FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: On Francis: "They say he’s being unclear, but we know exactly what he means.”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From Rorate Caeli - alas what I've felt for a long time now ...

For the Record: The Essential Rule of Interpretation of Pope Francis

We had missed the chance to quote this when it first appeared in The Atlantic a couple of months ago, so we post it here for future reference -- since, despite its immense relevance, for the present and for future historians, it is buried deep inside a very extensive article on Benedict XVI.

“Francis knows exactly how power is spelled,” says Bernd Hagenkord, a Jesuit who is in charge of German programming for Vatican Radio. “He’s a communicator in the league with Mother Teresa and the Dalai Lama. They say he’s being unclear, but we know exactly what he means.”

So what does he mean?

As it stands, the statement is as unclear as a Pope Francis declaration.
(07-14-2014, 10:39 AM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]So what does he mean?

As it stands, the statement is as unclear as a Pope Francis declaration.

Confusion begets more confusion, eh? :grin: :O
Well, what do you expect from a fellow Jesuit? They practically created Casuistry, you know! Francis is just acting in line with his own society's sacred traditions.
(07-14-2014, 12:32 PM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]Well, what do you expect from a fellow Jesuit? They practically created Casuistry, you know! Francis is just acting in line with his own society's sacred traditions.
  :LOL:
I think what he means is that when things are ambiguous or otherwise not clear then "we get to do whatever we want."
(07-14-2014, 10:39 AM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]So what does he mean?

That Francis (a) is aware of the enormous power his statements can have -- even the seemingly most offhanded and casual of them -- and (b) therefore knows he can communicate the goals he wishes to accomplish merely by dropping hints.

After Francis drops a few of these, Fr. Lombardi is trotted out to issue denials and denounce "inaccuracies" in order to reassure the conservative chumps.

Then a few weeks later, Francis throws another bomb and the brainwashing cycle begins all over again. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

In the meantime, Maradiaga, Gracias, Kasper, the secular press, and every modernist on the planet has gotten Francis's message to agitate for more changes.
(07-15-2014, 07:24 AM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]That Francis (a) is aware of the enormous power his statements can have -- even the seemingly most offhanded and casual of them -- and (b) therefore knows he can communicate the goals he wishes to accomplish merely by dropping hints.

I agree - alas. Misere Nobis.

I also agree with what Rorate said above about " its immense relevance, for the present and for future historians," ...
One of the goals of anarchist Communism in the old days (19th century) was to create chaos. They were never happy when society was in order. Even motions that would aid the proletariat - such as the liberation of serfs in Russia - caused consternation to the Communists. Actions that seemed to further their goals were rejected. There always had to be a crisis, even if they had to manufacture it themselves with bombs and knives. Most people cannot rest during a crisis, and cannot trust God or love one another in peace. They demand 'reform' and 'change', because of the endless change that spurs them on.

Francis is not going around bombing or stabbing people, but he is creating an atmosphere of perpetual uncertainty. I find this very galling...
(07-15-2014, 08:22 AM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]One of the goals of anarchist Communism in the old days (19th century) was to create chaos. They were never happy when society was in order. Even motions that would aid the proletariat - such as the liberation of serfs in Russia - caused consternation to the Communists. Actions that seemed to further their goals were rejected. There always had to be a crisis, even if they had to manufacture it themselves with bombs and knives. Most people cannot rest during a crisis, and cannot trust God or love one another in peace. They demand 'reform' and 'change', because of the endless change that spurs them on.

Francis is not going around bombing or stabbing people, but he is creating an atmosphere of perpetual uncertainty. I find this very galling...

Francis did, in fact, famously tell young people in Brazil to make a "mess" (lío) during World Youth Day last year.

The sede Novus Ordo Watch site's nickname for Francis -- "Chaos Frank" -- might have seemed a little flip at first, but no more.

Chaos is indeed a favorite tool of revolutionaries.
Pages: 1 2