FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How Has This Papacy Affected You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Don't argue for or against the SSPX or sedevacantism in this thread (that stuff is for the one sub-forum only: Diocesan vs SSPX vs Sedevacantism vs Novus Ordo Discussion.)

I selected that I have misgivings...

I actually started out liking Pope Francis very much, but over the past year he has said/done things that are quite concerning to me.  Over the past year I have been learning about/becoming more traditional in my faith as well though (thanks in large part to fish eaters), so that could have something to do with it. 

At the start of his Pontificate I was a bright and shining Novus Ordite flipping through the pages at CAF delightfully towing the line of that wonderfully magical Vatican Council II.

Now I am a contributing member of Fisheaters. Also find myself attending the local Diocesan TLM and fantasizing about traveling the country through the summer (I am a teacher) and hitting as many FSSP/ICKSP with my family I can.

Where I have misgivings it seems to have lead me deeper into my faith so I kind of have to say thank you to the Holy Father for the push in the right direction.
I am ambivalent.

This Papacy doesn't shock me. This is the inevitable Papacy. The logical consequence of the Aggiornamento. I am surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

If anything this papacy is a good thing: Neo-Catholicism thrives in ambiguity, and things are becoming less ambiguous, i.e. we are seeing the New Orientation's true colours (more intensely) through the person of the Holy Father, and this makes people think, they have to face reality. This papacy will convince people of the Crisis, finally.
I am somewhere between neutral and happy, but I voted neutral. There are things the Pope says that challenges me to be a better Christian.. So right now it's still wait and see.
Misgivings. I try to remember to pray for the Holy Father daily.
I do not like his leadership. I think he has wound back the clock 3-4 decades for undoing the damage to the Church that VII did. I'm worried about how his appointments to the College of Cardinals will see things get really out of control in the near future.
Sheer embarrassment. Francis is out of control, from putting a beach ball on an altar, taking pro lifers to task and telling televangelists heretics they are "brother bishops" he's simply about as heterodox and out of control as it gets. At least JPII could write coherent encyclicals with some depth and solid doctrine in spite of his scorched earth ecumania but Francis has yet to do that. Honestly I don't pray for him enough,I struggle with wanting to say I'm in communion with him, as I have a hard time believing he's really Catholic. He's like the embarrassing family member you hope doesn't show up for Christmas dinner for fear of the stupid and offensive things he might say. I'm just praying he decides to step down soon.
(05-21-2014, 11:52 AM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]This Papacy doesn't shock me. This is the inevitable Papacy. The logical consequence of the Aggiornamento. I am surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

If anything this papacy is a good thing: Neo-Catholicism thrives in ambiguity, and things are becoming less ambiguous, i.e. we are seeing the New Orientation's true colours (more intensely) through the person of the Holy Father, and this makes people think, they have to face reality. This papacy will convince people of the Crisis, finally.

This.

My answer:  this papacy has made me a sedevacantist.
I wish the press didn't cling to every single word he says. They didn't do that with JPII or Pope Benedict. It's like they can't wait to twist his words. And yet the liberal Catholics and feminists are already upset with Pope Francis for "not doing enough." Whatever that means.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9