FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Boyz in the Priesthood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hmmmm... Mind the language and please note that these are NOT real priests or seminarians. I have no idea as to the motives behind this but it's actually pro-priesthood with some very "spicy" language thrown in:

not bad...  the image at the beginning and the language (especially at the end) is a bit much, but I'm not so hung up about it that I can't see and appreciate their point.  They want to emphasize that priests generally are decent men rather than perverts as they are often portrayed by the media.  I had a priest drop the F-bomb when I was in confession- I was shocked, but not offended- and that priest really helped me turn a corner on an area of my spiritual life.  Finding witnesses of truth behind rough appearances helps prevent us from seeking the things of God for our own pleasure rather than for our holiness and His glory (i.e. spiritual narcissism).
(11-10-2014, 02:57 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]not bad...  the image at the beginning and the language (especially at the end) is a bit much, but I'm not so hung up about it that I can't see and appreciate their point.  They want to emphasize that priests generally are decent men rather than perverts as they are often portrayed by the media.  I had a priest drop the F-bomb when I was in confession- I was shocked, but not offended- and that priest really helped me turn a corner on an area of my spiritual life.  Finding witnesses of truth behind rough appearances helps prevent us from seeking the things of God for our own pleasure rather than for our holiness and His glory (i.e. spiritual narcissism).

I tend to have a potty-mouth when hanging with people I'm cozy with, actually. Grew up in the 70s, what can I say? I do try, though, to never take the Lord's Name in vain, and it's very, very rare that I do -- and when I do, I immediately ask forgiveness and say the ole "Sit Nomen Domini benedictum!" (I even say that when someone takes His Name in vain on TV LOL A good habit to get into, I guess! But, man!, is His Name abused SO often on TV and in movies, and by people on the internet. I so hate that!)

Anyway, abusing His Name is what I consider dirty, not tossing out an F-bomb once in a while. That just doesn't bother me, though I do think it's often overused. I mean, I can get annoyed by that as much as I can by someone saying "like" too often, KWIM?

But as to the video:  I'm with you. I wish they'd done without the F-bombs, or at least so many of them, and most definitely dislike their using them in a cursing manner ("F*** you"); that made no sense to me at all. But I'm glad to see a video that defends our priests!
(11-10-2014, 03:47 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2014, 02:57 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]not bad...  the image at the beginning and the language (especially at the end) is a bit much, but I'm not so hung up about it that I can't see and appreciate their point.  They want to emphasize that priests generally are decent men rather than perverts as they are often portrayed by the media.  I had a priest drop the F-bomb when I was in confession- I was shocked, but not offended- and that priest really helped me turn a corner on an area of my spiritual life.  Finding witnesses of truth behind rough appearances helps prevent us from seeking the things of God for our own pleasure rather than for our holiness and His glory (i.e. spiritual narcissism).

I tend to have a potty-mouth when hanging with people I'm cozy with, actually. Grew up in the 70s, what can I say? I do try, though, to never take the Lord's Name in vain, and it's very, very rare that I do -- and when I do, I immediately ask forgiveness and say the ole "Sit Nomen Domini benedictum!" (I even say that when someone takes His Name in vain on TV LOL A good habit to get into, I guess! But, man!, is His Name abused SO often on TV and in movies, and by people on the internet. I so hate that!)

Anyway, abusing His Name is what I consider dirty, not tossing out an F-bomb once in a while. That just doesn't bother me, though I do think it's often overused. I mean, I can get annoyed by that as much as I can by someone saying "like" too often, KWIM?

But as to the video:  I'm with you. I wish they'd done without the F-bombs, or at least so many of them, and most definitely dislike their using them in a cursing manner ("F*** you"); that made no sense to me at all. But I'm glad to see a video that defends our priests!

Cussing doesn't offend me, but it just seemed the "f*** you" at the end of the video was a bit much.  It's one thing to swear when it's just part of how you talk- it's different when it's intended as an insult.