FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop of Limburg removed by the Pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/pope-removes...-1.1746558

Looks like the wolves got to him :(

Let's hope his new job gives him influence  :pray:
I love the comments in the comment section.  And by love, I mean hilarious.

And then we'll get the other side.  Pope STILL isn't doing enough!  He's a heretic preaching heresy!

The Pope can't win.  Though I suppose that's his cross to bear.
I don't know anything about this bishop, so I don't support or resist the Holy Father's decision---it really doesn't matter what I think anyway.  But I will say that with the behavior of bishops as it is today, I think that there are MUCH more serious problems in the episcopacy than a bishop building an expensive house...
(03-26-2014, 12:35 PM)2HearsServant Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know anything about this bishop, so I don't support or resist the Holy Father's decision---it really doesn't matter what I think anyway.  But I will say that with the behavior of bishops as it is today, I think that there are MUCH more serious problems in the episcopacy than a bishop building an expensive house...

Wouldn't the default stance of a Catholic be to support the Pope?

Anyway - here's the Guardian's take:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ma...NETTXT3487

Pope Francis replaces German 'bishop of bling' over €31m residence
Monsignor Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Elst was removed from his post after church inquiry into the cost of his new complex

The comments are typical of Grauniad readers... apart from Stevehep who should be a member here!
Yes, the church has bigger problems - particularly in Germany where it appears than just about anything goes.  But, shouldn't such a tremendous waste of diocesan money be met with rebuke? This is about renovations costing 31 million euros.  That's a HUGE sum of money.  Change can only happen one disciplinary action at a time in something as slow moving as the Vatican bureaucracy.  It's a miracle that it only took 5 months to complete this particular process. 
Buying expensive homes is scandal while other German bishops deny Jesus's teachings publicly, no justice here!
i always get dire straits stuck in my head when i hear "bishop of bling".