FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Videos on New Seminary and New Traditional Church Building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a wonderful video related to the construction of the huge, new Society of St. Pius X seminary in Virginia, being built to "last 500 years." The way things are going, it looks like they will need it and use it for at least that long. It replaces St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary in Winona, Minn., where I attended Mass for several years after the Latin Mass order created by then Bishop Burke left La Crosse to follow him to St. Louis. It has been bursting at the seams with young seminarians for years now. The video is produced by my friend Joe Carroll and his firm Visual Contrast, LLC.  I'll post it below.  At the same time the society is building a beautiful new Our Lady of Sorrows Church in Phoenix to accommodate its tremendous growth in recent years. They are in the final phase of a fund-raising campaign to complete the interior of this wonderful, new, large, traditional building and move into it from the old church in the not-to-distant future. My wife and I produced the video about that new church here, again using Joe Carroll's talented firm, and we sponsored the wonderful 1925 marble sanctuary pieces in it. Those came from a parish in the Philadelphia diocese, demolished as part of consolidation caused by lack of attendance. The video of the new OLOS church is also posted.  My friends, where is the realty of the true Church found today? Where is the growth and where is the disintegration? Where is the faith as Jesus gave it to us and where is there social experimentation, novelty and, frankly, heresy in its place? The traditional Church isn't a "fashion" that "some cling to." It IS the Church. Maybe you can contribute something to support the Catholic Church as it, apparently, starts all over again.  
"The proposition that "the Church of the city of Rome can fall into error" is one of the theses of Peter de Osma, formally condemned by Pope Sixtus IV as erroneous and as containing manifest heresy."

The Catholic Church exists well and whole in the city of Rome.  It is not being restarted in America.
I like the Neo-Romanseque architecture of Our Lady of Sorrows. I wish that they build churches in the Gothic style more often  too.

N.
(01-19-2015, 04:49 PM)Prie dieu Wrote: [ -> ]"...Peter de Osma, formally condemned by Pope Sixtus IV as erroneous and as containing manifest heresy."

Sorry. I'm not familiar with that one; just the ones that seem to flow daily from Rome and elsewhere in the Church these days. Individuals are not the Church, by the way. Neither is Rome. The Mystical Body of Christ is the Church.
(01-20-2015, 01:50 PM)tradprof Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2015, 04:49 PM)Prie dieu Wrote: [ -> ]"...Peter de Osma, formally condemned by Pope Sixtus IV as erroneous and as containing manifest heresy."

Sorry. I'm not familiar with that one; just the ones that seem to flow daily from Rome and elsewhere in the Church these days. Individuals are not the Church, by the way. Neither is Rome. The Mystical Body of Christ is the Church.

The local Church of Rome as a corporate entity is indefectible.  It can never fall in to corporate error.  Thus the Catholic Church exists in its entirety in the local Church of Rome.  Jerusalem, Paris, Milan, Moscow, New York, and Buenos Ares can all fall.  They are not integral to the Catholic Church.  But Rome is.  The Mystical Body of Christ cannot exist without the Roman Church.  Your view of the Catholic Church is very Protestant because you have relegated it to a mere spiritual communion rather than its visible reality fully expressed in the local Roman Church.

Individuals are indeed not the Church.  But Rome as a body is, and Rome as a body is the fullness of the Mystical Body.

So your talk of the Catholic Church restarting in some random American state is wholly inappropriate for a Catholic.  The same sort of American mentality also gave birth to the likes of Mormonism.  If you must associate with the SSPX, fine then.  But don't talk of them restarting the Catholic Church, because that is heresy.
(01-20-2015, 05:04 PM)Prie dieu Wrote: [ -> ]  But don't talk of them restarting the Catholic Church, because that is heresy.

Perhaps it's a language problem. I didn't say most (any?) of what you apparently think I did.  No, I really don't think anything is going to "restart" in a state or in America. Huh? For some cognitively dissonant reason you have to interpret my comments the way you have and respond in a way that confirms your existing opinions. That's fine.  Have a nice day. And may God bless you.
[edit: i'll do a thread about it later.]

Kudos for the new site!
Sometimes I wonder if I could join the SSPX and have my education there, and afterwards leave to join a diocese in communion.
(01-21-2015, 05:14 AM)Eduard Bodnar Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I wonder if I could join the SSPX and have my education there, and afterwards leave to join a diocese in communion.
You'd hardly be the first.
Great work. The sort of buildings that amazes us and overwhelm us were built in a time where all society was focused on that. To build something resembling those today must be a challenge. So I'm always grateful when I see people still doing this sort of work (be they the SSPX or your usual Ecclesia Dei society).

(01-21-2015, 05:14 AM)Eduard Bodnar Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I wonder if I could join the SSPX and have my education there, and afterwards leave to join a diocese in communion.

Why would you want to do that? I suppose one joins the SSPX instead of other traditional societies because one agrees with the SSPX, and so to go on to the diocesan structure wouldn't make much sense.

Pages: 1 2