FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sacraments for Remarried "Kaspar Changes the Paradigm, Bergoglio Applauds"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-01-2014, 11:00 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: [ -> ]Um, I'm not sure that's really true.  The ordinary, universal magisterium is established, insofar as it's also universal in time.  That means that the opposite of what has always been taught, everywhere, and by all (in the Church) can never be reversed.

Also, the authentic magisterium, though normally binding, is not, as I understand it, infallible, and so may not be absolutely binding in all cases.

1. The "must-be-universal-in-time" article -- "I have to be able to find it in 'Tradition' before I'm bound to accept it" -- is a false principle SSPX has been promoting for decades. It turns an effect (consistency with prior magisterial teaching because it is ordinary magisterium) into a condition ("I, the Superior General of SSPX must be convinced the teaching is in accord with 'Tradtion' before I am bound to submit to it as universal ordinary magisterium.")

2. As regards authentic magisterium: A pope has the “power and office to teach doctrine” and as a Catholic you have “the obligation and the right to receive instruction.” The teaching of a pope is authentic in the strict sense, “because of the authority of God’s delegation that the teacher uses.” You would therefore “be bound to give it assent of the intellect,” because his teaching authority is founded in “a mission received from God, to which is attached divine assistance.” (Salaverri, De Ecclesia 1:503ff. His emphasis)

So what's Francis doing when he opens his mouth every day if not teaching -- using his office to instruct you in matters of faith and morals?
(03-01-2014, 05:28 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]Pope Francis had honored it on February 21, at the end of the two days of the consistory dedicated to the question of the family:

"I found profound theology, and even serene thinking in theology[/u]. It is pleasant to read serene theology.[/b] And I also found what Saint Ignatius told us about, that 'sensus Ecclesiae," love for Mother Church. It did me good and an idea came to me - excuse me, Eminence, if I embarrass you - but the idea is that this is called 'doing theology on one's knees.' Thank you. Thank you."

:blah: :puke:

Back to the " early Church " again as a justification for change. Just like the Mass." Whoever divorces one and marries another, commits adultery" doesn't leave any wiggle room. What was the practice of the early Church?
Kasper certainly is an apostate:

Walter Cardinal Kasper stated to the International Catholic-Jewish Liaison Committee in New York on May 1, 2001:
Kasper Wrote:The old theory of substitution [i.e., that the New Covenant replaced the Old Covenant] is gone since the Second Vatican Council. For us Christians today the covenant with the Jewish people is a living heritage, a living reality....Therefore, the Church believes that Judaism, i.e., the faithful response of the Jewish people to God’s irrevocable covenant, is salvific for them, because God is faithful to His promises....Thus mission, in this strict sense, cannot be used with regard to Jews, who believe in the true and one God. Therefore – and this is characteristic – there does not exist any Catholic missionary organization for Jews. There is dialogue with Jews; no mission in this proper sense of the word towards them.
William Cardinal Keeler and the USCCB, along with prominent Jewish rabbis, co-authored the 2002 document Reflections on Covenant and Mission. One of the more alarming assertions of the document was:
Quote:...while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God....Campaigns that target Jews for conversion to Christianity are no longer theologically acceptable in the Catholic Church.” Francis Cardinal George of Chicago added: “...the Church has also sinned against the Jewish people, first of all, in teaching that God’s covenant with Israel is no longer valid for them.
In 1992, Johannes Cardinal Willebrands wrote the book, The Church and the Jewish People, in which he advocated against converting the Jews. John Paul II then appointed Willebrands as President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity. In November 2001, the Pontifical Biblical Commission (PBC), under then Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, issued a 210-page report titled: “The Jewish People and the Holy Scriptures in the Christian Bible,” which, among other things, stated: “...the Jewish messianic wait is not in vain,” adding that Jews and Christians share their wait for the Messiah, as Jews are waiting for the first coming and Christians for the second. The PBC profusely apologized to the Jewish people for ‘anti-Semitic passages’ contained in the New Testament, and also stressed the continuing importance of the Torah for both Jews and Christians.

(By "Torah," modern-day Jews mean the Talmudic interpretation of what was and forever will be Christian Holy Scriptures, which only the holy Roman Catholic Church has the authority to interpret.)
(03-02-2014, 02:40 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]What was the practice of the early Church?
They'll invent some story like the one used to "justify" Communion in the hand.
Kasper reminds me of whom Pope St. Pius X was speaking in his letter preceding the Oath Against Modernism (Sacrorum Antistitum):
"Procul, procul este a sacro ordine novitatum amor: superbos et contumaces animos odit Deus!"
"Far, far from the clergy be the love of novelty! God hates the proud and the obstinate mind."
This is nothing short of rationalizing the sin of adultery.

If St. Paul were speaking instead of Kasper, we would hear him exhort that these "divorced" people live as devout singles!
(03-01-2014, 09:01 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ][quote='A Catholic Thinker' pid='1234880' dateline='1393718457']
Horrible, horrible things.

But, since the pontiff is not here attempting to bind the faithful to a specific doctrine of faith and morals, we needn't have concern that by such behavior he could not be a true pontiff. :)  As usual, he refuses to act from the chair; he refuses to invoke his teaching authority.

You're laboring under a false but unfortunately widespread misunderstanding: that Catholics are only bound to adhere to what is called "solemn, extraordinary magisterium" -- the rare ex cathedra papal pronouncement or conciliar definition.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are mistaken. Catholics are also bound by the Ten Commandments, the Natural Law & the Scriptures. The Scriptures tell us, re. marriage, "what God hath put together, let no man tear assunder. " I know well three women who were quite young when they found themselves alone.......they never even dated during the rest of their lives.  One lost her husband at Iwo Jima, she was my Mother's best friend. The two others were women whose husbands just walked out on them, while they were in their late 20's. The one who was widowed by WWII sought employment & worked for the government until her retirement. Another became a dental assistant, the third was dean of women at one of the cities largest schools. While it wasn't their first choice, they all raised good children & had a fulfilling life.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is no ex cathedra papal pronouncement declaring abortion a mortal sin, for instance. It is, instead, universal ordinary magisterium -- taught by the pope and the bishops throughout the world.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Abortion is considered murder by the Catholic Church I believe the
Commandments frown on murder.

All of the non-Catholic Churches have caved on artificial contraception, abortion, homosexual practices, & marriage after divorce. Only the Catholic Church still  obeys  ALL the laws given to us in Scripture. If we bend to accept multiple marriages, no one will be left to guard the Bible.

Kasper's conception of theology is certainly Modernistic. Theology can't be changed for "pastoral reasons" insofar as truth cannot.
(03-03-2014, 04:01 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2014, 09:01 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]But, since the pontiff is not here attempting to bind the faithful to a specific doctrine of faith and morals, we needn't have concern that by such behavior he could not be a true pontiff. :)  As usual, he refuses to act from the chair; he refuses to invoke his teaching authority.

You're laboring under a false but unfortunately widespread misunderstanding: that Catholics are only bound to adhere to what is called "solemn, extraordinary magisterium" -- the rare ex cathedra papal pronouncement or conciliar definition.
[color=blue]You are mistaken. Catholics are also bound by the Ten Commandments, the Natural Law & the Scriptures.

After fifty years as a seminarian and priest, someone finally set me straight on that!  :grin:
Pages: 1 2 3