FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tim Needs Our Love and Support. Please Read.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
OK, I talked to Tim's brother --  seems like a super-nice man -- and he said it'd be OK to say what's going on.

Tim is in the hospital, diagnosed with small cell carcinoma. He's not very happy. The loss of dignity that goes into being in a hospital (and Tim's a big guy), the fact that he has a port (? I believe that's what his brother called it) in his chest causing him pain -- he needs prayers and love.

Tim wants to FIGHT IT, and his family is looking around for a place he can get nursing and chemo, something that's being made more difficult with the bureaucrats getting in the way. So please pray that he finds a good place to get care -- a place with Wi-fi so he can get back online with us soon!

Please, guys, write him a letter or send him a card, will you? This is the address to send it to. He will be here for a while:

Tim McCarthy (patient)
c/o Our Lady of the Resurrection Hospital
Room 314, Bed 1
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634

And, doubly please, pray for him?

I'm so sad...

Get those cards out, guys. It's TIM we're talking about. Sigh...

And please also post encouraging words here so I can send this thread
to his brother who will print it all out and make sure Tim gets it!

My post to Tim:

Tim, I love you. I truly do. When I told you I wish you were my brother, I meant it. You are just so -- so GOOD. And intelligent, and fun, and funny, and COOL, and balanced, and CATHOLIC. And EYE-TALIAN! You bring so much to this forum -- and that so many people think of you as their favorite poster says a lot. We miss you, man.

So you'd better get better soon! Feel better and keep fighting! You're paisan'; you know how to do that!  A picture for some inspiration! Sticking tongue out at you

[Image: rocky-marciano.jpg]
49-0, Tim!

Trust in Jesus, and wrap yourself in Our Lady's cloak. Know that we're all praying for you! A sisterly XO to you, my sweet friend.

Tim, we go back a long way on this forum. When I was without a computer at home (and still am, in fact) you offered to help me get one. Well I guess you can't have a computer in your hospital room..(I wish I could buy us both a laptop!) but I'm glad your brother will print out this page so you can read all the expressions of love and well wishes for you. Look for our snail mail cards too. And count on our rosaries and Mass intentions. Hang in there, buddy. You're the best.

(03-14-2014, 03:21 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Tim, we go back a long way on this forum. When I was without a computer at home (and still am, in fact) you offered to help me get one.

See? THAT is Tim. (and he's not some rich guy either! Far, far from it!) He makes himself so easy to love.
I'm sorry to hear about Tim!

Lately, most of my visits to Fish Eaters have been little more than reading Tim's recent posts. I've spend the past year trying to get away from apologetics and arguments and trying to uncover and live what was great about Catholics before the crisis hit, and his posts are a gold mine for that. Plus, they make me laugh out loud! I hope he's back soon.

Hey Tim,
I know the Holy Trinity and the Blessed Mother are with you every second!

I miss your posts, and the history that you always give, so please get back here soon.

One moment at a time. 

You are in my prayers.

Lumine
(03-14-2014, 03:39 PM)Richard C Wrote: [ -> ]Lately, most of my visits to Fish Eaters have been little more than reading Tim's recent posts. I've spend the past year trying to get away from apologetics and arguments and trying to uncover and live what was great about Catholics before the crisis hit, and his posts are a gold mine for that. Plus, they make me laugh out loud! I hope he's back soon.

And THAT'S Tim, too. None of the armchair pontificating and debates that are more about ego and "winning" than anything else, no whining, no gossip. Just a man living a Catholic life. loving God and being GOOD to people, upholding the two great commandments. Tim's one of the ones who truly GET the essence of the Gospel message. He's an example for us all.

Tim,

Been missing your presence around FE  and am pulling for you!

"Once you choose hope, anything’s possible"

-- Christopher Reeve

Go get 'em paisan!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

CaptCrunch
Tim,
Caro amico mio,
I can't express what you mean to me. You're such a warm, encouraging presence on the forum, and reading your posts always makes me smile. You're truly a good man. May Our Blessed Lady keep you close to her, and lead you to Her son. I'll remember you every day in my prayers.  Pray

Con tutto la mia stima, amore, e gratitudine.
I don't hardly ever post. I mostly observe in the background. But it seems like whenever Tim post something, it's something good, something wortwhile, something I'm glad I read. He just seems like a cool guy and I'm sorry to hear that he's presently down. I hope in short order he rebounds, gets back on his feet, and carries on as always.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14