FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: John Vennari's response to Church Militant TV (& Michael Voris)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow.  This is worth watching.

Can figure out how to insert video...sorry
Here you go
you have to go to youtube, copy the link and post it via the youtube icon on the thread. Make sure its in the middle

[video=youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=DfFMrWHQS-8 [/video]

Paisan' nailed it. (I like his face, too).
"Paisan' nailed it. (I like his face, too)"

Yea Vox i have to agree with you.   I hope Michael Voris will rethink his position and realize he can't single-handedly save the Church  and protect the so called "little ones" from scandal by not exposing the confusion going on everywhere in  the Church.  Its looking more and more like the Emperor  has no clothes.
This video is a very good response to Michael Voris.  John Vennari hit all the main points.

There are many catholics that believe it is wrong to criticize anyone that wears a collar. EWTN comes to mind.  Others, such as Voris, will take on priests and bishops but be silent when it comes to the Pope/Rome axis.  This is no secret.  Those who have watched CMTV for any length of time know how they operate and now they're just going a step further by condemning others who disagree. 

This is a key issue because the modernists in the Church like to use a false notion of obedience as a club to keep people in line and advance their agenda.   I'm glad this is coming out as a major point of discussion on the blogs.

Personally, it's a process.  I hope that when Michael Voris comes to a deeper understanding of Catholic obedience (and charity) apologies will be in order.
What a true Catholic and true gentleman is John Venarri.

For those who aren't aware, he spent 14 years in a monastery.  I think it shows.

(As I told him, I also was unable to get through Voris' statement without laughing out loud.  It is, to be blunt, at times simply preposterous.)

Still, though, criticism needs to be made with RESPECT, while giving all benefit of the doubt, without guessing as to motives, etc. Like I said, I think Mr. Vennari NAILED it -- but I lament the toxic trad type who doesn't go about sincere criticism with any humility or charity, who seems to actually delight in finding things to get "scandalized" about. Either extreme -- the Voris take or the "toxic trad" way -- won't work and isn't healthy.

(03-21-2014, 12:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Still, though, criticism needs to be made with RESPECT, while giving all benefit of the doubt, without guessing as to motives, etc. Like I said, I think Mr. Vennari NAILED it -- but I lament the toxic trad type who doesn't go about sincere criticism with any humility or charity, who seems to actually delight in finding things to get "scandalized" about. Either extreme -- the Voris take or the "toxic trad" way -- won't work and isn't healthy.

Michael Voris never addressed toxic trads: he addressed Venarri, Matt, and Ferarra (by name).
(03-21-2014, 12:21 AM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2014, 12:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Still, though, criticism needs to be made with RESPECT, while giving all benefit of the doubt, without guessing as to motives, etc. Like I said, I think Mr. Vennari NAILED it -- but I lament the toxic trad type who doesn't go about sincere criticism with any humility or charity, who seems to actually delight in finding things to get "scandalized" about. Either extreme -- the Voris take or the "toxic trad" way -- won't work and isn't healthy.

Michael Voris never addressed toxic trads: he addressed Venarri, Matt, and Ferarra (by name).

I know.. Just throwing in my two cents Sticking tongue out at you
Pages: 1 2