FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Novena to St. Maximilian Kolbe to begin August 4th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/201...row-aug-4/
[Image: Kolbe+1.jpg]
St. Maximilian Kolbe Novena to begin Aug 4
I do not believe that St. Maximilian Kolbe’s feast is recognized in the traditional calendar of feasts, not being canonized until 1982, but he is such a powerful Saint and intercessor!  I strongly recommend devotion to the Polish German Saint and Martyr.  His Feast is August 14.  Saint Maximilian Kolbe is especially powerful for those struggling with addiction and as a protector of those in pro-life work.

Another suggested intention for this Novena would be to have this great Saint intercede for an end to the sufferings of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, that order founded so strongly on the charism St. Maximilian pioneered.  Or at least to allow the intervention to end and for that order to flourish mightily as a result of the sufferings they are enduring.

ST. MAXIMILIAN KOLBE NOVENA PRAYERS
O Lord Jesus Christ, who said “greater love than this no man has that a man lay down his life for his friends,” through the intercession of Saint Maximilian Kolbe whose life illustrated such love, we beseech you to grant us our petitions
• (state your intentions here)  Through the Militia Immaculata movement, which Maximilian founded, he spread a fervent devotion to Our Lady throughout the world. He gave up his life for a total stranger and loved his persecutors, giving us an example of unselfish love for all men – a love that was inspired by true devotion to Mary.
Grant, O Lord Jesus, that we too may give ourselves entirely without reserve to the love and service of our Heavenly Queen in order to better love and serve our fellowman in imitation of your humble servant, Maximilian. Amen.

3 Hail Marys…Glory Be…                            Amen

Here is the Litany of good Saint Maximilian:
P: Lord, have mercy on us    ALL: Lord, have mercy on us
P: Christ, have mercy on us    ALL: Christ, have mercy on us
P: Lord, have mercy on us    ALL: Lord, have mercy on us
God, our Father in heaven,    Have mercy on us
God the Son, Redeemer of the World,    Have mercy on us
God the Holy Spirit,    Have mercy on us
Holy Trinity, one God,    Have mercy on us
Immaculate Mary, Mother of the Savior,    Pray for us
St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe,    Pray for us…
Brave Knight of the Immaculata  ”
Heroic Son of Poland "
Man of living Faith
Obedient Son of St. Francis
Poor and Humble Friar
Example of Angelic Purity
Great Lover of our Eucharistic Lord
Consecrant of Our Lady
Faithful Priest
Model of Religious Life
Servant of the Church
Marian Mystic
Zealous Missionary
Modern Evangelist
True Ecumenist
Brilliant Apologist
Christian Journalist
Educator of Youth
Promoter of the Mass Media
Spokesman of Christian Values
Defender of Human Dignity
Promoter of the Miraculous Medal
Minister of Refugees
Friend of the Homeless
Hero of Auschwitz
Victim of Violence and Hatred
Provider for the Hungry
Preacher to the Hopeless
Companion of the Imprisoned
Comforter of the Sick
Consoler of the Dying
Instrument of Peace and Reconciliation
Man for Others
Victim of Planned Extermination
Martyr of Charity
Intercessor of the Addicted
Friend to those with Eating Disorders
Protector of Family Life
Inspiration to Volunteers
Patron of Pro-life
Patron of our Difficult Age
Prophet and Sign of the Civilization of Love
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the World, Have mercy on us
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the World, Have mercy on us
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the World, Grant us peace
LET US PRAY: Merciful God, you raised up St. Maximilian Kolbe to the glory of your saints. Grant that we, through his heroic example and the powerful intercession of this Martyr of Charity, may always serve you in charity shown to our brothers and sisters. Grant the grace we need always to seek to accomplish the greatest glory of God in all that we do.
P: We ask this through Christ our Lord.      ALL: Amen.

I had not noticed that the St. Maximilian’s memory could not be found in pre V2 breviaries.  He was canonized in 1982.  Those who wish to celebrate him could as an  exception resort to the Liturgy of the Hours and the Novus Ordo Mass. They can be found here:  http://www.liturgies.net/saints/kolbe/readings.htm
His memoria comes as standard in L of the H.  I have mine, in Spanish of course as I am a Peruvian in Peru.

Before,  August  14 was the vigilia of the Assumption and the Commemoratione of St. Eusebius, confessor.  Another case of a modern saint displacing an older one.