FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Non-Denominational Megapastor Stuns Congregation With Personal Revelation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was gonna put this in the 'Secular' section, but thought this might be a better forum. This fellow has really stunned a bunch of Protestants and I'd bet a few Catholics as well. It is from "The Blaze" (Glen Beck) newsletter, so no links, except to the originating source.

Keyboard Warrior

Non-Denominational Megapastor Stuns Congregation With Personal Revelation
Mar. 10, 2014 8:19am Billy Hallowell

We will be discussing this story and all the day’s news on our live BlazeCast with Editor-in-Chief Scott Baker (@bakerlink) beginning at 3pm ET:

A non-denominational megachurch pastor reportedly stunned his congregation this weekend when he announced that he and his wife are converting to Catholicism.
Image source: Word of Life

[Image: pastor1.jpg]
Pastor Ulf Ekman told his congregation Sunday that he and his wife are converting to Catholicism (Image source: Word of Life)

Ulf Ekman, pastor and founder of Word of Life Church in Uppsala, Sweden, told parishioners Sunday during his sermon that he and his wife, Birgitta, have experienced a theological change-of-heart, Charisma News reported.

On Ekman’s ministry website a statement titled, “Pastor Ulf Ekman to Be Accepted Into the Catholic Church” provides details on the preacher’s conversion, stating that “a process of many years of prayer and reflection” preceded the decision to embrace the Catholic faith.

“For Birgitta and me, this has been a slow process were we have gone from discovering new things, to appreciating what we have discovered, to approach and even learn from our fellow Christians,” Ekman is quoted in the release. “We have seen a great love for Jesus and a sound theology, founded on the Bible and classic dogma.”

The statement went on to explain that the couple found solace and intrigue in the Catholic Church’s “sacramental life,” while also revering what Ekman called “a solid structure for priesthood.”

While his Protestant views had previously led to critiques of the Catholic Church, the pastor said that, after studying the faith, he realized that many of those criticisms simply weren’t valid. The release emphasized that the conversion was the result of “a personal journey.”

“This led us to the realize that it was actually Jesus Christ who led us to unite with the Catholic Church,” the pastor continued.

From anger to sadness and confusion, people are responding to Ekman’s theological switch in a variety of ways, according to the Alethia blog and think tank. That said, it may not be entirely surprising to some, as Alethia’s Andreas Glandberger, who runs Alethia, noted that the pastor has taken “steps toward Roman Catholicism since 2007,” Charisma News reported.

Watch Ekman tell his congregation about the conversion here: [ http://livetsordplay.se/en/play.aspx?idClip=4211&cn=Sunday+Service ] (go to the 25:00 mark to hear his specific comments about Catholicism).

The announcement comes after Ekman, who founded Word of Life about 30 years ago, announced his retirement in March 2013 as senior pastor at the church. Word of Life has around 3,300 members.
Just to add the link to the original article here: http://news.charismanews.com/world/43058...atholicism

And to add; it is well worth the time to watch his sermon and his unfolding love of the Catholic Faith.He says some very powerful things and even though the translator has a few problems (partly because he can't believe what the guy is saying, no doubt) keeping up with the sermon, its a good one!
How wonderful, Deo Gratias
Deus Gratias

We just discussed in an R.C.I.A class the fact that many pastors and protestants themselves will start to convert to the Catholic faith. This is because they read the bible and thus are beginning to understand how everything the Church does is biblical. This includes the Mass, the priesthood, celibacy, the Sacraments, typology, Covenants, and many other things.

My friend who teaches the class stated that in the near future there will be a big conversion to the Catholic Church
I hope to see him soon on Marcus Grodi's "Journey Home!"

Smile
When the outward persecution of Christianity becomes more extreme many evangelicals and fundamentalists of  GOOD WILL as the creed states will find refuge in the truth of Catholicism.

This is too wonderful to leave in this less-trafficked forum. I'm moving it to the Catholic News sub-forum. Thanks for posting this! How wonderful!

--- Now let's pray he makes his way to TRADITION!

Deo gratias!

And Vox-- fiat!
You know I had heard about this on the radio but neglected to listen to the whole story because I fully expected the news to be Pastor stuns congregation... tells them he is secretly gay or something like that.

Trad and good news just do not seem to go together, but lets thank God. But most of all he truly is a man seeking God with an honest and open heart, you just don't see that now a days. May more stories be told and retold everywhere, I am looking at you Billy Graham. 
(03-12-2014, 01:25 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking at you Billy Graham. 

Hahahahaha! I would do the happy dance till I dropped if Billy Graham became Catholic! I love that man. .
Pages: 1 2