FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Can Catholics even preach anymore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(08-04-2014, 02:54 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]:P

:awww:
I think that you guys need to take up devotion to the Blessed Mother. I pray the complete Rosary everyday and I take great comfort that she has warned us numerous times about this crises. She promised a complete restoration some day even if it seems impossible right now. Wear the brown scapular, consecrate yourself to her and place confidence in her. JPII said that the dragon is sweeping a third of the stars from heaven. I interpret it as some of the clergy no longer leading the way to heaven. If the water becoming wormwood refers to false teachings this is what it appears to be happening with all these novel teachings. Men are drinking this poisoned water. But stick to the traditional teaching and strive to become a saint. If it weren't for her I'm not even sure if I would have found the faith.
(08-05-2014, 12:06 PM)ThomasTheDoubter Wrote: [ -> ]I think that you guys need to take up devotion to the Blessed Mother. I pray the complete Rosary everyday and I take great comfort that she has warned us numerous times about this crises. She promised a complete restoration some day even if it seems impossible right now. Wear the brown scapular, consecrate yourself to her and place confidence in her. JPII said that the dragon is sweeping a third of the stars from heaven. I interpret it as some of the clergy no longer leading the way to heaven. If the water becoming wormwood refers to false teachings this is what it appears to be happening with all these novel teachings. Men are drinking this poisoned water. But stick to the traditional teaching and strive to become a saint. If it weren't for her I'm not even sure if I would have found the faith.

Good advice Thomas the Doubter AND welcome back!
Devotion to the Blessed Mother is always a good thing but it is not only Roman Catholics who have a lively devotion to her. Eastern Rite Catholics and Orthodox fo not pray the Rosary (perhaps some do) but there are plenty of Canons,Akathists,short (and long) ejaculatory prayers to her and a whole tradition of miraculous wonderworking icons to help foster a devotion. In fact leading up to the feast of the Dormition there is a period of fasting and one is supposed to alternately pray the Small and Great Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos. Marian devotion,while beautiful and rich in the West,is equally beautiful and rich in the East.
I recall reading a few weeks ago downplaying the usefulness of private revelation. As far as I know the Orthodox do that. But I do believe that God sends these revelations to call us to repentance, to prepare us for hardships and to give us hope for future when the going gets tough.

I believe three revelations are very important for our times: Our Lady of Good Success, Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of Akita.  These give us assurance that despite what is happening the Catholic Church is the ark. She warned us before hand to prepare us for the crises we are in. It looks hopeless but it's not.
(08-05-2014, 01:32 PM)ThomasTheDoubter Wrote: [ -> ]I recall reading a few weeks ago downplaying the usefulness of private revelation. As far as I know the Orthodox do that. But I do believe that God sends these revelations to call us to repentance, to prepare us for hardships and to give us hope for future when the going gets tough.

His word in Scripture wasn't enough?

I'm no theologian, but I think the human condition is such that some assurances are needed. Even Judah had prophets in the OT. God didn't just leave them with the teachings of Moses, but sent prophets.
(08-05-2014, 01:41 PM)ThomasTheDoubter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no theologian, but I think the human condition is such that some assurances are needed. Even Judah had prophets in the OT. God didn't just leave them with the teachings of Moses, but sent prophets.

So, the answer is "no"?
(08-05-2014, 01:54 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2014, 01:41 PM)ThomasTheDoubter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no theologian, but I think the human condition is such that some assurances are needed. Even Judah had prophets in the OT. God didn't just leave them with the teachings of Moses, but sent prophets.

So, the answer is "no"?

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages;

18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Why would God send signs for no reason? If you won't believe for His words believe on Him on account of the miracles He does. The miracle at Fatima is an important sign to prepare us for what is coming.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7