FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic League Makes a BIG Mistake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Why in the Sam Hill would the Catholic League do something like this? It is completely asinine for an institution allegedly devoted to protecting Catholics to insert itself into such a divisive matter that has not a thing to do with keeping Catholics from oppression. I am completely disgusted that the Catholic League would join in defending a country that treats Palestinians the way they do and will never send money to the Catholic League because of this:

CATHOLIC LEAGUE
FOR RELIGIOUS AND CIVIL RIGHTS

Protest Boycott of Israel
April 28, 2014

Bill Donohue explains why he opposes a boycott of Israel:

I am happy that my Jewish friends have asked for the support of the Catholic League in protesting the inclusion of Boycott Israel groups in the Israel Day Parade. We are glad to lend our support. The "100 Shofars Rally," which is being held to protest this issue, will take place on April 29 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in front of the UJA-Federation Building at 130 E. 59th Street (between Park and Lexington).

The obscene, and totally hypocritical, sponsorship of the Boycott Israel campaign picked up steam last December when the American Studies Association voted to boycott Israel's institutions of higher education. If these people were interested in justice, they would commend Israel, not condemn it.

The Jewish community can depend on the support of the Catholic League in protesting all Boycott Israel campaigns.

Phone: 212-371-3191
E-mail: pr@catholicleague.org
The Catholic League is, unfortunately, something of a joke.
(04-28-2014, 02:27 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]The Catholic League is, unfortunately, something of a joke.

This is largely true, but in the age of political correctness it looks bad not to reach out. Not saying I agree, but I'm sure the last ones the CL wants to fire up is the Jews. Catholic Orgs have their hands full with the government these days.
(04-28-2014, 07:40 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2014, 02:27 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]The Catholic League is, unfortunately, something of a joke.

This is largely true, but in the age of political correctness it looks bad not to reach out. Not saying I agree, but I'm sure the last ones the CL wants to fire up is the Jews. Catholic Orgs have their hands full with the government these days.

They're already fired up and have been for 2,000 years now. Time to stop kow-towing.

I'm totally with you Box.  Sadly the League, like the rest of mainstream America, wants to ignore the realities of the region and its complexities.

I hope everyone writes to the Catholic League and lets them know this is a huge, BAD mistake, including to mention not ever supporting their work financially again. That's likely not a "real" threat because they're probably already bought off, but still. Their contact info:

Phone: 212-371-3191
E-mail: pr@catholicleague.org