FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Schonborn of Vienna becomes a Lefebvrist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently he sides with the conservative camp. I can't find any source in English, so I'll translate a bit from the news in Polish.

'During my speech i clearly stressed that I'm worried about our dealing with a small fragment of the problems that families face. Why are we still talking about the divorced, as if they were the most needy people in the world - obviously attention must be given to them - but why aren't we mentioning the couples that live like heroes in our world and care about sanctity and purity of marriage, and are examples of fidelity?' he told La Stampa.

First Poland wins against Germany in football, now this. What is going on?
Our Lord told us that the Good Shepherd leaves the 99 in search of the one lost sheep.

He Himself answers Cardinal Schonborn.

[1] Now the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him. [2] And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying: This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. [3] And he spoke to them this parable, saying: [4] What man of you that hath an hundred sheep: and if he shall lose one of them, doth he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert, and go after that which was lost, until he find it? [5] And when he hath found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing:

[6] And coming home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost? [7] I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.
Luke:15:1-10

Nota bene:  the sinners ate and drank with Our Lord before they did penance.
(10-14-2014, 06:33 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]Our Lord told us that the Good Shepherd leaves the 99 in search of the one lost sheep.

He Himself answers Cardinal Schonborn.

[1] Now the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him. [2] And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying: This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. [3] And he spoke to them this parable, saying: [4] What man of you that hath an hundred sheep: and if he shall lose one of them, doth he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert, and go after that which was lost, until he find it? [5] And when he hath found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing:

[6] And coming home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost? [7] I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.
Luke:15:1-10

Nota bene:  the sinners ate and drank with Our Lord before they did penance.

I think the situation now is very different from what's presented in the Scriptures.  We should absolutely be charitable to sinners, as we're all sinners.  That being said, we, as followers of Christ, should bring His teachings to the multitudes, and not bend our own Catholic beliefs and doctrines to fit what the secular world believes.  If you do that, you become a lost sheep, as well.  To me, I think this is exactly what's happening here.  The Church should stand as shining beacon in this world of sins, ambiguities, and relativism.  I see the complete opposite done in this synod document, and it saddens me.
And this is where we see God's mercy and work shine thru all the garbage

How many Cardinals and Bishops who are lukewarm, saying a few good things and doing a few bad things (like Schonborn)  may have been awakened just by looking in horror at what Pope Francis, Cardinal Kasper etc are trying to accomplish.

I don't know if the Cardinal Schonbron is a Lefebvrist, I doubt it , but make no mistake this will wake up those not consumed by modernism very quickly.
Well, I don't know. Whenever I see those fine Catholic families I kinda think they are quite all right. So I don't see the point of doing a Synod for them.
Divorce, on the other hand, is something very painful, specially if one of the spouses don't want it, but is just abandoned. Even in those couples that say they rather divorce, its usually very difficult for the children.

The problem of the Synod is that the impression, not only I, but even the neo-catholics, are getting is that they don't want to find ways of pastorally receiving these people in the Church, of how the Church can help the child whose parents are living separately and with different people. No, what they seem to be after is a way of accommodating the Church to every situation, of diluting it.

As a son of divorced parents I can say this is no mercy. You can publish book after book on mercy, on how blessing adulterous relationships is great; but deep down people know the truth, and if you are one who suffered from the wounds caused by sin, you know just how unmerciful it is to just say everything is fine.
I agree with Spikepaga.
We are seeing cardinal against cardinal, bishop against bishop. People finally have to take sides. Middle ground is getting very very narrow. Our Lady of Akita said this long ago.
Müller seems to be converting, too, Deo gratias: "…above all I say what I must say as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith" (source)
I think his eminence makes a good point. I see that the Mass-Media-World-Mind constantly flags up evil things and invites one to be upset about them. This makes money and fills people's subconscious with bad ideas. We are told me must have sympathy for evil-doers, which is a cover for eventually applauding them.

Who would have thought 100 years ago that unrepentant sodomites would be parading themselves in public and demanding approval for what they do? Likewise, fornicators; they are cast as righteous and those who disparage them, wrong.

Divorced people have messed up the one thing in life they are supposed to get right; marriage. It is now seen as logical to let them have a second and third go at it, despite the wreckage left in their wake, which the rest of us have to deal, in some part, with the consequences of.

Something weird is going on in the mass-mind. We seem to be having one long pity-party in the West. It's nauseating.

We should have models of heroic virtue. We seemed to, in the past. We are called to live like saints. What is the one word the Seraphim say at the Throne? Sanctus.
(10-15-2014, 06:21 AM)Layman Wrote: [ -> ]I think his eminence makes a good point. I see that the Mass-Media-World-Mind constantly flags up evil things and invites one to be upset about them. This makes money and fills people's subconscious with bad ideas. We are told me must have sympathy for evil-doers, which is a cover for eventually applauding them.

Who would have thought 100 years ago that unrepentant sodomites would be parading themselves in public and demanding approval for what they do? Likewise, fornicators; they are cast as righteous and those who disparage them, wrong.

Divorced people have messed up the one thing in life they are supposed to get right; marriage. It is now seen as logical to let them have a second and third go at it, despite the wreckage left in their wake, which the rest of us have to deal, in some part, with the consequences of.

Something weird is going on in the mass-mind. We seem to be having one long pity-party in the West. It's nauseating.

We should have models of heroic virtue. We seemed to, in the past. We are called to live like saints. What is the one word the Seraphim say at the Throne? Sanctus.

Why don't you become a model of heroic virtue, then?!
Indeed, why don't we all?
Pages: 1 2