Christianity.

I think the big deal is whether they push a brand of Christianity or not, they still have nukes. And we have nukes.

But this time around it ain't just us two heading to the rodeo. North Korea has nukes. China has nukes. India has nukes. Pakistan has nukes. Israel has nukes. you name 'em they either got 'em or are working on them or can buy 'em. So forget a he said she said thing cold war detente kind of thing.

And as far as your "American" aggression, we threatened to enter Syria, Russia said don't do it you will regret it. We didn't. Ukraine falls to "democracy" Putin says Russia needs to go in. USA says don't do it, it will be a mistake. Russia goes in anyway. Pres. Obama was on air for two and a half minutes just a few moments ago saying he is sorely upset. Uh oh. Look out.

We may have set up banana republics in the past. We may have invaded countries in the past under many pretexts. But currently our aggression is limited to espionage. and I would consider that more passive aggressive than anything else.

The United States may not have invaded Syria, but don't think for a moment they don't actively have a hand in it. Who do you think is paying for the weapons and supplies to Al Qaeda and the opposition in Syria? As for Russia's invasion, they simply occupied 4 airports. A far cry from the atrocious carpet-bombing in Bosnia during the 1990s

As for your we may have invaded countries in the past....Iraq was only a few years ago and we're still in Afghanistan. Ukraine is next-door to Russia and is part of Russia's sphere of influence, any destabilization in the Ukraine can easily spill into Russia and have serious consequences. Russia is making steps to secure her borders without actually being bogged down in a war with the Ukraine. I can't blame Russia for what she's trying to do.

Iraq is thousands of miles and an ocean away from the US and was invaded on the pretext of WMDs (which existed) but one must beg the question. North Korea is closer to the US than the Iraq and has nukes....why did the US see Iraq as more of a threat than DPRK?
(02-28-2014, 06:58 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]

The United States may not have invaded Syria, but don't think for a moment they don't actively have a hand in it. Who do you think is paying for the weapons and supplies to Al Qaeda and the opposition in Syria? As for Russia's invasion, they simply occupied 4 airports. A far cry from the atrocious carpet-bombing in Bosnia during the 1990s

As for your we may have invaded countries in the past....Iraq was only a few years ago and we're still in Afghanistan. Ukraine is next-door to Russia and is part of Russia's sphere of influence, any destabilization in the Ukraine can easily spill into Russia and have serious consequences. Russia is making steps to secure her borders without actually being bogged down in a war with the Ukraine. I can't blame Russia for what she's trying to do.

Iraq is thousands of miles and an ocean away from the US and was invaded on the pretext of WMDs (which existed) but one must beg the question. North Korea is closer to the US than the Iraq and has nukes....why did the US see Iraq as more of a threat than DPRK?

Yes in the past. Everything you reference was in the past. Which country has Obama outright invaded then? Also just four airports? What would happen if a country did that to us?

And when they push it by attempting to liquidate the Ukrainian Catholic Church (again)?
(02-28-2014, 07:45 PM)McNider Wrote: [ -> ]

And when they push it by attempting to liquidate the Ukrainian Catholic Church (again)?

Your comment reminded me of this letter from a Ukrainian priest:

February 20, 2014

Dearest Mrs. Patti,

We are in a very complicated situation. Today, the police of Ukraine killed almost 60 peaceful citizens. They are shooting us with the machine guns and tanks. Many priests from my diocese are in Kiev and we support the peaceful protests which were transformed by the government police in the killing of peaceful people. Almost 4,000 people are wounded and many of them are in jails. The government released prisoners and gave them weapons, and they are killing us. The police and the prisoners are using guns and machine guns. Yesterday, in my city which is located not far from Kiev, the citizens stopped police from going to Kiev to kill our people. Also, I was very busy calming the people who were very angry. We are willing to have peace but they are killing us, and it made people angry. The police killed lot of young boys, old ladies, men who were holding Ukrainian flags and trying to express our desire to live in the country where our rights and dignity are respected. I not able to go and support my parishioners in Kiev because of the Living Rosary center and my parish. The government told our Catholic Church in Ukraine, if we support these protests, our church will be forbidden to exist in Ukraine and all the Catholic organizations will be forbidden.

We are trying to survive and I hope that you and the members of Living Rosary will support us and our centers by prayers.

+ In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.

Fr. IVAN KOLODIY
Byzantine Rite, Greek-Catholic Church, UKRAINE

I know nothing about the blog this was posted on... I don't even know how I came across it. Here is the link: http://abplefebvreforums.proboards.com/t...st-ukraine
(02-28-2014, 07:05 PM)PompousMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2014, 06:58 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes in the past. Everything you reference was in the past. Which country has Obama outright invaded then? Also just four airports? What would happen if a country did that to us?

The United States consistently invades nations and Afghanistan is not the past, it is till the present. Also no one knows if Russia has actually invaded the 4 airports.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/02/28/...g-airport/

Obama has also acted aggressively militarily, do you forget Libya? 1,210 strike sorties?
(02-28-2014, 02:04 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]

The US military garrisons the globe. They've carved up every continent and area of the Earth into 'commands' - AND outer space. There are US military installations in over 150 countries. The US and NATO are ringing Russia with missles right up to the border, in the old Warsaw Pact countries and in Central Asia. The USSR left all it's overseas bases, closed up shop and went home when it collapsed. Now, with US aggression everywhere, fomenting and supporting rebellion in its sphere - the Ukraine, Crimea, etc, let alone the Middle East and Central Asia - you're all gonna get your panties in a bunch because of a possible EIGHT bases?!?!

For God's sakes, who can blame them?? Is the US to rule the world?? Arrogance and hubris in astounding quantities.

How about praying for the conversion of AMERICA!?!?!?!

Pages: 1 2