FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(05-18-2014, 11:56 AM)puppy99 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is just so sad, I think I am going to lose my faith.

Yes, the hierarchy of the Church is acting more akin to Maoist revolutionaries than to Our Lord's disciples but that does not mean that the Catholic faith is not the true faith.
Puppy99,
The faith is the cure for sadness, not its cause. Also, there are a great many good things happening in the  Church today as well. Maybe you should read a little more of those things, and avoid the bad news for a while. Sometimes looking disproportionately at bad news creates disproportions in our perspective.
It's just because the Roman Catholic Church is the truth church and has the true faith so that she was attacked by the devil.

But I am sad because today if you will insist in the church's tradition, you will be persecuted, or else you are out, like SSPX.
You are absolutely right, puppy99. The only alternatives are for us to abandon the Faith or to walk, heads high, into this postmodern form of being "Confessors." Our brothers and sisters in the Arab world and in India, and Pakistan and Africa are called to be martyrs. In North America and Europe, we are called to be Confessors. Accept your calling now, and the pains will be easier to bear.
But what good are popes and bishops if they do not preach, teach or guard the Faith? Honestly what's the point? We are in a position of having to sometimes defend the Faith against the teachings of the modern Popes and the majority of the episcopate. How twisted and disheartening is that? It's a morale killer when you are trying to uphold something that, apparently the popes and bishops themselves don"t uphold anymore.
(05-18-2014, 09:36 PM)puppy99 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just because the Roman Catholic Church is the truth church and has the true faith so that she was attacked by the devil.

But I am sad because today if you will insist in the church's tradition, you will be persecuted, or else you are out, like SSPX.

There is a great temptation here before us as we look at things with our human eyes and take those eyes off Our Lord and Our Lady.  Discouragement is a tool of the evil one!  Even if we have to endure sufferings, persecution, abuses, etc.....those things borne for the love of God and souls can be meritorious.  No saint had an easy skate!  Think of the hard times in the Church like when there was nepotism, and three popes, or the whole country was leaving the faith...we do not have it that bad, yet. 

Keep your eyes on the Prize!  Receive the Sacraments daily if possible and develop your prayer life deeply.  Our trust is in God and not in man.  Learn from the saints and the true writings of the Church. 

The FI is under attack and that is nothing new.  Our Lady will bring something good from it in due time.  Some cardinals and bishops are spouting off with impunity but this too, and they, shall pass.

It is for us to be faithful, no matter what happens in the Church or the world.
(05-18-2014, 11:56 AM)puppy99 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is just so sad, I think I am going to lose my faith.

Everything is not sad.  Christ will conquer, and the Immaculate Heart will triumph in the end.  In the meantime, we have the tremendous opportunity to fight for their glory in one of the darkest hours of Church history.  I know it may not feel that way, but that truly is a gift, and we should each be trying to make the most of it.

Praying for you.  :pray:
(05-19-2014, 12:40 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]But what good are popes and bishops if they do not preach, teach or guard the Faith? Honestly what's the point? We are in a position of having to sometimes defend the Faith against the teachings of the modern Popes and the majority of the episcopate. How twisted and disheartening is that? It's a morale killer when you are trying to uphold something that, apparently the popes and bishops themselves don"t uphold anymore.

And yet such unfaithful shepherds are not at all unknown to Scripture
(05-20-2014, 04:44 AM)Scotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2014, 12:40 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]But what good are popes and bishops if they do not preach, teach or guard the Faith? Honestly what's the point? We are in a position of having to sometimes defend the Faith against the teachings of the modern Popes and the majority of the episcopate. How twisted and disheartening is that? It's a morale killer when you are trying to uphold something that, apparently the popes and bishops themselves don"t uphold anymore.

And yet such unfaithful shepherds are not at all unknown to Scripture

Not only are they not unknown to Scripture, but they've been with us all throughout the history of the Church.  Yes, it can be a "morale killer", which is making satan quite happy, I'm sure.  Keep your focus on Christ, keep your mind on Christ, keep Christ in your heart, trust in God and His Church, and all will be well in the end.  Simple, eh? :) :grin:  No one said this Christianity business was gonna be a picnic in the park on a lovely, cloudless Spring day.
Somehow I think the level of infidelity to the Faith at the hands of the shepherds is unprecedented in the history of the Church. Vatican II and it's aftermath is something the likes of which have never been seen in the Church. Sure there have been bad shepherds but none so vile as what we have seen today where there has been the systematic attempt to erase the rites, rituals, doctrines and dogmas and even the very mission of the Church and replace them with a this worldly, secular and protestantized counterfeit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9