FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: In The Heart of Every Traditionalist Lies A Schismatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

From National Catholic Register:

In The Heart of Every Traditionalist Lies A Schismatic
by Pat Archbold Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:44 AM

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

When it comes to traditionalists in the Church, the hits just keep on coming. We have now the regretful news that the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate will join their brethren in the deepest fog and fire of purgatory.

The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate have suffered under the draconian rule of of their imposed commissioner under the direction of His Eminence João Braz de Aviz Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life for the crime of crypto-lefebvrianism and justified by supposed internal dissent.

I regret to hear the news that that Cardinal Braz de Aviz has now placed under visitation the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate. Although, with no clear signs of internal dissent, one can assume that merely crypto-lefebvrianism is again the grounds for indictment.

I have detailed the disproportionate and draconian penalties imposed on the friars, so I will not detail them again.

I have suspected for some time that at the root of this ecclesiastical McCarthyism lies the deep suspicion of the Congregation that in the heart of every traditionalist lies a schismatic in pretend communion. I think this is amply demonstrated by Commissioner Fr. Volpi's public letter in which he described the reason for the visitation as a "crypto-lefebvrian and definitely traditionalist drift."

So sure are the Order's inquisitors of the schism in the hearts of traditionalists that any measure, no matter how disproportionate, that might drive these hidden schismatics into the open is justified.

So it is that I have suspected that the penalties imposed on the FFI are designed to do exactly that, to drive some portion of the FI, no matter how small, into the arms of the SSPX so that their suspicions and actions will seem justified. See!! We told you so!! I see now that Roberto de Mattei has the same suspicion.

So far, the FI have thwarted these plans by remaining faithful and obedient, which I suppose shows how nefarious is their crypto intent. Word came this past week that some significant portion of the Friars have petitioned Rome to be released from their pontifical vows and to be placed under diocesan bishops. Dang it, why won't these schismatics just schism already?

Since it seems that the Friars will not be pushed into disobedience or schism, a fresh new class of crypto-lefebvrians is needed to keep the campaign afloat. Now it is the Sister's turn. I fully expect a similar failure.

I suspect in the end, as the FI and other traditionalists have been sold to the Egyptians and their colored cloak soaked in blood as proof of their demise, one day the Church will be very thankful that these traditionalists endured and preserved treasure for use during the famine.

This is all so sad.  But many saints were wronged during their lives for living the truth and bore it gracefully.  I have a feeling that if the Franciscan sisters do the same, they will be great saints.
Author forgot "Pelagian".
I think I have been totally driven into schismatic due to this persecution storm on Franciscan of the Immaculate.

That's what the Novus Ordo church did to destroy a thriving traditional order, most disgusting and not understandable.

This is annoying, to say the least.  Huh?

(05-27-2014, 04:10 AM)puppy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have been totally driven into schismatic due to this persecution storm on Franciscan of the Immaculate.

That's what the Novus Ordo church did to destroy a thriving traditional order, most disgusting and not understandable.

My goodness, if this little bit of intrigue drives you into schism I'd hate to see how you'd have reacted to the actions of the hierarchy in the AD 900s or late 1400s. I honestly mean no disrespect, but please have courage and faith. The Church does not defect because of bad bishops. Any Catholic who is driven into schism by this (admittedly problematic) news already wanted to be a schismatic, as far as I'm concerned.

The "Novus Ordo" Church is not somehow revealed by the petty actions of a single liberal bishop or a bad pope. Let not your heart be troubled! sad
(05-27-2014, 06:21 AM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]This is annoying, to say the least.  Huh?

(05-27-2014, 04:10 AM)puppy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have been totally driven into schismatic due to this persecution storm on Franciscan of the Immaculate.

My goodness, if this little bit of intrigue drives you into schism I'd hate to see how you'd have reacted to the actions of the hierarchy in the AD 900s or late 1400s. I honestly mean no disrespect, but please have courage and faith. The Church does not defect because of bad bishops. Any Catholic who is driven into schism by this (admittedly problematic) news already wanted to be a schismatic, as far as I'm concerned.

The "Novus Ordo" Church is not somehow revealed by the petty actions of a single liberal bishop or a bad pope. Let not your heart be troubled! sad

Thanks for your concern. Actually we are just frogs living in warm water. May be it's just because we are not FI friar or sister or MIM today.

It can happen with FI today, and tomorrow it can happen to FSSP, Christ the King, the Most Holy Redeemer...
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

What schism is that?
Who are the real schismatics, the post Vatican II hierarchy who rub shoulders with everyone from Evangelicals to Buddhists and who have used their authority to foist a phony new ecumenical religion on Catholics or folks like the FFI who.simply want to live and pray and holds onto the doctrines,dogmas, theology and traditions of Latin Rite Catholicism before the Council? If neo pagan feminist nuns can walk labyrinths while chanting to Gaia and be in "full communion" than so should the FFI be allowed to "do their thing" too. What the modern episcopate (and the world they grovel in front of) don't want is the old time religion and what it represents. They know that traditional Catholicism comes with dogmas,doctrine and theology that is no longer wanted, that is terribly offensive to the ecumenical new ecclesiology and worldview. They know that the old ways are terribly clear and leave little room for modernist academic ambiguity to hide. They can't abide that which is why they persecute the FFI and why they very well might persecute any other traditional order too. I also tend to think the FFI if on the chopping block because they are a missionary order that seeks to CONVERT people to Catholicism, not just "bear witness" and help men find Christ in Islam,animism or whatever they way many post Vatican II "missionary" orders have done. The modern Church is.embarrassed and ashamed of the very idea of evangelization and even when they use that word they mean something totally different by it than did the pre conciliar Catholic.
Dear formerbuddist,

Thanks for your wonderful comment!  Applause Way to go!
Pages: 1 2