FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate now under the gun: liberal "visitor" now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
These holy and true Brides of Christ are now in the bulls-eye.  May the Immaculate please protect them!.....many of them are in missions under very harsh conditions too but they are there offering their lives and sufferings.

http://pray4thefriars.wordpress.com/2014...immaculate

BREAKING NEWS: Card. João Braz de Aviz sends apostolic visitor to Franciscan Sisters of Immaculate!

[img]http://pray4thefriars.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/a6a7a-francescane20dell.jpg?w=440'Immacolata.jpg[/img]

The Congregation for Religious announced the terrible decision last monday, May 19. The general house located near Frattocchie (Rome area) is now ‘chaired’ by Sr. Fernanda Barbiero – Institute of Teaching Sisters of St. Dorothea. I don’t have exact infos on her stances, but at a first glance and for what I read from her, she seems moderately progressive-leaning. Whilst Sr. Fernanda has just a visiting tenure, it seems she’s been provided with vast power to rule the Order.

[Image: nigeria.jpg]

What’s happening is really unbelievable. The Franciscan Sisters of Immaculate are – if possible – the most similar thing to Heaven you’ll see around: their chants, their faces, inspire peace and desire for holiness. Let’s start praying for them, but let’s consider some  vibrant protests to legitimate authority. The Pope should stop Congregation for Religious causing all this havoc, in order to prevent painful lacerations and confusion in the whole Catholic Church.

[Image: fsi_novice2.jpg]
How much power does the Apostolic Visitor have, other than correcting legitimate abuses?
This is irrefutable evidence that it is not possible to be Traditional in a neo-Catholic framework. There is no such possibility of a 'New Liturgical Movement' or a 'Hermeneutic of Reform in Continuity. These are self-contradictory ideas.

The original accusation of 'crypto-Lefebvrianism'  was used to justify this persecution. This has proven itself to be unfounded: for if there really were 'Lefebvrian' elements, how come not one member of the order has 'gone over' to the SSPX (that we know of)?
(05-21-2014, 04:36 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]This is irrefutable evidence that it is not possible to be Traditional in a neo-Catholic framework. There is no such possibility of a 'New Liturgical Movement' or a 'Hermeneutic of Reform in Continuity. These are self-contradictory ideas.

The original accusation of 'crypto-Lefebvrianism'  was used to justify this persecution. This has proven itself to be unfounded: for if there really were 'Lefebvrian' elements, how come not one member of the order has 'gone over' to the SSPX (that we know of)?

Indeed, the whole notion of a "hermeneutic of reform in continuity" is untenable. The Church has jettisoned it's theology, it's rituals, it's language and even it's all encompassing worldview since the Council and groups such as the FFI who try to stick to the old ways simply don't fit in. As groups like the FFI grow while the ones that follow the post conciliar framework and "hermeneutic" shrink and die off it's an embarrassment to the "party line" about how glorious the "new springtime" has been. Francis certainly has the power to put a stop to this madness but he thus far has done nothing. And please, don't tell me he is oblivious to the plight of this religious order!  It makes me wonder whether the Benedictines in Norcia,the traditional Carmelites in Wyoming or the FSSP might all have their days numbered as well. Right now in this ecclesiastical climate I think it's perfectly  acceptable to operate outside diocesan structures; it might be the only thing that keeps you from being poisoned by heresy and destroyed  by heretic bishops with an axe to grind. Eventually things will get better in the Church but for now traditional Catholics are like illegal aliens working in Tyson chicken plant, constantly wondering when the Feds are going to raid and round em up.
This reminds me when the LCWR was sent to be investigated. The visitor was met with hard-heartedness and a cool welcome. I can guarantee you that these sisters will embrace the visitor, be it liberal or conservative, anti-Catholic catholic or High-Church minded, with a warm and heavenly greeting. Their reception alone will vouch for the goodness that these sisters have, and I know that not a single one is without the joy and grace that comes from their wonderful vocation and service to God and his Blessed Mother.
I'm disgusted. Actually I am applying for this lovely congregation.

This is outrageous, can the pope still allow us to live in this world? What dose he want?

I think those liberal commissioners and visitors are just jealous because FI family is flooded with vocations while their convents and seminaries are empty. That's exactly what happened to SSPX 40 years ago!

As long as they could attain the ideology that Vantican is "not bad, but so good. It is not only good, but only too good." such kind of communism ideology, they wouldn't mind if they empty all the seminaries and convents in the world. Even when they are dying out, they do not care what kind of status the church is now in!

I am sorry for being such emotional, but too many things happening under the current pontificate is just irritating!  >sad
It's really about waiting and seeing at this point. The modernist heretics have a few more decades of being a majority in the episcopate and in other places of power in the post conciliar Church but they have not been able to attract new vocations and new recruits and so they will soon rot in their coffins here and rot in Hell in the next life for trying to destroy the Church. They cannot remain in power forever. Vatican II and it's bitter, rotten, worm-eaten "fruits" will in the future be a footnote in history, a sad era marked by apostasy from the top down that took over a hundred years to disappear but finally mercifully did. Whether the FFI survives this purge or not is up in the air though. Rest assured their will be other traditional congregations that will come.
This is what cannot be tolerated by modernists:

I pray they will continue and endure this cross.

C.
"Venerable" Paul VI described it best:  "Auto-demolition!  Pass the dynamite, please."

[Image: ruins-of-glastonbury.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3