FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rise Up MEN of God!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Please also see this very fine article: http://blog.adw.org/2014/11/a-post-satan...to-be-men/
Great article. The Church needs to stop being so faggy and put men into their proper place. Men don't have much of a place in the modern world, except to die in wars or do hard jobs. Kick all these women out from 'liturgy committees' and whatever nonsense 'ministry' they have invented to control the parish. Throw out that hymnal full of high-pitched whining. Tea after mass? It's a pint of mild for me, mate!

Also, has anyone noticed how most priests talk like fags? They don't talk like guys, but are very soft spoken. It really bugs me. I'm sure other guys must notice it. Mandatory testosterone testing for all applicants to the clergy!
(11-04-2014, 04:09 PM)Old_Sarum Wrote: [ -> ]Great article. The Church needs to stop being so faggy and put men into their proper place. Men don't have much of a place in the modern world, except to die in wars or do hard jobs. Kick all these women out from 'liturgy committees' and whatever nonsense 'ministry' they have invented to control the parish. Throw out that hymnal full of high-pitched whining. Tea after mass? It's a pint of mild for me, mate!

I agree with you about the liturgy and how priests and men should be dealing with that, but not all the ministries. I can't see men getting together to bake lasagne for some new widower anyway.

Be careful not to overreact and backlash against radical feminism. It will only lead to what we've got now some time in the future. The extremely decadent Georgian period led to the Victorian era which led to the militant feminism we've got now. People have to get very REAL and very CATHOLIC in their thinking about the sexes and about sex, and get off the merry-go-round of push and push-back.

Besides, just because some women are militant feminists doesn't mean all are, and women DO have intellects, talents, gifts, etc. -- along with needs.

"Emangelization." Oh lord. Why don't they all just become Moslems and be done with it. Islamic men know how to keep women in their place.

Eye-roll
(11-04-2014, 08:20 AM)Magdalene Wrote: [ -> ]Please also see this very fine article: http://blog.adw.org/2014/11/a-post-satan...to-be-men/

By the way, I didn't watch the video. I only read the above article by Msgr. Pope. The quote "emangelization" comes from him. Now, isn't he the pastor of that parish in Washington DC that provides liturgical dance?

Yes, he is.  http://hcscchurch.org/liturgy-2/liturgical-dance/

Perhaps we could start "manning up" by eliminating twinkly toes from our liturgical practices.

I don't know how manly you can expect people to be when they're wearing lace.  LOL

[Image: LACE%2B24.jpg]

I'm teasing. Nobody hit me please.  Smile
(11-04-2014, 04:50 PM)Silouan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how manly you can expect people to be when they're wearing lace.  LOL

[Image: LACE%2B24.jpg]

I'm teasing. Nobody hit me please.  Smile

Tease or not. It was funny. lol
In all seriousness though Catholic men are called to be more manly than most. Staying faithful to one woman takes a man. Owning up to your sins and confessing to another person takes a man. Catholicism actually is a pretty masculine faith.
(11-04-2014, 05:02 PM)Silouan Wrote: [ -> ]In all seriousness though Catholic men are called to be more manly than most. Staying faithful to one woman takes a man. Owning up to your sins and confessing to another person takes a man. Catholicism actually is a pretty masculine faith.

I totally agree. Nothing has changed as far as that. And yet everything that video called for: to be strong, courageous, to leave a legacy, to yield only to Christ, to live by a faith unshaken, to be warriors of virtue, is the same command to women. The video is garnished with macho music and imagery, but women are called to the very same.

What is considered "de-masculinizing" to men like Voris and Msgr Pope, is not just the idea that men have shirked their duties and traditional roles, it is the threatening presence of women in the sanctuary, the church office, and the tribunal. That's a lot different from saying that men just need to "man up." Quite a bit different.
(11-04-2014, 05:41 PM)SCG Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2014, 05:02 PM)Silouan Wrote: [ -> ]In all seriousness though Catholic men are called to be more manly than most. Staying faithful to one woman takes a man. Owning up to your sins and confessing to another person takes a man. Catholicism actually is a pretty masculine faith.

I totally agree. Nothing has changed as far as that. And yet everything that video called for: to be strong, courageous, to leave a legacy, to yield only to Christ, to live by a faith unshaken, to be warriors of virtue, is the same command to women. The video is garnished with macho music and imagery, but women are called to the very same.

What is considered "de-masculinizing" to men like Voris and Msgr Pope, is not just the idea that men have shirked their duties and traditional roles, it is the threatening presence of women in the sanctuary, the church office, and the tribunal. That's a lot different from saying that men just need to "man up." Quite a bit different.

I agree too.

But a question: is it maybe a chicken-and-the-egg problem... are those threatening women there because men have shirked their duties, or are men shirking their duties because of the threatening women?
Pages: 1 2 3 4