FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The REC (WRECK): LA "religious ed congress': Houston, we have a problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Only watch the video if you have  strong stomach.  It may make you realize that your church and their church are not one and the same...in a way.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/03...usual.html
[size=10pt]Business as usual [/size]

The video below is that of yesterday's Closing Mass for the Religious Education Congress of the Los Angeles Archdiocese, which took place from March 14 to 16 of this year. Making this Mass even more special was the presence not just of Cardinal Mahony -- who had been barred from public duties for all of one day in 2013 before Archbishop Gomez had to retreat -- but also of Cardinal Maradiaga, the powerful Coordinator of the Council of Cardinals.

Among other things: lots of dancing, a denuded altar-table for the duration of the "Liturgy of the Word", a glass plate for the main host, the wine consecrated while still in glass pitchers prominently distributed around the table, baskets for the hosts, the whole congregation singing the doxology at the end of the Eucharistic Prayer. Business as usual ... and this year right in the presence of the one of the Holy Father's most influential advisers.

The video is here:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/85550/events/2799106

[Image: jazz-liturgy-los-angeles-religion-educat...07-2nd.jpg]

[Image: med_MVC-115S.jpg]

Cardinal Rodriguez Maridiaga, a primary 'advisor' of the Pope was there:  Is this the sort of liturgical abuse the Holy Father approves of too?
nevermind
Jaegermeister, please watch the previous years' "Eucharistic Liturgies" of the RE conferences. There are liturgical dancers who accompany the incense (in big ceramic bowls) up to the "altar of the word" and the "altar of the eucharist". They're usually dressed like harem girls.

"Congress annually offers a number of liturgies of different character. Congress 2014 offered 18 Eucharistic Liturgies of different character, including Black Culture, Celtic, Contemplative, Evening Prayer, General, Jazz, Mayan, Native American, Spanish, Urban Fusion, Vietnamese, and Young Adult -- as well as evening prayer and a Taizé service."

It's just a big exercise in "diversity", not primarily in worshiping God.

This is definitely not the same Catholic faith as was held by the Fathers.
(03-17-2014, 04:43 PM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]Jaegermeister, please watch the previous years' "Eucharistic Liturgies" of the RE conferences. There are liturgical dancers who accompany the incense (in big ceramic bowls) up to the "altar of the word" and the "altar of the eucharist". They're usually dressed like harem girls.

"Congress annually offers a number of liturgies of different character. Congress 2014 offered 18 Eucharistic Liturgies of different character, including Black Culture, Celtic, Contemplative, Evening Prayer, General, Jazz, Mayan, Native American, Spanish, Urban Fusion, Vietnamese, and Young Adult -- as well as evening prayer and a Taizé service."

It's just a big exercise in "diversity", not primarily in worshiping God.

This is definitely not the same Catholic faith as was held by the Fathers.

Yes, I watched.  I was editing my post to "Nevermind"  the moment you were posting this.  Yes, atrocious.  But then, you should see some African Masses.....they know how to party. 
OK, jaegermeister. Sorry I jumped in to correct you so quickly.

As to the Africans knowing how to party in liturgy: actually, I concur with them in their use of their own culture in worshiping God. What makes no sense is the act of bringing in "African"-like stuff for a bunch of square, lame white people in LA. It's such a stretch for diversity that it's actually insulting and stupid. What a joke.
This is almost unbelievable.  The faith of many people will be so hurt by this. 
Is this the same one in Anaheim where I live?

They had this congress over the weekend on the Anaheim convention center. I went yesterday on Sunday to buy books because they sell some of them pretty cheap as they are getting ready to leave. I would never stay for Mass though as I have heard very bad things about it.

I know a couple of people who went in for Mass and I told them that it was not a good idea.
The Pope said he was concerned about the Vetus Ordo mass being politicized. Do you think Pope Francis was upset about the politicization of the mass in Anaheim?
One surprising thing from the event was Father Barron (yes tha Father Barron) who was the key note speaker and pretty much spoke truth to power and called them on their ridiculous display.
(03-17-2014, 07:02 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the same one in Anaheim where I live?

They had this congress over the weekend on the Anaheim convention center. I went yesterday on Sunday to buy books because they sell some of them pretty cheap as they are getting ready to leave. I would never stay for Mass though as I have heard very bad things about it.

I know a couple of people who went in for Mass and I told them that it was not a good idea.

It's the same one.  I skipped it every year I lived in Orange County.  Grin

Wow, Unum Sint! I wonder if anyone will post a transcript of what Fr. Barron said?
Pages: 1 2