FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Neo-Catholic Mark Shea to advise Pope Francis for October Synod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The aggressively anti-Traditionalist and founder of Catholic Answers, Mark Shea, a fundamentalist neo-conservative Catholic, is to advise Pope Francis for the Synod for the Family in October.

http://freshroadapples.blogspot.co.uk/20...-from.html

CORRECTION: It has been brought to my attention that Karl Keating, not Mark Shea, is in fact the founder of Catholic Answers. It's an easy mistake to make, all these American neo-Catholic apologists sound exactly the same.
(07-08-2014, 11:00 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]The aggressively anti-Traditionalist and founder of Catholic Answers, Mark Shea, a fundamentalist neo-conservative Catholic, is to advise Pope Francis for the Synod for the Family in October.

http://freshroadapples.blogspot.co.uk/20...-from.html

MI, Karl Keating is the founder of CA.

Either way neither KK nor MS advising the Pope would have any positive impact for traditionalists. If this story is true then I would pay even less attention to Pope Francis.

Just keep praying your Rosary and leave the Pope and the Synod to the Holy Ghost.
I would suggest looking up "irony" in the dictionary and then reading the article (and the others on that website) again.
I do not believe Mr. Shea is Catholic.
What, precisely, are Mr Shea's apparent beliefs? Does he seem like a fundamentalist Protestant claiming to be a Catholic?
(07-09-2014, 09:19 AM)Dirigible Wrote: [ -> ]What, precisely, are Mr Shea's apparent beliefs? Does he seem like a fundamentalist Protestant claiming to be a Catholic?

It's not so much what he believes he is one of those that refuses to say anything critical of the papacy or the bishops even when they are I obviously doing something wrong. So in short he is a carrier Catholic who will not bite the hand that feeds him.
In some ways I think Mr. Shea and the whole Novus Ordo establishment are part of what might be called a "mainline protestant ordinariate". The Church since Vatican II has basically relegated the Latin Rite to an outlaw ghetto and created a liturgy and an ecclesiastical culture reminiscent of mainline protestantism acceptable to men like Mark Shea. In this protestant ordinariate there is a need for spokesman and advisors. Francis has already been "blessed" by protestants, has called protestant televangelists "brother bishops"and shown himself a huge fan of charismatic "catholicism" so why not ask Mark Shea for advice?
I hope you guys realize that site is for joke articles--it's not real.  The name of the blog alone should give that away.
(07-09-2014, 09:49 AM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you guys realize that site is for joke articles--it's not real.  The name of the blog alone should give that away.

Shh, it's still an opportunity for complaining about Mark Shea.  :grin:
(07-09-2014, 09:35 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]In some ways I think Mr. Shea and the whole Novus Ordo establishment are part of what might be called a "mainline protestant ordinariate". The Church since Vatican II has basically relegated the Latin Rite to an outlaw ghetto and created a liturgy and an ecclesiastical culture reminiscent of mainline protestantism acceptable to men like Mark Shea. In this protestant ordinariate there is a need for spokesman and advisors. Francis has already been "blessed" by protestants, has called protestant televangelists "brother bishops"and shown himself a huge fan of charismatic "catholicism" so why not ask Mark Shea for advice?

Not really an accurate assessment of Mr. Shea's theology.
Pages: 1 2