FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How does a Catholic react to Gay Pride Week?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(07-27-2014, 06:00 AM)Layman Wrote: [ -> ]I think these parades are the Devil's way of holding narcissistic perverts up to ridicicule before God and man.  They also help normalise this evil in the greater population. I would guess a kind of demonic mania makes them want to propagadise for their perversion, or perhaps it's a response to a deep-seated guilt: shout down your conscience by being even more outrageous.  How absurd it is, to be 'proud' of a perverse appetite.

Substitute the word 'murder' for 'gay' and you'll see the absurdity of it. However, a murderer can only kill the body, and that, once, but sodomy kills the soul and by degrees.

The Catholic response: state the simple medical and religious facts about sodomy in any discussion, and turn away for any exhibition, about it.

While that works for male-on-male sodomy which is essentially violent, it is harder to make that argument in terms of lesbian relationships. You need, I think, to focus on the general principle of how sex is immoral when it is divorced from the act of procreation.
(07-27-2014, 07:04 AM)Pacman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2014, 06:00 AM)Layman Wrote: [ -> ]I think these parades are the Devil's way of holding narcissistic perverts up to ridicicule before God and man.  They also help normalise this evil in the greater population. I would guess a kind of demonic mania makes them want to propagadise for their perversion, or perhaps it's a response to a deep-seated guilt: shout down your conscience by being even more outrageous.  How absurd it is, to be 'proud' of a perverse appetite.

Substitute the word 'murder' for 'gay' and you'll see the absurdity of it. However, a murderer can only kill the body, and that, once, but sodomy kills the soul and by degrees.

The Catholic response: state the simple medical and religious facts about sodomy in any discussion, and turn away for any exhibition, about it.

While that works for male-on-male sodomy which is essentially violent, it is harder to make that argument in terms of lesbian relationships. You need, I think, to focus on the general principle of how sex is immoral when it is divorced from the act of procreation.

Lesbians *are* pretty abusive.  I may not be a fan of men living the gay lifestyle, but at least they try, they fail, but they try to develop reasoning to justify their lifestyles.

Lesbians, for the most part, just come off as angry and unreasonable.  As though they have every right to be as uncharitable and hostile as they want.
(07-27-2014, 07:04 AM)Pacman Wrote: [ -> ]While that works for male-on-male sodomy which is essentially violent, it is harder to make that argument in terms of lesbian relationships. You need, I think, to focus on the general principle of how sex is immoral when it is divorced from the act of procreation.

What about male on female sodomy, where "sodomy" means anal sex?

Oh, we're back to defining sodomy again?

Never mind...
(07-27-2014, 08:04 AM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, we're back to defining sodomy again?

Never mind...

We kind of have to since people use the word all the time and are vehemently against it (as they should be) and call homosexuals "sodomites" and "sods" and the like, but are only concerned with male-on-male sodomy, always assume that that's what all homosexuals do even though 1/3 of homosexuals never have, even though it's pretty much the least practiced sex act male homosexuals engage in, and even though more heterosexuals engage in it than homosexuals (even percentage-wise these days, I'd be very willing to bet).

Some people think "homosexual" and then automatically think "sodomite," which brings to mind "Sodom and Gomorrah" and "sins crying out to Heaven for vengeance," and then brings to heart a sort of disproportionate vehemence. I think it's a serious issue.

Sure, male-on-female anal penetration counts as sodomy as well.
(07-27-2014, 08:31 AM)Pacman Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, male-on-female anal penetration counts as sodomy as well.

What if he finishes in the proper place?

(...I'm half joking.  :grin:)
Sodomy:
The act of sexual intercourse involving only either anal or oral copulation.

Sodomy primarily deals with homosexuals, since it is impossible for two homosexuals to engage in proper intercourse.

We're back to legalistic definitions. The purpose of this thread, on the other hand, was/is to discuss how we deal with the LGBTQABCXYZ123 crowd. Whatever we call their actions, I'm talking about engaging the persons. Perhaps that's too much to ask, in our controversialist atmosphere...
(07-27-2014, 09:28 AM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]We're back to legalistic definitions. The purpose of this thread, on the other hand, was/is to discuss how we deal with the LGBTQABCXYZ123 crowd. Whatever we call their actions, I'm talking about engaging the persons. Perhaps that's too much to ask, in our controversialist atmosphere...

We engage them just like everyone else.  They're sinners, we're sinners, the only difference is kind of sin and degree of sin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5