FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: So we sang "City of God" at Mass today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I have the meatball song stuck in my head.  "On top of spaghetti..."
  this one?
Yes, that's the song.

It sounds just like the Meatball Song.

[  .www.youtube.com/watch?v=6itnCysoqsA[/  .

What happened to the Youtube tags?
Oh, the barf song. I can't believe I listened to this piece of trash.
Thank God for the EF. Honestly, if I have to go to a NO Mass, I'll take any version that has no music because of how horrible the music tends to be.
(11-17-2014, 12:56 PM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Thank God for the EF. Honestly, if I have to go to a NO Mass, I'll take any version that has no music because of how horrible the music tends to be.

Sometimes that's how I feel.  I would feel that way more often if the EF in my town was more...active.  I know I definitely have the exception to the rule, but the people are mostly old, they don't have much in terms of music, and they've had that Mass since just a few months after Summorum Pontificum and it's never really grown into anything more than what it is now.  They have very little music- pretty much the same two or three Latin hymns all the time (which can become rather depressing).  The situation in my area very different than the thriving Latin Mass communities I've heard about that are so full of young families and have additional opportunities to learn about the Faith.  I'm not big on that song, but compared to some of the others, I"ll take City of God.  I won't sing along, but I'll take it.