FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: so..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-04-2014, 12:41 AM)GodFirst Wrote: [ -> ]is this forum good for anything because lately I have seriously been questioning the whole possibly of marriage in traddom for 20 and 30-somethings?

We've had a good number of marriages come out of this forum.

(07-11-2014, 06:40 PM)Dirigible Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2014, 06:06 PM)Andùril Wrote: [ -> ]That's the problem with conservatives in general. They can't seem to agree and unite as well as liberals do...

It's because we think this way precisely because we're independently coming to our own conclusions. If we were hive-mind thinkers, we'd all be liberals. So the result is, we all have unique opinions and organising us is like herding cats.
Even cats are closer to each other then we trads are.
(07-12-2014, 02:08 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2014, 12:41 AM)GodFirst Wrote: [ -> ]is this forum good for anything because lately I have seriously been questioning the whole possibly of marriage in traddom for 20 and 30-somethings?

We've had a good number of marriages come out of this forum.

Yes, I'm just so sad and so lonely it's depressing.
How does one set up a page on here?  I've been to CatholicMatch and OKCupid.  Catholic Match removed my account because I use heavy duty security measures on my browser, and their protocols didn't like it that they couldn't verify my identity.  They asked for my drivers' license, which I felt uncomfortable giving out.  I'm not going back there.  OKCupid felt very uncomfortable to me personally and possibly dangerous because there are some really screwed up people on there.  So I'm not going back there either.

I would try to hang out at Catholic young adult groups locally, but every time I do, I feel uncomfortable in the inevitably hipster atmosphere.

Why do all contemporary Catholic events involving literally anyone under 50 years of age (sometimes even older) have to be about promoting hipsteria?
(07-07-2014, 02:05 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Women ain't nothing but trouble no matter if they are traditional or not.

Amen to that brother!

(07-07-2014, 02:07 PM)Andùril Wrote: [ -> ]When you say most trad girls seem too serious, what do you mean? I know that most trad men seem too closed-off from the world. I once knew a guy who wouldn't listen to any kind of music that had lyrics. It was only instrumental stuff for him...

But you know, as men, you have a much better chance when it comes to marriage with non-trads. Usually, I do believe women are more inclined to follow their husband. So you can actually hope to find a wife that will be willing to look up to you and learn from you. But when you're a woman, and you want to convert your husband, it's harder. Because if you're the one acting as a teacher, you can't have that admiration and respect you're supposed to have towards your husband, whom you should normally see as a (spiritual) leader. It's what I think, anyway.

Really?!?!?!?!? Good luck trying to tell your non-trad wife you don't think she should use birth control and go the NFP route! That will go over REAL big in today's "rah rah career girl" atmosphere. You have heard of the "war on women" being raged by us straight, white, practicing Catholic guys right? The last thing today's women want is to "look up to a man." I think many of today's women have bigger egos than their great great great great grandads did and following men is the last thing on their "maybe never" list.

I think you greatly underestimate the power of influence women have. Most women can reduce most men to a drooling idiot without even saying a word. Look at the liberal men out there. Liberal women say jump and they say "how high to 1,000,000th place and should I bow on the way down?"
(07-14-2014, 12:23 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2014, 02:05 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Women ain't nothing but trouble no matter if they are traditional or not.

Amen to that brother!

(07-07-2014, 02:07 PM)Andùril Wrote: [ -> ]When you say most trad girls seem too serious, what do you mean? I know that most trad men seem too closed-off from the world. I once knew a guy who wouldn't listen to any kind of music that had lyrics. It was only instrumental stuff for him...

But you know, as men, you have a much better chance when it comes to marriage with non-trads. Usually, I do believe women are more inclined to follow their husband. So you can actually hope to find a wife that will be willing to look up to you and learn from you. But when you're a woman, and you want to convert your husband, it's harder. Because if you're the one acting as a teacher, you can't have that admiration and respect you're supposed to have towards your husband, whom you should normally see as a (spiritual) leader. It's what I think, anyway.

Really?!?!?!?!? Good luck trying to tell your non-trad wife you don't think she should use birth control and go the NFP route! That will go over REAL big in today's "rah rah career girl" atmosphere. You have heard of the "war on women" being raged by us straight, white, practicing Catholic guys right? The last thing today's women want is to "look up to a man." I think many of today's women have bigger egos than their great great great great grandads did and following men is the last thing on their "maybe never" list.

I think you greatly underestimate the power of influence women have. Most women can reduce most men to a drooling idiot without even saying a word. Look at the liberal men out there. Liberal women say jump and they say "how high to 1,000,000th place and should I bow on the way down?"

you'd be surprised

women naturally want to be led by a man.  Feminism has dirtied the common intellect and encourages women to fight what is natural.  despite all that, my wife always looked up to me and followed my lead, and that was before either of us had conversions.

Ugh--
What I have found is that most guys (Catholic or non-Catholic) aren't all that interested in an insta-family (I have a 10 year old daughter), or if they don't mind the insta-family, they think that bc you already have a child that you are amiable to certain activities (again, Catholic and non-Catholic).

Attracting trad men when you have a child and are annulled is even harder. 

AAAAAAND if you do find one that doesn't mind that you have a child, that you are annulled, and that you have a colourful past-- he's no where local, which leads to even bigger problems.

OH! And let's add to that that he wants more children with you, agrees that you do in fact have a vocation to be a SAHM, and has the type of employment that would allow for the rapid expansion of your family-- he's STILL NOT LOCAL.  Which, because you have a child with another man, makes life pretty much difficult and in the end, incredibly disappointing.

Sorry---- still smarting from a break-up
(07-14-2014, 01:30 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]you'd be surprised

women naturally want to be led by a man.  Feminism has dirtied the common intellect and encourages women to fight what is natural.  despite all that, my wife always looked up to me and followed my lead, and that was before either of us had conversions.

Chester, I truly believe you got VERY VERY VERY blessed in finding a spouse. The problem however is that your wife sounds more like an exception than a rule. Your wife's awesomeness does not, IMO, come preinstalled on all models of Woman 2.0.14.

The problem with "what is natural" is often gets buried so deep it would take a mass miracle for people to find it. Most people however lack the desire to dig a hole that deep especially when they are already empty inside.

(07-14-2014, 04:23 AM)PatienceAndLove Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh--
What I have found is that most guys (Catholic or non-Catholic) aren't all that interested in an insta-family (I have a 10 year old daughter), or if they don't mind the insta-family, they think that bc you already have a child that you are amiable to certain activities (again, Catholic and non-Catholic).

AAAAAAND if you do find one that doesn't mind that you have a child, that you are annulled, and that you have a colourful past-- he's no where local, which leads to even bigger problems.

OH! And let's add to that that he wants more children with you, agrees that you do in fact have a vocation to be a SAHM, and has the type of employment that would allow for the rapid expansion of your family-- he's STILL NOT LOCAL.  Which, because you have a child with another man, makes life pretty much difficult and in the end, incredibly disappointing.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? I think most guys would leap at the opportunity to have a SAHW. No guy wants to come home to an empty house or a wife made angry by her unappreciative coworkers / boss.
(07-14-2014, 11:08 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2014, 04:23 AM)PatienceAndLove Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh--

What exactly is that supposed to mean? I think most guys would leap at the opportunity to have a SAHW. No guy wants to come home to an empty house or a wife made angry by her unappreciative coworkers / boss.

If you are referring to the bold, it means participating ins sexual activities of many stripes.

You would be surprised at the number of guys NOT wanting a SAHM. It falls into the "being lazy" category.  These men would rather have someone they can bitch with about work.  Basically, they want a guy friend they can screw whenever they want.  Dating sucks.
(07-14-2014, 12:32 PM)PatienceAndLove Wrote: [ -> ]If you are referring to the bold, it means participating ins sexual activities of many stripes.

You would be surprised at the number of guys NOT wanting a SAHM. It falls into the "being lazy" category.  These men would rather have someone they can bitch with about work.  Basically, they want a guy friend they can screw whenever they want.  Dating sucks.

Yes, the bold. Although, I think that's true of people whether they have kids or not. Too many people (men AND women) see sex as a power conquest so the more the merrier in their view. Empty people will look for any easily accessible drug to numb their disappoint and many use sex for that purpose.

If that's true of guys it's because feminists influenced them as such. Feminism is about elitist women looking for a way to stick it to elitist men by "rallying their troops." Sadly, many women (and men) buy their BS and to avoid feminist wrath acquiesce into their harpy-written philosophies. Ask men 50+ whether they want a working wife or SAHW and you'd see a stark difference. A SAHW is worth her weight in gold.

Feminist-influenced men just don't want their sex cut off so they gravel to score a few points by their "woman power" bologna. Case in point (https://shine.yahoo.com/team-mom/-femini...33847.html). I'd like to know what dear old feminist dad would do if dear old daughter came home, told him to get out the house for the weekend, and invite 50 guys over to have a sexual escapade with. After all, she makes the rules right? This is why feminism and men are NOT compatible and never will be. Feminism pontificates from the position that men are just resources to be exploited liberally and women are supreme. They will swear up and down that this isn't so, but have they ever DONE anything to suggest otherwise? Nope! I bet this guy was trying to score points with the ladies for his own image. Or maybe his wife threaten him if he didn't do it.....who knows?
Pages: 1 2 3 4