FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is the Pope Catholic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is the Pope Catholic?
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/08....html#more

Pope Apologizes for "Catholics who Obstructed Pentecostal Growth":
- A Single Image Reveals Grave Mistake in Apology
Sandro Magister reports ("The Strange Silences of a Very Talkative Pope"):

ROME, August 1, 2014 – On the feast of Saint Anne, patron of Caserta, Pope Francis made a visit to this city. Everything normal? No. Because just two days later Jorge Mario Bergoglio returned to Caserta on a private visit, to meet with an Italian friend he got to know in Buenos Aires, Giovanni Traettino, pastor of a local Evangelical church.

Initially Francis's intention was to go only to visit his friend, with the bishop of Caserta left completely in the dark, and it took some doing to convince the pope to expand his schedule in order not to overlook the sheep of his fold.

In Francis the collegiality of governance is more evoked than practiced. The style is that of a superior general of the Jesuits who in the end decides everything on his own. This can be grasped from his actions, his words, his silences.

For example, Bergoglio has spent weeks behind the scenes cultivating relationships with the heads of the powerful “Evangelical” communities of the United States. He has spent hour after hour in their company at his residence in Santa Marta. He has invited them for lunch. He immortalized one of these convivial moments by giving a high five, amid raucous laughter, to Pastor James Robinson, one of the most successful American televangelists.

When no one knew anything about it yet, it was Francis who alerted them about his intention to go visit their Italian colleague in Caserta, and explained the reason: "To extend the apologies of the Catholic Church for the damage that has been done to them by obstructing the growth of their communities.”

As the Argentine he is, Bergoglio has experienced first-hand the overwhelming expansion of the Evangelical and Pentecostal communities in Latin America, which continue to take enormous masses of faithful away from the Catholic Church. And yet he has made this decision: not to fight their leaders, but to make them his friends. ...

Maybe 50 years from now a future Pope will apologize for actions against Traditional groups within the Church...
It's interesting that now even non sede trad sites like Rorate are asking questions about whether or not Francis is Catholic. His words and actions actually lead one to wonder.
Pray the 1962 Missal = you're condemned and your order is brutally shutdown.

Deny the Catholic priesthood and the sacraments = Pope lays down a red carpet for you.

It's like the Francis is urinating on the graves of all those who gave their lives to proselytize in the name of the Catholic faith. And what a cruel message to send all the agnostics and pagans who souls are yearning for the Church of Christ - sorry guys we don't really care if you join us.
(08-01-2014, 05:44 PM)Pacman Wrote: [ -> ]Pray the 1962 Missal = you're condemned and your order is brutally shutdown.

Deny the Catholic priesthood and the sacraments = Pope lays down a red carpet for you.

It's like the Francis is urinating on the graves of all those who gave their lives to proselytize in the name of the Catholic faith. And what a cruel message to send all the agnostics and pagans who souls are yearning for the Church of Christ - sorry guys we don't really care if you join us.

When I came back to the Church and naively went talk with some priest for instructions he basically did just that. He didn't really care if I came to the Church or not -- what was important was "how I felt".
So, maybe we have the Pope we deserve. To quote S. Gregory the Great, who said somewhere, "divine justice provides shepherds according to the just desserts of the faithful".
(08-01-2014, 05:44 PM)Pacman Wrote: [ -> ]Pray the 1962 Missal = you're condemned and your order is brutally shutdown.

Exactly! Between Karl Rahner's "anonymous Christian" theory, Von Balthasars "dare we hope", JPII's koran kissing and Assisi debacles, Benedict XVI's Lutheran groveling and now Francis's comments about the salvation of atheists and his exuberant appraisal of evangelicals I'd say it's going to take a leap of faith and the ability to deal with heavy duty cognitive dissonance to either remain a Roman Catholic or convince anyone this is really the true Church. Just think,Francis is the PUBLIC face of the Roman Catholic Church; when he speaks and acts the world takes notice.
This issue has been bothering me, personally, quite a lot lately.

How can a simple, ordinary Catholic become a missionary now? How can anyone say the Catholic Church is the true, exclusive Body of Christ? With all the teachings of modern popes, bishops, priests, and Religious, it seems impossible. We can shout from the rooftops about the exclusivity of Christ for salvation, the Holy Gospel being the fullness of the Truth, etc. ... but if our own hierarchy - and even our own documents/catechisms - are constantly saying otherwise, we will be laughed at by the pagans, atheists, and heretics we meet.

This is modernism. We can no longer claim the Truth. I am afraid for the Church, which has become poor by tossing away Her great riches - or rather, Her one great richness: the "pearl of great price", the absolute totality of Truth.
Pentecostalism is clearly from the devil. I have no idea how one can defend them.
(08-02-2014, 04:18 AM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Pentecostalism is clearly from the devil. I have no idea how one can defend them.

To put it in the best possible light: by being so concerned for one side of love, being nice to people, that one forgets the other side, being tough with people when they need it.
What is one to believe?
How can one bring others into the church, by others I mean one's own children?
Should I say to my son, yes Pope Francis says it's ok to be an evangelical Baptist? 

Am I missing something here?
Pages: 1 2