FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis meeting Obama tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
Is it wrong to hope for a spontaneous conversion?
(03-26-2014, 05:20 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Is it wrong to hope for a spontaneous conversion?

Let's pray for that!  You never know.

-Martin
I pray that the Pope has the courage to stand up to Obama, and tell the president what a sin it is limit the religious practices of Catholics.
I'd pay money to see him rebuke Obama, throw his sorry ass out of the Vatican and tell him he's going to rot in hell for promoting the murder of innocent babies.  But I don't think that's going to happen.  So, I'll pray that Obama will fall to his knees and beg forgiveness for his many sins.
(03-26-2014, 06:33 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]I'd pay money to see him rebuke Obama, throw his sorry ass out of the Vatican and tell him he's going to rot in hell for promoting the murder of innocent babies.  But I don't think that's going to happen.  So, I'll pray that Obama will fall to his knees and beg forgiveness for his many sins.
You never know. Divine Grace works mysteriously.
From the HuffingtonPost:

Quote:American and Vatican officials say the talks may disappoint those hoping for fireworks, and that the summit is going to focus on collaboration much more than conflict.

One reason is that the two men have a lot in common. Moreover, neither side wants to derail the chances for greater cooperation at a time of global volatility.

“I have to believe in this kind of high-level meeting, it’s not about making anybody feel bad,” Ken Hackett, the U.S. ambassador to the Holy See, said in a recent interview in his office here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/22...f=religion

Oh well! :P
(03-26-2014, 06:44 PM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]From the HuffingtonPost:

Quote:American and Vatican officials say the talks may disappoint those hoping for fireworks, and that the summit is going to focus on collaboration much more than conflict.

One reason is that the two men have a lot in common. Moreover, neither side wants to derail the chances for greater cooperation at a time of global volatility.

“I have to believe in this kind of high-level meeting, it’s not about making anybody feel bad,” Ken Hackett, the U.S. ambassador to the Holy See, said in a recent interview in his office here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/22...f=religion

Oh well! :P
I think the Pope has a responsibility to his flock, and that means he must address the matter of how Obama is doing damage to the religious freedom of Catholics.
(03-26-2014, 06:46 PM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Pope has a responsibility to his flock, and that means he must address the matter of how Obama is doing damage to the religious freedom of Catholics.

He certainly does have that obligation... it's just that (given the personality he's displayed in the last year) he seems less likely to exercise that responsibility with Obama than to, say, talk about purely economic issues with Obama.

The two seem to share similar views when it comes to social duties of the citizen. Since this is about "cooperation instead of conflict", expect prosaic things. This is a state visit, after all.
Pope Francis did say that mafia figures would go to hell so who knows, he very well could say something unexpected. I certainly hope he stands up for the Faith and that this doesn't turn into a "Dolan-esque" back slapping love fest about what have have in common. One thing is for sure, the media will be like buzzards at a hog killing just waiting for even the slightest bizzaro off the cuff remark that can be used to further show that Francis is the revolutionary face of Vatican II that they have been waiting half a century to sit on the Chair of St. Peter.
Pages: 1 2