FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tim Has Died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
From Tim's brother:

Timothy Joseph McCarthy passed away peacefully yesterday 3/20/2014 at noon the beginning of spring. His whole family was by his side. Tim has requested that donations be sent to Christ the King Church Catholic Church in Sarasota Fl  Rev. Fr. Remski. This is being established through the Herdegen Funeral Home. Tim will rest with his Mother Katherine Lisandrello-McCarthy at Mt. Carmel Catholic cemetery in Hillside, Il.

Tracy thank you and all the fisheaters for their prays and support. Tim was very blessed to have friends like you. God Bless and may God keep you all.

http://www.herdegenfuneralhome.com/fh/ho...h_id=12569

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Editing now, on March 26, 2014, as I move this thread to the Oratory and pin it, in order to include this information:

[Image: avatar_686424.png]
Tim McCarthy
July 14, 1948 - March 20, 2014

For all who never had the happiness of knowing him, Tim McCarthy was a most beloved member of this forum, everyone's "favorite poster." He was a very orthodox Catholic whose love for Our Lady was exemplary for us all.

Tim was a fellow paisan' who grew up in Chicago long before the Council and who taught us all about how things were before the "spirit of Vatican II" revolutionized the human element of the Church. His stories were wonderful, filled with charm, and helped those of us who came of age after the Council have a beautiful vision of what was -- and what we all want to have again through "the Restoration." He wasn't a sentimentalist, though, which made his posts even more important. He knew well of problems that existed before Vatican II and that needed to be addressed. He warned against the legalism that was rampant and which is making a return in some parts of "the trad world." He spoke of catechesis that didn't go far enough, and warned of judgmentalism. He was a very intelligent man, capable of great subtlety of thought.

Tim was such a loving person, a man who truly and deeply "got" the Gospel message with its Two Great Commandments -- to love God with all our minds, hearts, souls, and strength, and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. His style was laid back, marked by good humor, warm, and beautifully, honestly fraternal. He gave so much to all of us through his words and kind spirit, and, though he was disabled and poor, he subscribed to this forum, which he thought of as a virtual "second home."  Because of the problems he had with mobility, this place meant a lot to him, was a big part of his social life, and FishEaters has been so blessed by his presence here.

I loved him very much, and I always will. And I know I'm not the only person here on this forum who feels this way. I want to keep this thread pinned here as long as the forum lasts, and I ask that all who read it pause to say an Ave for the beautiful soul of my friend, our brother in Christ, Tim McCarthy.

[Image: timrose.jpg]

Requiescat in pace
OMG! I can't believe he's gone!

Tim, rest in peace my brother. Pray for me and I'll pray for you.
"Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."
Rest in peaceTim. I will miss you very much.
Farewell, Tim. You will be greatly missed.
(03-21-2014, 10:24 AM)Oatmeal Wrote: [ -> ]"Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Beautiful and best of all Shakespeare.  (Tears)
So sad and such a loss. Requiescat in pace.
Rest in peace faithful Catholic  Cry(   
Would it be possible to post an enlarged picture of Tim, I always liked looking at his whenever he posted.
In paradisum: deducant te Angeli:
in tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyres,
et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem.
Chorus Angelorum te suscipiat,
et cum Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
St. Timothy, pray for us.
St. Benedict, pray for us.
Bl. Jacinta Marto, pray for us.
Bl. Francisco Marto, pray for us.
All you holy saints and angels, pray for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19