FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: You can write to the Nuncio about your dismay on the synod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From  http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/201...ing-synod/

EMAIL, TELEPHONE, FAX OR WRITE TO

His Excellency Archbishop Carlo Vicano
Apostolic Nuncio
3339 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20008

Email: nuntiususa AT nuntiususa DOT org
Please send copy of your email to Catholic Family News: cfnjjv AT gmail DOT com
To help us keep track of how many emails the Nunciate receives

Telephone: 202-333-7121
Fax: 202-337-4036

Now armed with the contact information, I provide one potential draft submission.  Feel free to add, delete, shoot holes, whatever you like with it:

Your Excellency:

I have been most dismayed to follow the course of the Extraordinary Synod for the Family and Married Life over the past week and throughout the preceding preparatory period.  It seems there is a concerted effort among far too many Synod participants to undermine the sacred Doctrine of the Faith through so-called pastoral solutions, solutions which will have the effect of spreading great scandal and confusion and doing untold harm to souls.  I implore both you and the Synod fathers that this madness stop. Already over the past several decades, confusion and uncertainty have surrounded public discussion of what the Church believes.  A heart-breaking number of theologians, priests, religious, and, incredibly, even bishops and cardinals, have contributed to that confusion by undermining, or even directly attacking, truths the Church has always held as inviolable. It is simply impossible to put Doctrine into conflict with pastoral applications.  That is essentially claiming God’s Mercy wars with His Justice – unheard of!

We also know that untold numbers of souls have fallen away over the past few decades.  It is my firm belief that the doctrinal confusion reigning in the Church has played a huge role in this pastoral disaster.

Please communicate my great dismay to the Synod over its reported direction.  The “Relatio” mid-Synod report seems wildly at contrast with the Faith handed down to us by the Apostles and Fathers.  It seems incredible that Casti Connubbi, Humanae Vitae, the 1997 Catechism of the Catholic Church, and so many other great testaments to our Faith can be tossed aside- in effect, if not in toto – to serve some strange conception of “pastoral” care.  But as the past several decades have already shown, whatever the purported purpose of the novel formulations proposed at the Synod may be, doctrinal confusion only results in more pastoral calamities, not fewer.  The rapidly shrinking Church in Europe and the Americas is a testament to this fact.

I beg and implore the Synod participants to uphold the timeless Doctrine of the Faith and not undermine it through paeans to modernist sensibilities!  I pray for the Truth to be upheld and not undermined or lessened in any way.  I pray that God may enlighten the hearts of all Synod participants to strengthen and improve that doctrine and especially its rigorous and thorough instruction to all souls in the Church – an instruction completely missing over the past several decades.  And I pray that all the Synod participants, and you, our Apostolic Nuncio, may always cooperate with God’s Grace and be abundantly blessed in performing constant service to the Church.

[choose one] Yours very respectfully in Christ/Ad Mariam per Iesu/In corde Iesu/Dominus vobiscum!/

Your signature

Your name