FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican Website Censored By School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

From the Catholic League:

Vatican Website Censored By School
June 18, 2014

Bill Donohue comments on news stories claiming that a Connecticut high school has censored the Vatican website:

Nonnewaug High School in Woodbury, Connecticut has allegedly implemented a firewall blocking some websites it deems are "politically oriented." Among those that are blocked is the Vatican's website. Also blocked are the websites of the National Right to Life, National Rifle Association, Christianity.com, and many others. Websites that are not blocked, apparently because they are not "politically oriented," include [html] Islam-guide.com[/html], Planned Parenthood, and lgbtqnation.com.

According to a complaining student, Andrew Lampart, a senior, he was told by Jody Ian Goeler, the Superintendent of Schools, that it was necessary to block certain websites in order to "prevent hate-speech from leeching into the school." Lampart took his complaint to the Board of Education on Monday, and was told that his concerns merit a probe.

I just emailed Superintendent Goeler the following letter:[html]
Quote: "It is alleged that you support censoring students at Nonnewaug High School from accessing the Vatican's website on the grounds that it promotes 'hate speech.' Would you please identify examples of 'hate speech' found on the Vatican's website?"
[/html] Perhaps others would like to do the same. This is not the last word on this issue. Trust me.

Contact Goeler: jgoeler@ctreg14.org

How sad...
(06-18-2014, 08:03 PM)CatholicSteve21 Wrote: [ -> ]How sad...

Just kinda goes on and on and on, don't it? Another day, another kick to the head...

(06-18-2014, 08:26 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]

Just kinda goes on and on and on, don't it? Another day, another kick to the head...

Makes you sick.
(06-18-2014, 08:26 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]

Sadly so, and its just going to get worse and worse till our faith is eventually outlawed.

Pax

It is just setting the stage in preparations for the persecutions...

I prophesy that their will be a schism in the Church, the liberals will take complete control of the institution and the true Catholics will be marginalized.

The liberals will make peace with the world and the true Catholics will be eventually harassed to the point that they are so few in number that they are perceived as crazy religious zealots full of hate.

They will live in small communities that will eventually be raided by the FBI.

All this can be avoided however if we ever get a traditional pope, he issues a new syllabus of modern errors, clarifies VII and reunites with the SSPX and begins a true restoration, beginning with liturgy and restating doctrine.
(06-19-2014, 10:46 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]It is just setting the stage in preparations for the persecutions...

I prophesy that their will be a schism in the Church, the liberals will take complete control of the institution and the true Catholics will be marginalized.

The liberals will make peace with the world and the true Catholics will be eventually harassed to the point that they are so few in number that they are perceived as crazy religious zealots full of hate.

All this can be avoided however if we ever get a traditional pope, he issues a new syllabus of modern errors, clarifies VII and reunites with the SSPX and begins a true restoration, beginning with liturgy and restating doctrine.

What, VII needs "clarification"?!?!?  Why not just dismantle the whole damn thing?  I mean, was there something *lacking* in the Catholic faith, in our dogma and doctrine prior to 1960?

Oh, yeah...you left out the consecration of Russia by our future traditional Pope.

Nothing personal, you understand, but I truly hope you are a rotten "prophet".  I fear, however, that you may not be.
(06-19-2014, 01:02 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2014, 10:46 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]It is just setting the stage in preparations for the persecutions...

What, VII needs "clarification"?!?!?  Why not just dismantle the whole damn thing?  I mean, was there something *lacking* in the Catholic faith, in our dogma and doctrine prior to 1960?

Oh, yeah...you left out the consecration of Russia by our future traditional Pope.

Nothing personal, you understand, but I truly hope you are a rotten "prophet".  I fear, however, that you may not be.

Vatican II already happened, its, as they say, water under the bridge. I don't even think that letting time do its thing will solve the problem of VII: there will always be this aura surrounding the Council that will enable people do anything they want, or that will scare others.

The only solution would be if people just stop reading the thing as heretics, or without charity, assuming the worst.
But of course, being sensible is just too much to ask people – unless a new dark age comes, everybody stops reading, and we get new guys like Benedict, Boethius, Cassiodorus, etc., that will eventually build everything up again.

So, I think we'll just have to carry on without much hope of things turning our way.
(06-19-2014, 01:27 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2014, 01:02 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]

Vatican II already happened, its, as they say, water under the bridge. I don't even think that letting time do its thing will solve the problem of VII: there will always be this aura surrounding the Council that will enable people do anything they want, or that will scare others.

The only solution would be if people just stop reading the thing as heretics, or without charity, assuming the worst.
But of course, being sensible is just too much to ask people – unless a new dark age comes, everybody stops reading, and we get new guys like Benedict, Boethius, Cassiodorus, etc., that will eventually build everything up again.

So, I think we'll just have to carry on without much hope of things turning our way.

Well, as the saying goes, "Hope springs eternal" :).  Hope is one thing, expectation quite another, eh?

Perhaps a "new dark ages" is what we deserve.  We may well get, too...