FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What do you guys think of the Rodeo Pope Francis is running right now in Rome?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im talking about the clown-show Pope Francis has been calling a "Synod". A "Synod" which invites people to come in and speak about their support for sodomy and pressure the Pope to his face. Im talking about the "Synod" which has become yet another embarrassment for the Church.
I haven't seen any evidence that the bishops were speaking in favor of sodomy.
Cardinal Emmanuel Wamala, the retired archbishop of Kampala, urged Ugandan parents to teach their children about the sinfulness of premarital sexual activity and called upon Ugandan youth to reject abortion.

“Whoever does it or helps a person to do it, puts herself or himself in a difficult situation with God because God is the creator of life and he alone has the right to take it away,” the prelate said at a recent Mass, according to a report from the Catholic Information Service for Africa.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=22858

I had the privelege of meeting this cardinal when he visited the United States in 1980. I believe that on this point he is right.
Archbishop Philip Tartaglia of Glasgow praised the joys of a loving family and lamented the pain caused by divorce in an homily as the Synod of Bishops convened on October 8.

In the Church’s ministry to those wounded by separation and divorce, forgiveness does not entail “accommodation or indifference but genuine and sometimes hard-won reconciliation,” so that there may be “new faithfulness, a new page in the story of love of husband and wife and their children.”

“When husband and wife are happy together and are blessed with children, then love expands from two to three and four and five,” he preached. “There is every opportunity to renew faithfulness to one another by laughing together, crying together, supporting one another, saying sorry to one another, giving one another the benefit of the doubt, embracing one another, being happy for each other, just knowing the right word at the right time. And when those things happen, we are privileged to behold the beauty and simplicity and strength of married love and of family love, a love which truly through the grace of Christ endures all things.”

“But when families fracture, love is the first casualty,” he continued. “The love which was the glue between spouses turns to hate very quickly. Intimate communion of life is replaced with a terrible logic of division. Children's peace of heart is shattered and they find themselves both loving and hating their parents at the same time.”

He added:

Into this sadness, the Church has to find a way to speak St Paul’s words of love, which compassionately excuse and forgive, but which also heal and renew and lift up again; where forgiveness is not accommodation or indifference but genuine and sometimes hard-won reconciliation, engendering new trust, new hope, new endurance, and new faithfulness, a new page in the story of love of husband and wife and their children.

St. Paul’s inspiring words on love that we have heard today mean that we must have compassion for the pain and laceration of the human hearts caught up in separation, betrayal and divorce. St Paul’s words encourage us to find a way to uphold God’s holy purpose in marriage and in the family while also upholding those for whom that purpose has become almost impossible to attain. In times of distress and misfortune, people still instinctively turn to the Church for hope and consolation and inspiration. We must not fail them.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=22862
Archbishop Georg Gänswein, the prefect of the pontifical household, has told an Italian magazine the Pope Francis has no intention of changing Church teaching regarding the indissolubility of marriage.

“As far as I can see Pope Francis is following the line of his predecessors, whose teaching on matrimony is very clear,” said Archbishop Gänswein. He observed to Chi magazine that “starting a new union contradicts what the Lord has indicated.”

"The Church must have the courage to express its convictions, as otherwise it would not be in the service of truth," the German prelate added. Archbishop Gänswein was personal secretary to Pope Benedict XVI, and now works with both the retired Pontiff and Pope Francis.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=22864
(10-09-2014, 03:14 PM)cbd94 Wrote: [ -> ]Im talking about the clown-show Pope Francis has been calling a "Synod". A "Synod" which invites people to come in and speak about their support for sodomy and pressure the Pope to his face. Im talking about the "Synod" which has become yet another embarrassment for the Church.

I find your comments pretty rude and appalling. I understand that there is a lot of lack in the Church hierarchy as well as dissent, but as bad as many people want to see change in doctrine, the reality is that it isn't going to happen now or ever.
Calm down, you sound histrionic.

We are all here acutely aware of the potentials dangers of the situation, but it is nothing to get fired up over, like some tabloid journalist.
I'm aware the doctrine won't change. But I find the synod to be yet another embarrassment for the Catholic Church. This synod has been inviting people to speak before the bishops who are pressuring them to "change the language of the catechism" (aka water it down so people won't be aware that sodomy is a sin).  This synod is completely unnecessary and nothing good is going to come out of it.
Sad part is that I'm willing to bet 95% of the bishops in attendance were made bishop by JPII and Benedict.  I guess you could say they didn't have much to work with, but still...
I think you have potential as a poet.
Pages: 1 2