FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Easter Vigil at Saint Teillard de Chardin's was pretty okay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The host was a little crumbley when I received it in my hand, but that was okay, I think it was chocolate poptart this year. We spent the time building up to midnight listening to smooth jazz and watching a Capoeira performance on the sanctuary. 
I fully understand that you are joking again. As I said in the thread of mine, http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...95.20.html, my tolerance with NO masses is coming to zero.

Sorry to hear about what you said, but this is the heavy cross we traditionalists have to carry.

When I received communion on my tongue while kneeling and with my head veiled, the priest was quite unhappy about it, because it's inconveniet. I think he had been kind enough to give me the communion, and not to reject it.  :Hmm:
(04-22-2014, 07:13 AM)Pacman Wrote: [ -> ]The host was a little crumbley when I received it in my hand, but that was okay, I think it was chocolate poptart this year. We spent the time building up to midnight listening to smooth jazz and watching a Capoeira performance on the sanctuary.   

Not Catholic? What religion are you? A Pop Tart? Is that like the Unitarians?
That's funny, Pacman - we have quite a few shrines to St. Teilhard ourselves in this city!

Our particular "Easter Celebration" was horrible. I might even go so far as to call it godawful; repugnant; horrid; disgusting; repulsive. I've never been so angry at a celebration of Mass. 8 PM to 10 PM. Only 3 of the 7 prophecies were used. Somehow the sudden appearance of the Gloria, with the lights and bells, wasn't at all joyful... it just seemed to "happen", and that was it. The priest's sermon consisted of parish announcements and thanks to various ministries. He didn't even say "Christ is risen"... so there really was no homily. The choir was accompanied not by an organ, nor even a piano, but a strummed electric guitar which sounded rather like it belonged in a minimalist Godspeed You, Black Emperor! album. In two of the hymns, a tambourine was employed. A few people danced in the main aisle after Mass. Wine used for the Blood was white.

The whole bloody thing was a man-centered nonsense. It was as if we were celebrating ourselves. "God's OK, but He isn't 'it'."

I've never seen a Traditional Latin Mass parish... I can only imagine people are silent in the pews and actually pray before the Liturgy. I do often dream of what the real Easter Vigil looks like. Sure, it was concocted in 1951... but it's probably a damn sight better than this rubbish.
I was privileged, a few years ago, to attend the entire Residuum according to the 1962 rubrics in an FSSP parish. It was GLORIOUS!
It wouldn't be surprising..
wikipedia Wrote:In Dan Simmons' 1989–97 Hyperion Cantos, Teilhard de Chardin has been canonized a saint in the far future. His work inspires the anthropologist priest character, Paul Duré. When Duré becomes Pope, he takes Teilhard I as his regnal name.
Ignorant thread. Being bitter is all a certain kind of (pseudo-Catholic) trad seems able to do.
Insinuating that one is not Catholic for poking fun sounds to me like bitter zeal.
Our vigil was a big suprise for us... we go in and the stand alone altar was moved to the side with the Easter candle in its place and the mass was said facing  the high alter. Im sure 80% of the people in attendance have never attended a mass when the priest faced the altar. Just wished he realy surprised them with a Latin mass though.
(04-23-2014, 03:10 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]Ignorant thread. Being bitter is all a certain kind of (pseudo-Catholic) trad seems able to do.

I myself am ashamed of my bitterness. I am also ashamed to call myself Catholic since 1963. The Western Church has acted in such a way that it deserves the mass exodus that has come about since Vatican II. Absolutely disgraceful. I take no pleasure in it. Sad times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4