FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ex 12 - Beautiful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My girlfriend and I have begun the endeavour to read the Holy Bible cover-to-cover together, reading a few chapters a night. Tonight, we read Exodus 11-14 and I have to say that it was a really lovely read -- definitely one that stood out. We read about the institution of the first Passover and it was such a revelation for me to read about the first Passover and think about God' Divine Plan for Passover and, specifically, for the greatest Lamb of all. I thought of the blood and water pouring out of Our Lord's wounds and covering us all just like the Israelites covered their door frames in the blood of their spotless lambs. How lucky are we to have the most spotless Lamb of all to win our Salvation and show us the way. Thanks be to God!
Also, would I be wrong in drawing parallels between the Passover being restricted to Israelites only and Communion being restricted only to Catholics? I think it is an illustrative image which is based in Scripture which says that only God's people (and I don't think I'm wrong in saying that Catholics inherited that title from the Israelites Before Christ) can eat at the supper of the lamb. Could be a good verse to respond to those pesky protestants who claim that our exclusion of them during Holy Communion is some kind of "unloving" or "uncharitable" action.
Keep reading Exodus it is great and brace yourselves for Leviticus....it is a hard read...nothing but Laws for the Levitical Priesthood.

I always compared Passover and the Last Supper as the inferior to the superior.
I think Leviticus and Numbers will be equally difficult. I also find the genealogical lists are considerably challenging to get through, especially since my girlfriend usually reads aloud to the both of us and her pronunciation makes me often interrupt her with laughing -- not that mine would be any better.
Maybe while she reads you should stand with your hands joined; the solemnity might help with the laughter :P.

I've read the entire Bible once, and now I just skip the genealogies.
And I frankly prefer the priestly stuff over some of the Prophets: some of them, like Ezekiel, are just too cryptic for me.
Come to think of it, the pentateuch is one of my favourite parts of the Bible.
(09-08-2014, 12:42 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe while she reads you should stand with your hands joined; the solemnity might help with the laughter :P.

I've read the entire Bible once, and now I just skip the genealogies.
And I frankly prefer the priestly stuff over some of the Prophets: some of them, like Ezekiel, are just too cryptic for me.
Come to think of it, the pentateuch is one of my favourite parts of the Bible.

Hahaha! I'll try that next time. Thanks. ;)