FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Do you have devotions towards unkown Saints?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have a devotion towards a Saint or Blessed most people have never heard of?

I ask for the intercession of Saint Martha quite often,
Most people don't know she is the same Martha that's in the Bible.
[Image: Martha%20Sister%20of%20LazarusFlyer.jpg]

Another Saint I'm very close to is Saint Jose Maria Robles Hurtado. He was martyred during the Cristero War.
[Image: Priest.jpg]

I have a devotion to St. Martha! How weird...  My Mom died on her feast day, too, so that makes her extra-special to me. My cat, Marta, is named after her.
The big ones for me that I consistently venerate are:
Father John Hardon
Father Francisco Palau
Blessed Bartolo Longo
Vn. Solanus Casey
and the big ones (taboo ha!) are...
Elder Barsanuphius of Optina
Elder Nektary of Optina
Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
The new martyrs of Optina monks Trophim,Ferapont and Vasily; all killed by a satanist as the bells were ringing in Pascha in 1993.
(03-21-2014, 01:23 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Blessed Bartolo Longo

The satanist priest who became a Saint!
A true inspiration.
Saint Dismas the good thief (the penitential thief) Smile

[Image: St.-Dismas.bmp]
I love, love, love St. Aidan of Lindisfarne. He was one of the primary Celtic/Anglo-Saxon saints of the 600s. His great humility, warmth, and sound doctrine converted thousands in Northumbria during the reign of paganism and heresy.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/sas/image/100457/45761.b.jpg
(03-21-2014, 06:34 AM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]I love, love, love St. Aidan of Lindisfarne. He was one of the primary Celtic/Anglo-Saxon saints of the 600s. His great humility, warmth, and sound doctrine converted thousands in Northumbria during the reign of paganism and heresy.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/sas/image/100457/45761.b.jpg

Yes! And I love St. Cuthbert... who was converted, they say, after seeing a vision of St. Aidan. I have always been fascinated with that part of the world and the Ango-Saxon period. I can just envision Cuthbert living out his hermitage in sea caves and praying with the sea lions. His feast day was actually yesterday, March 20.
Actually, I have a devotion to saints who are literally unknown.  That is, saints who were never widely recognized as such, were forgotten, and who were never even considered for canonization.  In other words, ordinary people who arrived at union with God in this life and who radiated His love to others.  Holy ones.

I remember them particularly on the day the Church gives us for them, November 1st.