FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Francis already has retirement home ready in Buenos Aires!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-ak...-things-to

interview Wrote:You have a room reserved in a retirement home in Buenos Aires.

Yes, it’s a retirement house for elderly priests. I was leaving the archdiocese at the end of last year and had already submitted my resignation to Benedict XVI when I turned 75. I chose a room and said, “I want to come to live here.” I will work as a priest, helping the parishes. This is what was going to be my future before being Pope.

Bl. Anna Maria Taigi Wrote:Religion shall be persecuted, and priests massacred. Churches shall be closed, but only for a short time. The Holy Father shall be obliged to leave Rome. … France shall fall into a frightful anarchy.…
(France is indeed approaching complete anarchy.)

Bl. Anne Katherine Emmerich Wrote:The Church is in great danger. We must pray so that the Pope may not leave Rome; count-less evils would result if he did. They are now demanding something from him. The Protestant doctrine and that of the schismatic Greeks are to spread everywhere. I now see that in this place (Rome) the (Catholic) Church is being so cleverly undermined, that there hardly remain a hundred or so priests who have not been deceived. They all work for destruction,even the clergy. A great devastation is now near at hand.

Bl. Anne Katherine Emmerich Wrote:The ecclesiastics in the inner circle looked insincere and lacking in zeal; I did not like them. I told the Pope of the bishops who are to be appointed soon. I told him also that he must not leave Rome. If he did so, it would be chaos. He thought that the evil was inevitable and that he should leave in order to save many things beside himself. He was very much inclined to leave Rome, and he was insistently urged to do so. The Pope is still attached to the things of this earth in many ways.

And of course the "two popes" prophecy also mentions Rome being infested with heretics (who will drive out pope):
Bl. Anne Katherine Emmerich Wrote:¶ 53.1 May 13, 1820. I saw also the relationship between the two popes…I saw how baleful would be the consequences of this false church. I saw it increase in size; heretics of every kind came into the city (of Rome). The local clergy grew lukewarm, and I saw a great darkness…Then, the vision seemed to extend on every side. Whole Catholic communities were being oppressed, harassed, confined, and deprived of their freedom. I saw many churches close down, great miseries everywhere, wars and bloodshed. A wild and ignorant mob took to violent action. But it did not last long.

¶53.2 Once more I saw that the Church of Peter was undermined by a plan evolved by the secret sect, while storms were damaging it. But I saw also that help was coming when distress had reached its peak. I saw again the Blessed Virgin ascend on the Church and spread her mantle [over it]. I saw a Pope who was at once gentle, and very firm… I saw a great renewal, and the Church rose high in the sky.
I believe Hal Lindsey and Jack van Impe also like to take current events and haphazardly place them over vague prophecies until they fit.  Perhaps you should contact EWTN and give them your ideas for a show.
(06-14-2014, 07:29 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Hal Lindsey and Jack van Impe also like to take current events and haphazardly place them over vague prophecies until they fit.  Perhaps you should contact EWTN and give them your ideas for a show.
I'm not necessarily saying these prophecies apply to current events. I only put them there to underscore the necessity for a pope to stay in Rome.
(06-13-2014, 10:28 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-ak...-things-to

[quote='interview']You have a room reserved in a retirement home in Buenos Aires.

Yes, it’s a retirement house for elderly priests. I was leaving the archdiocese at the end of last year and had already submitted my resignation to Benedict XVI when I turned 75. I chose a room and said, “I want to come to live here.” I will work as a priest, helping the parishes. This is what was going to be my future before being Pope.

"This WAS going to be my future." It doesn't indicate that he plans on using it now that he's Pope.

He and Benedict XVI should be together in the same retirement home. They could play bingo together in the day room and drive out in Francis' Renault at 4:30 to check out the Early Bird Specials on the Via Veneto. Maybe there's an Italian equivalent of the retirees gambling tour buses to Atlantic City so they could work the slots at Monaco...  :grin:
(06-14-2014, 12:26 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not necessarily saying these prophecies apply to current events. I only put them there to underscore the necessity for a pope to stay in Rome.

The Pope was in Antioch and Avignon for a time...what does it matter if he is not in Rome again?
(06-14-2014, 08:14 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope was in Antioch and Avignon for a time...what does it matter if he is not in Rome again?
And that was disastrous for the Church.

Read St. Catherine of Siena's beautiful letters, like this one, calling the pope to return to Rome.
(06-14-2014, 07:58 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]

He and Benedict XVI should be together in the same retirement home. They could play bingo together in the day room and drive out in Francis' Renault at 4:30 to check out the Early Bird Specials on the Via Veneto. Maybe there's an Italian equivalent of the retirees gambling tour buses to Atlantic City so they could work the slots at Monaco...  :grin:

I thought you were bright enough not to resort to sneering put-downs like this.
The Popes did leave Rome for 59 years (from 1870 until 1929) less than a century after those prophecies were made and the events leading to it were building at that time. It was part of the Liberal unification of Italy, which was heavily influenced by Freemasonry.  The Papal States stood in the way of unification and when they were conquered, the Popes refused to re-enter Rome so as not to recognize the new government or give the impression that the government of the universal Church was influenced by another temporal government.

The false church described is likely the masonic lodge there that helped undermine the papacy to bring about the desired unification. Victor Emmanuel II displaced the Pope as the new king in Rome, which is probably the reference to the parallel Pope (the role of king of Rome and Pope had been identified as one for many centuries prior).

The persecution of Catholics, closing of churches, and chaos in France could also describe a great many events during this same time period.  It all fits too well then to try and shoehorn them into events a century or two later, especially with the sense of urgency in the prophecies and who they were directed to.

Anyway, presumably, if the Pope retired to Argentina, he would resign the papacy like his predecessor did.  If that is the case, we wouldn't have a Pope permanently residing in Argentina.
(06-15-2014, 11:17 PM)triumphguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2014, 07:58 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought you were bright enough not to resort to sneering put-downs like this.

I must agree that that was, shall we say, uncalled for. 
Pages: 1 2