FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Incorrupt Saints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-08-2014, 08:11 AM)Oldavid Wrote: [ -> ]Here are some more; although it seems to me that some of the most pertinent and contemporary do not appear. For example St Pius X.

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/libr...orrupt.htm

This page lists St. Silvan, the classic example of a wax figure being purported as an incorrupt saint to make us Catholics look ignorant and superstitious.  His wax reliquary even has a wound on the neck; come on.
Lee Wrote:This page lists St. Silvan, the classic example of a wax figure being purported as an incorrupt saint to make us Catholics look ignorant and superstitious.  His wax reliquary even has a wound on the neck; come on.
I wasn't aware that the S Silvan representation was a wax figure.

Some of these picture galleries are a little, shall we say, indiscrete in their claims. One site depicted John XXIII as "incorrupt" even though he is known to have been pickled in the best preservatives known at the time and "triple sealed" in an inert atmosphere. I protested to the 'site manager about that, of course, but I don't know what came of it.

What is, perhaps, even more astonishing is reports of only body parts being preserved, as in the body went the way of all flesh except maybe the heart, or tongue etc. One instance I recall having heard is Jacinta Marto (of Fatima fame)... only her little head and face is preserved.

Can any of you clever, knowledgeable folk "out there" confirm any of these instances or am I just remembering unsubstantiable anecdotes?
Pages: 1 2