FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Another Church truly restored from the wreckovation !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

It is not quite done but here, as in a number of places, beauty is being restored.  It also sets the stage for the future ad orientem Masses.  I did not notice a communion rail but that may come as well.  Brick by brick even without promotion from Rome.  The TLM has been unleashed and as Fr. Z. notes, it cannot be stopped.  Renewing the beauty of churches is a fine step in that direction and so very needful.  The Church has always been about the true, the good, and the beautiful.  We respond to beauty: in architecture , in music, in the prayers of the Holy Sacrifice, etc.
I would hope that the Cranmer table had plans to be removed. If not, that's a real shame. I would assume the the 2 electric guitarists who were practicing were meant to play the music during Mass. I know, brick by brick...
(05-18-2014, 11:19 AM)fatiam13 Wrote: [ -> ]I would hope that the Cranmer table had plans to be removed. If not, that's a real shame. I would assume the the 2 electric guitarists who were practicing were meant to play the music during Mass. I know, brick by brick...

That is the greatest thing that puzzles when there is such a wonderful high altar and then they have a free-standing altar that is very underwhelming.  Either say Mass ad orientem (what I prefer) or spend the bucks to build an altar that matches the rest of the Church.  I was in Notre Dame in Paris and you could see this beautiful wooden high altar in the back of the nave among the other splendor, and then there just a plain stone table with a cryptic cross or image in front of it.  It makes no sense.
There will be a Solemn High Mass at this church, Holy Name of Jesus on Saturday, May 31st at 11:00 AM for the Queenship of Our Lady.  Anyone who can should try to make it.  It will be absolutely glorious!