FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ecumenical encounter in Ukraine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just saw this on a blog. The title was “A warm ecumenical encounter”. Apparently some Catholics or Orthodox (don't know) in a procession meet with some Seven Day Adventists.
I must say, I have some ambiguous feelings about this. I feel kinda bad for the Adventists.

I loved it. Wish our Catholics had a similar set of cajones. Really liked the bucket of Holy Water being applied to these folks.  :LOL:
01:51
[Image: rembrandt-van-rijn-christ-driving-the-mo...temple.jpg]
The priests who did this got in trouble with their bishops.
http://orthocath.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...dventists/
(07-01-2014, 06:59 PM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]I loved it. Wish our Catholics had a similar set of cajones. Really liked the bucket of Holy Water being applied to these folks.  :LOL:
Catholics don't need buckets because we have water guns!
[Image: f14dc_Superhero-Mass-of-Kids-09-634x422-620x412.jpeg]
ecumenism, ukrainian style, I must say while I find the bucket throwing and table flipping to be a tad extreme, I think sprinkling them with holy water and engaging in debate with them would have suffice.  It is go to see a little virility.
I just saw up to the part where the Orthodox priests knocked over the SDA pamphlet table. Wow! I'm afraid you'd never get away with it here in the US or in Canada.

Incredible!
(07-01-2014, 06:59 PM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]I loved it. Wish our Catholics had a similar set of cajones. Really liked the bucket of Holy Water being applied to these folks.  :LOL:

I think it's sick and sad and extremely unlikely to entice these people to re-think their position on the Orthodox Church. If his purpose is to bring souls to the Sacraments, the priest failed. We don't need Catholics acting like that at all.

Hmmmm... you think they (the SDA's )will ever apologize for calling  our Pope the "Antichrist" and our Holy Catholic  Church  the "Whore of Babylon?

(07-02-2014, 07:46 AM)Qoheleth Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmmm... you think they (the SDA's )will ever apologize for calling  our Pope the "Antichrist" and our Holy Catholic  Church  the "Whore of Babylon?

Good point. Knowing the Adventists they might have been taunting the priests though that isn't clear. However, this is kind of tame for ecumenical encounters in the Ukraine.
Oftentimes blood is shed and property seized.

C.
Pages: 1 2