FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rorate Caeli: Many FI priests petitioning to be relieved of pontifical vows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/05...ancis.html

Quote:Last month, Sandro Magister reported (see here) the personal plea to Pope Francis of a couple, six of whose nine children are members of the Franciscans of the Immaculate (FI).  In response to the couple begging the pope to help, he answered "soon, soon" according to Magister.

Now, multiple sources are telling Rorate that a large number of FI friars -- possibly 100-150 -- are petitioning Rome to be released from their pontifical vows and to be placed under diocesan bishops.

As we have reported from the beginning, the order assigning a commissioner, which has led to the rapid destruction of a growing order that was increasingly attached to Traditional Catholicism, and has led numerous Faithful to lose access to the Traditional Latin Mass, was approved directly by Pope Francis.

We do not know what Pope Francis meant when he told the distressed parents "soon, soon." In Roman time, soon rarely means quickly. Let us pray that soon the Holy Father will end this drastic intervention that he approved and save a beautiful order currently in critical condition.

I have felt many things during the pontificate of Francis – confusion, shock, hurt, anxiety – but this is the first time I have felt real anger towards him. Let us no longer kid ourselves: he knows exactly what is going on and could resolve the whole situation with a few words. The only conclusion I can draw is that he saw this flourishing religious order as a threat to the new orientation in the Church and wanted this threat removed. Hence, the dispatching of Fr Volpi to crush the green shoots of true renewal.
Sadly this will be on his soul when our Lord questions our Papa asking "Why did you take a flourishing order" established by one of the Triumphant...and destroy it, or allowed it to be destroyed.

Pray, we all need to pray for Holy Father  :((
Fortunately, I have never felt anger towards the Pope. I think this is because I was completely honest with myself about how I felt about him from the very beginning. Others compelled by piety to have unconditional affection for him, I suspect, will be more vulnerable to anger or disillusionment. I knew he was modernist all along, so nothing he says or does shocks, hurts, confuses or angers me, because I have come to terms with the truth that not only the Church, but the Papacy has been in crisis since the council. We who have always believed these things were often criticised by those who are now feeling angry, weren't we? I think various 'non-trad' orthodox Catholics are having a very difficult time. All they need remember is that Our Lady of Fatima said the crisis would go all the way to the top.
I did not have much affection for Pope Francis to start with. The initial period of "wait and see" was followed by the succession of hits as I realised that Francis was far more brazenly heterodox than I had feared. 

The anger on my part is due to the immense pain that Francis has caused men and women who have dedicated themselves to God in the heart of the Church. Such pain that they have felt compelled to be asked to be relieved of their pontifical vows. As someone who spent some time contemplating a monastic vocation, I have some understanding of how much is asked of a person who chooses the religious life. To then be treated as a pariah for cleaving to the timeless traditions of Christ's Church by the very man who is meant to uphold them is something that simply appals me.
(05-15-2014, 07:56 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly this will be on his soul when our Lord questions our Papa asking "Why did you take a flourishing order" established by one of the Triumphant...and destroy it, or allowed it to be destroyed.

This.

I truly loved this order and saw it as a model and hope for the Church.

In human terms, I see their persecution as due chiefly to two factors:  (1) they indict the Novus Ordo establishment by their very existence, holiness and success; and (2) because of their fidelity to the Magisterium, they are viewed as something like "near enemies" are in Buddhism -- capable of being easily accepted as real Catholicism and therefore, from these people's perspectives, "masquerading" as true, "liberating," "spirit of Vatican II" religiosity, presenting a lethal threat to them.

The Friars' response?  Our response?  Don't forget the Cross.  The Cross is precisely the one you don't want.  The Cross often involves injustice, being misunderstood, being persecuted, even by the Church.  (St. Pio of Pietreclina.  St. Joan of Arc.)  Don't reject the Cross, people.  Not now.

Put up your swords.
This whole thing reminds me of the struggles of St. Teresa and the early Carmelites. Friars were arrested, nuns were excommunicated en masse, one of her convents was deprived of the Blessed Sacrament... But she said the same thing about crosses. She told her nuns to rejoicewhen they were misunderstood and persecuted, because then they could imitate Our Lord in something.
(05-15-2014, 10:07 AM)Deidre Wrote: [ -> ]This whole thing reminds me of the struggles of St. Teresa and the early Carmelites. Friars were arrested, nuns were excommunicated en masse, one of her convents was deprived of the Blessed Sacrament... But she said the same thing about crosses. She told her nuns to rejoicewhen they were misunderstood and persecuted, because then they could imitate Our Lord in something.

But they were not forced to say Novus Ordo mass or profess fidelity to Vantican II.
(05-15-2014, 07:31 AM)Scotus Wrote: [ -> ]I have felt many things during the pontificate of Francis – confusion, shock, hurt, anxiety – but this is the first time I have felt real anger towards him. Let us no longer kid ourselves: he knows exactly what is going on and could resolve the whole situation with a few words. The only conclusion I can draw is that he saw this flourishing religious order as a threat to the new orientation in the Church and wanted this threat removed. Hence, the dispatching of Fr Volpi to crush the green shoots of true renewal.

I am having the same feeling as you. I am outrageous because of the pope. He is, as per Bishop Fellay, millions of times worse than Pope Benedict XVI, and leading souls to hell.
Dears, can anyone explain to me what's happening? What's the good of it for those priests to be relieved of pontificial vows and become diocesan?
Is it now acceptable on this forum to call the Sovereign Pontiff a heretic?  Must we continue to "wait and see," or are we to call "black" that which is clearly white?  I'm not looking to be provocative, but I just glanced at the forum rules again and they remain the same as they've always been.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9