FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Video of Pope Francis going to Confession
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'm not sure why, but this almost brought tears to my eyes!

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2014/03/video-pop...nfessions/
(03-28-2014, 04:46 PM)2HearsServant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why, but this almost brought tears to my eyes!

Are you serious?  It brought tears to your eyes because you actually assume that other popes were not humble (perhaps more so), repentant, pious, and regular in the practice of the sacrament, but just didn't make a photographic production of it?  !!!  Un.  Real.

Matthew 6:1-34
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

Matthew 6:6
"But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Matthew 6:5
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

Mark 1:35
"And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed."

Luke 6:12
"In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God."

Luke 5:16
"But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray."

pope francs did something, lets find something wrong with it no matter if there is nothing wrong with it.

I agree. I will admit that I have a tendency to find fault in others-especially Francis, but I feel that some people take it too far. Why do you think that Francis is making a video to showcase his piety and humility? Is it not possible that he, being the most important man in the religious world, has people who film him-no matter what he is doing?
(03-28-2014, 04:57 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2014, 04:46 PM)2HearsServant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why, but this almost brought tears to my eyes!

Are you serious?  It brought tears to your eyes because you actually assume that other popes were not humble (perhaps more so), repentant, pious, and regular in the practice of the sacrament, but just didn't make a photographic production of it?  !!!   Un.  Real.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

"But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

"And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed."

"In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God."

So, then, we should not publicly go to church, either.

Are you serious?  It brought tears to your eyes because you actually assume that other popes were not humble (perhaps more so), repentant, pious, and regular in the practice of the sacrament, but just didn't make a photographic production of it?  !!!   Un.  Real.

I thought that we as Tradition loving Catholics encouraged people to go to Confession...I understand your point, but I really don't think that the Pope was just making a show of himself so that people would fawn over him.  Have you all never gone to Confession in a busy church?  Other people see you, but you don't do it for that reason, right?  You do it because you want/need to go.  Thank you, Holy Father, for your example.  This may be just the encouragement somebody who has been away from Christ for a long time needs.  I'm not the biggest fan of everything the Holy Father has done, either.  But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water---just because somebody's not perfect doesn't mean that they are incapable of doing any good.  And please, let's not presume to know why other people feel the way they feel.  I think that I was so touched by the Pope's example because, in spite of his issues, Pope Francis IS holier than me, and he has no hesitations about doing something that I have struggled (and neglected) to do for a very long time.  And I don't think that the Pope is necessarily gaining multitudes of liberal friends by encouraging/frequenting Confession. 
(03-28-2014, 05:31 PM)2HearsServant Wrote: [ -> ]  Thank you, Holy Father, for your example.  This may be just the encouragement somebody who has been away from Christ for a long time needs. 

Amen!  :amen:

Are you serious?  It brought tears to your eyes because you actually assume that other popes were not humble (perhaps more so), repentant, pious, and regular in the practice of the sacrament, but just didn't make a photographic production of it?  !!!   Un.  Real.

:eyeroll:

Oh get the eff down off your damn high horse.

Papa has no control over when the cameras are rolling.

Good grief some people on here just will not cut the man a break, he obviously can never do right in the eyes of some trads...well here's a verse for ya'll

Matthew 7:1-2 Wrote:"Stop judging, that you may not be judged.
For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.

- New American Bible
you know his thinking could also have been...

confession is an important part of being a christian, i am going to show the world that even the pope needs forgiveness from sin, maybe those around the world will see this and follow with their own reconciliation.

lead by example.
Amen Amen

Like7:31-35

31 “To what then will I compare the people of this generation, and what are they like? 32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another,

‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
    we wailed, and you did not weep.’
33 For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon’; 34 the Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ 35 Nevertheless, wisdom is vindicated by all her children.”
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10