FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Swearing is good for you!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.boston.com/news/odd/2014/05/1...story.html

My initial take was WTF?  No seriously.  I didn't say it out loud if that makes it any better.

Just one more sign of the decay of our society.

And yes, of course it makes you feel better for a microsecond.  It serves the devil well when you swear.  Longer term, it makes you a vulgar person descending into depravity.

Heck, there was even that news report a few months back that the Pope dropped an F-bomb at a Mass, so, swearing is ok, right? (Yes, I know it was a media fabricated story, but still...)

What if you don't swear at people, just as...emphasis in conversation?  :blush:
(05-14-2014, 09:18 AM)Deidre Wrote: [ -> ]What if you don't swear at people, just as...emphasis in conversation?  :blush:

Maybe try to expand your vocabulary instead?  Though that can be problematic when you start using words most people don't understand.  :Hmm:
(05-14-2014, 09:28 AM)Jaegermeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2014, 09:18 AM)Deidre Wrote: [ -> ]What if you don't swear at people, just as...emphasis in conversation?  :blush:

Maybe try to expand your vocabulary instead?  Though that can be problematic when you start using words most people don't understand.  :Hmm:

Ah yes...the K.I.S.S. principle... :LOL:

Sometimes when I explete I obtain an immediate sense of satisfaction and relief.  You know, when I hit my thumb with a hammer and cry out, "Ohhh, golly gosh darn it"!!  :) 
Context is everything (in pain fir example), many Italians, sailors and NYers swear like it's second nature in a way, but I can't stand the folks who are all eff this, eff that every other word.

words have meaning and of course context
              "den of vipers and thieves"

(05-14-2014, 09:28 AM)Jaegermeister Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, I'd say that my vocabulary isn't the problem (I love English). It's probably due to a lack of willpower and the atmosphere of certain conversations. I've noticed that I only do it when I'm talking to certain people, and usually about current events.