FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Why does the Church keep shooting itself in the foot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Catholic church must apologise for its role in Rwanda's genocide
The Vatican's reluctance to confront those accused of murder in its midst is rooted in its refusal to face up to the church's complicity in the events of 1994

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...de-vatican

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ap...lic-church

Priests guilty of the deaths of hundreds or even thousands are holed up in Europe and hiding from the authorities and are being protected by the church.

Sometimes it's very hard to be a defender of the church.

I pray for a mighty purge sometimes, to clear out the Vatican Bank, the "gay mafia," the pedophiles, and now these murderers!

I know all the answers -
No, the Pope (Pius XII) didn't collude with the Nazis,
No, the church didn't steal babies (in Ireland and Spain)
No, the church's policy of celibacy didn't cause the child abuse scandals

but there's so many institutional sins connected to the Church that it's hard to stay positive about Her place in the world.

(And I know the church is both Body of Christ, and human.)
You know TriumphGuy this entire event  seems to rip the mask off of the human soul exposing it  for  its  total depravity.  It makes a mockery of the Christian Faith when you consider that the vast majority of the populace claimed to be Christian.  Most were "catholics" and the rest were various protestant sects.  Maybe 10 percent were Muslim.  Virtually all of the victims were murdered by their so called "Brothers". How is this possibleHuh?Were they all total LIARS about their so called relation  to Jesus...not to mention MaryHuh? How do Christians murder 800,000+ of their  own?, and still be called Christians? I don't know what to say or what to think about how such a thing is possible.... but it obviously is possible since it has occurred.  So many unanswered questions...May God have mercy.

Then I think of the MILLIONS of children murdered in this country and around the world through abortion.  Its just murder that is done quietly so consciences can be lulled to sleep......seems we are no different here we just make our murder sanitized by the Government.  Cry  Also correct me if i am wrong but as far as i know there is no official fundraising done by the Church  to help with  this particular fight.  Funds are raised for everything else under the sun  but i have never seen a collection of any kind to support the right to Life.

Here is another pertinent link  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3561365.stm
Let's not blame THE CHURCH for the actions of the Church's CLERGY.  Because more often than not, when a clergyman does something bad, it's something the Church says is a sin. 

You can't blame the Church for it's members committing sins that the Church condemns.  That's like blaming the US Constitution every time a politician does something unconstitutional.
I don't blame the church at all, I just feel so disheartened sometimes that we, the "poor children of Eve" keep messing up so badly and pull the church down with us through the mud.

And it's again and again and again.
(04-08-2014, 11:29 PM)triumphguy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame the church at all, I just feel so disheartened sometimes that we, the "poor children of Eve" keep messing up so badly and pull the church down with us through the mud.

Proverbs 24:16 contains the answer.

It's a shame we're a fallen race. The cycle continues. That is the only answer I can give to the perpetual evils which we constantly commit.

I am no better than these priests or any other sinner. I murder others in my heart daily. God be merciful to me.
(04-08-2014, 11:59 PM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2014, 11:29 PM)triumphguy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame the church at all, I just feel so disheartened sometimes that we, the "poor children of Eve" keep messing up so badly and pull the church down with us through the mud.

Proverbs 24:16 contains the answer.

It's a shame we're a fallen race. The cycle continues. That is the only answer I can give to the perpetual evils which we constantly commit.

I am no better than these priests or any other sinner. I murder others in my heart daily. God be merciful to me.

It's hard to be "salt and light" when we're covered in crud.
The only thing we ever had going for us was indefectibility, that hasn't changed.  "An institute run with such knavish imbecility that if it were not the work of God it would not last a fortnight."

Hilaire Belloc
The only difference now than in the past is that the world is looking for dirt on the church and the clergy to degrade her and get her to submit to the modern zeitgiest.

Do you ever read stories about other religous leaders? Not as often or with such venom.

Yes the Church is full of sinners but She should be given the benefit of the doubt because She teaches the truth.... The world does not believe the Church teaches the truth so it is willfully refusing to give the Church the benefit of the doubt as it once did.
Idk, I'm the opposite. It's no surprise to see Holy Mother Church to have wicked sheep among His Flock.

However, I'm growing weary of the constant mea culpas coming from the Vatican. That is one thing I loved about Papa Benedetto, he apologized for the sex abuse scandal; but then immediately turned it on to the world and pointed out the world's hypocrisy and wickedness.

The Church didn't cause the genocide....the psycho machete-wielding Rwandans did, if that limey rag wants to rag on someone, how about the Africans who started the genocide.

Also why pick on just the Roman Catholic Church? I think there were plenty of Anglican and other Protestant groups involved in the slaughter....but you know whatHuh?

A lot of priests (and Protestants) died protecting the innocent.

So honestly, the Guardian can go screw itself. The author is just another Leftist, Israel-bashing(probably former-Catholic) bigot who's butt-hurt over the Church
(04-09-2014, 07:03 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]The Church didn't cause the genocide....the psycho machete-wielding Rwandans did, if that limey rag wants to rag on someone, how about the Africans who started the genocide.

Also why pick on just the Roman Catholic Church? I think there were plenty of Anglican and other Protestant groups involved in the slaughter....but you know whatHuh?

A lot of priests (and Protestants) died protecting the innocent.

So honestly, the Guardian can go screw itself. The author is just another Leftist, Israel-bashing(probably former-Catholic) bigot who's butt-hurt over the Church

The Guardian is a hard-left, anti-Catholic, anti-tradition (in the secular sense) rag. I don't know why any Catholic reads it, much less quotes from it.
Pages: 1 2