FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New Catastrophe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Christians full of Nineveh in the greatest historical disaster!

Qaraqosh, the Christian capital of Iraq and full of Nineveh, fell into the hands of the Islamic state on the night of 6-7 August.

Kurdish military troops withdrew from the city after two days of fighting. The operation of the release of Mosul by Kurdish troops failed!

It was our hope! The Kurds have committed great errors by opening several fronts to combat Islamic state.

In addition to the betrayal of al-Maliki, the Iraqi Prime Minister ex who initially supported the Kurdish troops in their march for the liberation of Mosul.

The jihadists of the Islamic State also recruited many fighters among Sunnis in Mosul and surrounding areas.

Most residents of the city had left the day before the fall of the city. Other Christian towns fell out Telkief, Batnaiya, Bartellah, Karamless. Currently Christians in these cities are scattered in Kurdistan.

The shattered morale, future zero!

All their goods remained in their homes now under the dominion of Islamic jihadists. The main cause of this defeat lies in the strategic errors of the Kurdish army.

In Erbil, Thursday, August 7, Father Hanna Anis, OP.

http://www.cite-catholique.org/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=30978
The early Christian refugees from Iraq arrived at Roissy today granted asylum, visa in hand. Although this is not a long term solution, as stated by Bishop Gollnisch, dir. gral of the Work of the East, we can only rejoice.

To recap, what is the application for asylum, according to the Geneva Convention for Refugees 1951
Iraq's largest Christian town has been overrun by the same militant Islamists who have gained a foothold in parts of eastern Syria and western and northern Iraq.

The latest advance by ISIS (or the Islamic State, formerly known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria) has caused thousands of Christians in the city to flee, just as other minority groups targeted by ISIS have done, as well as Shiite Muslims.

The French government confirmed that the Iraqi city of Qaraqosh has fallen into the hands of the militant al Qaeda offshoot.

"France is highly concerned about the latest progress of ISIS in the North of Iraq and by the taking of Qaraqosh, the largest Christian city of Iraq, and the horrible acts of violence that are committed," French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said in a statement.

France called for an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council to discuss the threat in Iraq.

The exodus from Qaraqosh was already under way, as the city and its surroundings have been the target of ISIS attacks for weeks.

Christian leader: ISIS beheading children
Iraq-Mosul Dam
Murderous march of ISIS continues Qaraqosh is a historic Assyrian town of 50,000 people, approximately 20 miles southeast of Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, where ISIS also has control.

When ISIS took over Mosul, many residents from there had fled to Qaraqosh. In Mosul, ISIS issued an ultimatum to Christians living there: Convert to Islam, pay a fine or face "death by the sword."

Three other nearby villages were also attacked overnight and Thursday, local police officials told CNN. Two of the villages -- Bartella and Tall Kayf -- are predominately Christian. Hundreds of Christian families fled to the north, police said.

The third village is Hamadaniya.

Kurdish forces were involved in heavy clashes protecting the area from ISIS.

ISIS seeks to create an Islamic caliphate that stretches from Syria to Iraq. The group has aggressively targeted Iraqi minority religious groups.

Nickolay Mladenov, the special representative of the U.N. secretary-general for Iraq, last month condemned the persecution of Christians, Shia Muslims and Yazidis, as well as the Shabak and Turkmen ethnic minorities.

The Pentagon is considering conducting emergency air drops to the thousands of stranded Yazidis in northern Iraq, a U.S. Defense official told CNN Thursday.

A spokesman for Pope Francis, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, said on Thursday that the pontiff is deeply concerned about the reports coming from northern Iraq.

"Christian communities are particularly affected: a people fleeing from their villages because of the violence that rages in these days, wreaking havoc on the entire region," Lombardi said in a statement.

Lombardi quoted a prayer the Pope offered last month, expressing to the persecuted that "I know how much you suffer, I know that you are deprived of everything."

Most Iraqi Christians are Chaldeans, who are Roman Catholic communicants.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/07/world/meas...index.html
I think Pope Francis should take immediate action and call for more recitations of the Koran in the Vatican gardens obviously Islam did not think we have been truly ecumenical enough, may be if the Imam could recite it inside St. Peters Basilica or St. John Lateran.

Oh well
Perhaps Russia should put its money where its mouth is as the supposed defender of Christians and send in bombs,troops and missles for an all out blitzkreig against ISIS. The ISIS muslims are vicious rabid animals and shouldbe vaporized to the last man. They are beheading children and putting their heads on stakes;they deserve to be destroyed here on earth and eternally in hell,every last one of them and everyone that supports them. Sorry but I do not have the strength to turn the other cheek when I heat of suvh barbaric cruelty. In the psalms we are asked to "hate evil" and ISIS and the religion they espouse are evil and deserve abject hatred and revulsion. I can't wait to burn another koran while praying the psalms of imprecation.
The Pope has appointed an envoy to help Cardinal O'Brien and they're working overtime to get aid to them as well as assisting them to flee the area. Please keep them all in prayer. ISIS is beheading children too.
(08-08-2014, 01:03 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps Russia should put its money where its mouth is as the supposed defender of Christians and send in bombs,troops and missles for an all out blitzkreig against ISIS. The ISIS muslims are vicious rabid animals and shouldbe vaporized to the last man. They are beheading children and putting their heads on stakes;they deserve to be destroyed here on earth and eternally in hell,every last one of them and everyone that supports them. Sorry but I do not have the strength to turn the other cheek when I heat of suvh barbaric cruelty. In the psalms we are asked to "hate evil" and ISIS and the religion they espouse are evil and deserve abject hatred and revulsion. I can't wait to burn another koran while praying the psalms of imprecation.

Amen, brother. I hear you. I am so so sick of it all I mentally *bomb* the entire Middle East (after the Christians have all been exiled)... wipe it right off the blipping map, at least a few times a day, but that doesn't make me a very good peacemaker, does it? I guess it's time to go to confession.
(08-08-2014, 01:03 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps Russia should put its money where its mouth is as the supposed defender of Christians and send in bombs,troops and missles for an all out blitzkreig against ISIS. The ISIS muslims are vicious rabid animals and shouldbe vaporized to the last man. They are beheading children and putting their heads on stakes;they deserve to be destroyed here on earth and eternally in hell,every last one of them and everyone that supports them. Sorry but I do not have the strength to turn the other cheek when I heat of suvh barbaric cruelty. In the psalms we are asked to "hate evil" and ISIS and the religion they espouse are evil and deserve abject hatred and revulsion. I can't wait to burn another koran while praying the psalms of imprecation.

Russia as the defender of Christians?  Under Putin?  That's a joke, right?

Yes, we are asked to hate evil.  And to defend widows and children and the helpless.  We are also told, "Be angry, and sin not".  (Yeah, I know...easy for me to say  :crazy:.)
I'm glad I'm not alone in these sentiments SCG! Its just beyond the pale what these Muslims are doing, I mean,they are actually cutting off the heads of children and erecting them on stakes! This is unprecedented cruelty and barbarism and it demands,not empty dialogue and peace treaties,but bombs and bullets. ISIS is simply following the normal dictates of islam. There is hardly a whimper of outrage anywhere,certainly not from muslim circles. The silence is implicit consent,especially amongst the muslims.  There needs to be a swift military response,as this evil will not go away. Anyone that is willing to cut off a childs head and put it on a stake should take a bullet and,from a human standpoint,is not worth dialogue. We dont sit down and talk it out with satan,we exorcise him.
Putin has claimed to want to defend Christians before so all I'm saying is now is a good time to put his money  where his mouth is. He can start by expelling all muslims from Russia and bulldozing mosques everywhere. I'm certainly skeptical of his intentions but if he's sincere now is as good a time as any. We really need a truly Christian nation where islam is outlawed and muslims are not welcome;we also need a Christian nation that takes seriously the defense of Christians. Russia seems to me at this point like the only possible game in town.  I'm.quite tired of islam and muslims overall, i want action.