FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A New Saint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A 22-year-old Pakistani Christian was murdered by a Muslim after refusing to convert to Islam, according to the Pakistan Christian Post and the Fides news agency.

The Christian, identified as Haroon, recently started working in Lahore with a Muslim security guard, Umer Farooq. On April 16, “Haroon went to work and Farooq again started a conversation about religion and began pressurizing him to embrace Islam,” the Post reported. “Haroon asked Farooq politely why he was so adamant for him to embrace Islam as he was not ready from his heart.”

“He again clearly refused to convert, stating that he was a true follower of Jesus Christ,” the report continued. “Farooq then became aggressive and opened fire on Haroon, with a bullet hitting him the head, killing him on the spot.”

Farooq said that Haroon committed suicide, and police treated the case as a suicide until local Christians held a protest, according to the Post and Fides.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=21212

I think we have a new saint.
Smile Smile Smile
Cry( Such a good boy. But  LOL because he has received his crown of glory in heaven.

Glory be to God on the highest, and peace to his people on earth.
Well, he has the standing of  a martyr - they become automatically saints.  If you are a confessor (pontiff or not) (to use the old classification of saints) you'll have to perform two miracles.
Praise God for the steadfastness of this young man. May his memory be eternal and may he intercede for us miserable sinners. Imagine that courage! Imagine that love of God, to forthrightly say he believes in Jesus Christ in such a place and at such a time!  Grin
(04-28-2014, 11:02 AM)voltape Wrote: [ -> ]Well, he has the standing of  a martyr - they become automatically saints.  If you are a confessor (pontiff or not) (to use the old classification of saints) you'll have to perform two miracles.

They become saints assuming they are not heretics.  I'm not trying to be harsh but we need to be careful before assuming. 
(04-28-2014, 12:06 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2014, 11:02 AM)voltape Wrote: [ -> ]Well, he has the standing of  a martyr - they become automatically saints.  If you are a confessor (pontiff or not) (to use the old classification of saints) you'll have to perform two miracles.

They become saints assuming they are not heretics.  I'm not trying to be harsh but we need to be careful before assuming.   

I don't think we're ever going to know that, one way or the other. Very brave young man either way - reminds me of Fr Frans van der Lugt, SJ (nothing official there either, but I believe this man to be a saint), another martyr. It's dangerous to be Christian these days in more ways than one.
I imagine it's possible that in such an infidel wasteland as Pakistan with such a sparse Catholic population this man would fall under the "invincible ignorance" category regarding the doctrines of the Catholic faith but his explicit faith in Jesus Christ and his confession of that holy and saving name against that of the false prophet would make him a martyr saint. I certainly think there is a really good chance for his salvation since he actually had explicit faith in our good Lord.