FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Christianity and Libertarianism?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
How did you define the religious groups that would be forbidden?  I can understand why Satanism and certain protestant and Islamist groups, but why neopaganism and all NRMs?  These are usually peaceful and keep to themselves, so I don't understand the reasoning for banning even their private practice.  So these groups would be banned from having places of worship, even on private property?

As far as private sexual deviency, what would you suggest to prevent persons from being blackmailed by corrupt law enforcement?  Or would this be of low concern and tolerated by the monarch?
(05-18-2014, 10:02 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2014, 08:58 PM)Silouan Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this is one of the most terrifying posts I've ever read on a discussion forum and illustrates perfectly why an armed and educated citizenry is so important.

What's so terrifying about it?

and I'm all for education and the right to bear arms.

What happens when your religion is no longer on the approved list? For most of us history begins the day we were born but it has happened to Catholicism numerous times in history. It can and will happen again.

List of Catholic martyrs of the English Reformation

[Image: latimer-and-ridley.jpg?w=300&h=235]

[Image: man-to-be-stoned-to-death.jpg]
(05-18-2014, 08:51 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2014, 11:31 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]
austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]You can privately practice your faith, but not publicly...certain cults would be banned even for private use. I really can't answer your question, unless you specify and do note...I don't have a perfect ideal system...so everything I answer would be an ad hoc answer.

No, i understand that.  Nothing is perfect.  Which religious beliefs would be forbidden even from private practice, and what would be a just penalty if private practice was discovered?

What constitutes public practice?  Would other religions be allowed to build places of worship?  Are they allowed to advertise cultural festivals?  Are they allowed to explain why they believe what they believe in a public forum?  Or is public practice strictly overt evangelization?

What kind of penalties would there be for victimless crimes?  Would practicing homosexuals who do not act homosexually outside of their homes be subject to fines or imprisonment?  Or would they be turned a blind eye if they agree to keep it private?

To start off: any new religious movement, certain Protestant denominations, certain Islamist groups, Satanism, neo-Paganism would be explicitly forbidden

Public practice would be overt evangelization. Other religions are free to erect places of worship on private property.

Penalties would be fines, followed by jail sentence.

Buggery is not a victimless crime in my opinion, but privacy is important. Sodomy would be illegal, but one would not be in fear of the police arresting for individual cases.

Regarding matters of group orgies (and this includes heterosexuals too) and things like "public bath houses" would warrant arrest, rehabilitation (classroom and counseling...no ECT or any crap like that)  would bring the police knocking on your door.

So typically 2 homosexuals would not have to fear punishment as long as they keep it in their home, just like other people engaging in sexual deviancy. If a married couple wanted to throw a "swingers" party....if reported, the police would fine and arrest the perps (or pervs) and send them to rehabilitation.

So in that scenario, the state is more concerned with the sexual deviancy of several heterosexual perverted couples engaging in the disgusting act known as "swinging"....than the 2 sodomites keeping to themselves at home.

The point is this, the state is concerned at the influence of society by sexual deviancy...isolated cases are of no importance, only ones that can be a public nuisance...a site like AshleyMadison.com would be shut down, and the owner fined and sent to prison. The records of the people who signed up, would be confiscated and the state would then offer assistance to the people to help them with their adultery.

So yes, there would be a governmental agency designed to offer help to ensure strong, stable marriages and families.

You're kidding.......................right? 
(05-18-2014, 11:33 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]How did you define the religious groups that would be forbidden?  I can understand why Satanism and certain protestant and Islamist groups, but why neopaganism and all NRMs?  These are usually peaceful and keep to themselves, so I don't understand the reasoning for banning even their private practice.  So these groups would be banned from having places of worship, even on private property?

Simply because they are cults and I wouldn't consider the Jim Jones NRM peaceful, or the Branch Davidians. As for neoPaganism it has a tendancy to be not peaceful (dark Wiccanism) and yes they would be banned. Just like Scientology is banned in Germany

Quote:As far as private sexual deviency, what would you suggest to prevent persons from being blackmailed by corrupt law enforcement?  Or would this be of low concern and tolerated by the monarch?

Well the same way to prevent anyone from being abused by corrupt law enforcement....it's no surprise that people are blackmailed with or without laws they have to go against. Naturally one would have an Internal Affairs to root out corruption, but what you are asking is not a concern for the law....but how to prevent corruption, that is a different matter.

(05-18-2014, 11:40 PM)Silouan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2014, 10:02 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2014, 08:58 PM)Silouan Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this is one of the most terrifying posts I've ever read on a discussion forum and illustrates perfectly why an armed and educated citizenry is so important.

What's so terrifying about it?

and I'm all for education and the right to bear arms.

What happens when your religion is no longer on the approved list? For most of us history begins the day we were born but it has happened to Catholicism numerous times in history. It can and will happen again.

So I guess Germany, South Korea, Indonesia, Greece are all a bunch of barbarians for lacking the absolutist view of religious freedom you desire. As for my religion no longer on the approved list, since this is "my" nation...I wouldn't have to worry about that.

BTW if you take a moment to calm down from your comical hysteria, you'd see I'm not wholly against religious liberty, but I'm not a Freemason, who believes that religious liberty is an absolute right.

(05-19-2014, 10:21 AM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]You're kidding.......................right? 

Do you have anything meaningful to say?

I'm describing my Catholic ideal nation, not a Masonic nation that you would obviously feel more comfortable in, because of their absolutist view on religious freedom.
(05-19-2014, 06:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess Germany, South Korea, Indonesia, Greece are all a bunch of barbarians for lacking the absolutist view of religious freedom you desire. As for my religion no longer on the approved list, since this is "my" nation...I wouldn't have to worry about that.

That's very naive and short sighted. Any mechanism of repression you put in place will eventually be turned against the people it is meant to protect. Maybe not in your lifetime, maybe not for many generations, but it will happen. I do have a question. The Greek Orthodox Church is the official state religion in Greece. Roman Catholics are a small minority. Would you have a problem if the Greek government outlawed the practice of Roman Catholicism?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9