FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Freemasonry and the Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Well... This is scary. Have no idea if it's true, but it's scary. The part I'm most referring to is what he had to say in Part I (both of these videos are brief), starting at around the 3:00 minute mark.

Thoughts? Total paranoia? "Conspiracy theory" of the wacky kind (as opposed to sane, rational theories, based on evidence, that happen to involve the idea of two or more people coming together to do bad things)?
I wouldn't doubt that Freemasonry is full of insane esoteric nonsense, but a quick checkup on Mr. Schnoebelen shows that he was Catholic, Wiccan, Mormon, Freemason, and even Satanist in the 1960s-1970s. I'm not so sure how credible - or even how mentally sound - he is.

Ya know, you watch videos like the two below and you -- well, I -- get this ultra-creepy sense that there exist "two worlds," one populated by folks who love Jesus, or maybe want to but just don't believe, who are just struggling to get by, get their kids to school on time, put food on the table, maybe take in a flick once in a while and have enough to buy Christmas and birthday presents for the people they love. But underneath that world is a world that is sinister and occult, evil to its core, filled with people whose worldview is diametrically opposed to the people living in "the normal world," the world in which grace and love operate.

There's a scene at the end of David Lynch's "Blue Velvet" that shows a little robin singing outside Laura Dern's kitchen window -- Laura Dern whose character had just been dragged through the slime of that other world. When I think of all the ugliness beneath the surface, that scene comes to mind, as does the movie "Eyes Wide Shut," in which Tom Cruise plays a guy who falls into the "Secret Society rabbit hole" (all of that stuff actually isn't the point of the movie;it's a plot device -- but I digress). Eyes Wide Shut is so incredibly creepy because of how it shows that layer of "real life" pulled back to reveal the vermin that are busy underneath.

One reads Encyclicals written before the human element of the Church was successfully infiltrated by Her enemies (see Pascendi Dominici Gregis!) and, assuming one trusts the judgments of Pope St. Pius X, which I do, one must come to the conclusion that the Lynch-Kubrick view of how the world works is true. Seeing videos like the ones below --- so terrifying! -- is more evidence of that.

When people talk about the possibility of an empty Hell, I think of, among other things, the people who live in that hidden world -- a hidden world that controls our world. All the pain, suffering, destruction of innocence, lust for power, lust for perverted sex, hatred of God and of all things holy -- I think Hell is a sane and just concept (and reality) and it's mostly for people like that. God is a Loving God, full of mercy. He is not out "to get us." He's not lying in wait, excited at the chance to toss into Hell some poor guy who has a masturbation habit he fights against but fails to succeed periodically, or some poor non-radical homosexual who just wants to feel connected to another human and goes about it in the wrong way, etc. He has mercy for the average, everyday sinner who's doing his best. God is not a tyrant, and He is most certainly not stupid. And He knows that Satan is the Prince of this Earth and that some people have given themselves fully to that beast, and make the lives of others miserable. Without a Hell for those who do these things and refuse to repent, nothing makes sense.

(10-13-2014, 03:07 PM)Heorot Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't doubt that Freemasonry is full of insane esoteric nonsense, but a quick checkup on Mr. Schnoebelen shows that he was Catholic, Wiccan, Mormon, Freemason, and even Satanist in the 1960s-1970s. I'm not so sure how credible - or even how mentally sound - he is.

Freemasonry is Satanism... (and who wrote the things you saw in your "check-up"?) Anyway, I know nothing about the man; I just came across those videos and found them creepy, and they brought to mind Pascendi. Just throwing the videos out there...
Really creepy! I share your feelings entirely, Vox.  I also find it hard to believe that so much evil can exist. Some things are too horrible to imagine.

It´s good to be aware of the Devil and his conspiracies, so as to be on our guard, but we should nevertheless try not to get obssessed. St. Paul´s advice comes to mind:

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not so much as be named among you, as becometh saints: Or obscenity, or foolish talking, or scurrility, which is to no purpose; but rather giving of thanks." (Ephesians 5:3,4)