FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The mystic Mother Eugenia Elisabetta Ravasio and "Approved" Locutions from God
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These two articles have interesting stories worth hearing (I think) and to cut out the fat entirely; it has only been found to be 'not in conflict with the Catholic Faith', not 'Officially Approved' by Holy Mother Church. That being said, I find it curious, but I might even add this little devotion to my current ones. Certainly can't hurt...to pray from the heart to God The Father.

Keyboard Warrior

http://www.spiritdaily.com/mothereugenia2.htm

TEN-YEAR INQUIRY BY BISHOP LED TO REMARKABLY POSITIVE VIEW OF MYSTIC WITH A RADICAL MESSAGE

Somehow, things get by you. We've had reports on a mystic named Mother Eugenia Elisabetta Ravasio before,

[Image: Eugenia_Ravasio.jpg]
but we never noticed the depth of an inquiring bishop's approving testimony, nor her insistence on a new devotion.

We'll get to the devotion -- an alleged private revelation (no one is forced to accept even an "approved" such message) -- in a bit. We are neutral about it -- have reached no set discernment.

But first that "approval."

For the bishop, Reverend Alexandre Caillot, of Grenoble, France, in a report prepared during a canonical enquiry into her case, could not have been stronger -- surprisingly so, given the extraordinary assertions of this nun, who must be discerned with caution.

"Following the dictates of my soul and my conscience, and with the keenest sense of my responsibility to the Church, I declare that supernatural and Divine intervention seems to me the only logical and satisfactory explanation of the facts," he stated, as regarded her apparitions and other experiences. "I deem it proper to let her continue her work. I believe that the Hand of God is in all this. After ten years of research, reflection, and prayer, I bless the Father for having deigned to choose my diocese as the place for such manifestations of His Love."

Whether or not the Father actually spoke to the nun, in such a direct manner, this was all said about a devotion whose time has perhaps come, a devotion that if approved by the Church, if integrated into Catholic life, may be the most important of all, a devotion that was said to have been dictated by the Lord Himself: God the Father.

"Her most important legacy to us is the Message of the Father, the only private revelation made personally by God the Father and recognized as authentic by the Church after ten years of the most rigorous examination," said the bishop. "It is noteworthy that the Father (in 1932) dictated the Message to Mother Eugenia in Latin, a language totally unknown to her."

Still, we discern. We submit it solely for consideration. It is an unusually dramatic claim, even in the realm of mysticism. We take what settles comfortably in the spirit and leave the rest.

But one can see why Bishop Caillot felt as he did:

Mother Eugenia, in a period of just two years -- 1939 to 1941 -- conceived, planned, and brought to fruition a  project called "Lepers' City" at Azopte (Ivory Coast). It covered an area of two hundred thousand square miles and became one of the world's leading centers of its kind.

Despite a spare education, she became Mother General of the Congregation of Our Lady of the Apostles at the age of twenty-five.

It certainly seemed like a supernatural hand was in it.

Those who sought to resist her found her conduct too exemplary to oppose.

As the bishop pointed out, her superiors, perplexed by the extraordinary nature of events that occurred during her novitiate, had not wanted her to remain in the convent. But her simplicity, obedience, and humility won them over in short order.

In six years she founded sixty-seven institutes and when in charge was said to know "each of her 1,400 daughters personally, and also their attitudes and virtues."

This isn't normal fare.

Originally from Bergamo, Italy, she seemed imbued with supernatural knowledge.

"Another fact seems to me equally significant," said the bishop. "When Sister Eugenia made it known that she had been receiving apparitions of the Father, the investigating theologians replied that apparitions of the Father were in themselves impossible and that they had never occurred before in history. The sister held out against these objections, declaring simply: 'The Father told me to describe what I saw. He asks His sons, the theologians, to search.'

"The nun never changed her testimony in any ways. She maintained her statements over many months. It was not until January 1934 that the theologians discovered in Saint Thomas Aquinas himself the answer to their objection."

"Little by little, they became convinced, after raising all kinds of objections and imposing hard tests on the nun.

Notes an encyclopedia: "Mother Eugenia Ravasio's messages were approved by Bishop Alexander Caillot of Grenoble, who was mentioned in the messages. Bishop Caillot ordered an investigation, and after ten years issued a letter stating that the messages had a divine nature. In 1988 the messages received the imprimatur of Cardinal Petrus Canisius Van Lierde, Vicar General for the Vatican City State, whose general duties were the administration of daily functions of Vatican City. The imprimatur signified that in the Cardinal's opinion the messages contain nothing against faith and morals, but not certifying that the messages were received from God the Father. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith at the Holy See, which is the official authority for approving private revelations on behalf of the Catholic Church has not approved Mother Ravasio's messages as authentic, nor issued an opinion on them."

Controversies? Yes. Questions? A number. Even claims of heresy.

We must always remember to invoke the Name of Jesus.

"As in all other private revelations," notes the reference, "Catholics in general are not required to believe the messages of Mother Eugenia Ravasio. The decision about the authenticity of private revelations is left to the conscience of each individual Catholic."

Her message relates to  something we keep hearing more pleas for. We'll present them and let you discern them.

A set of devotions to GOD THE FATHER.

Whatever the exact nature of the mystical events, perhaps the timing, for such a devotion, in whatever way the Church might decide, has arrived -- and is urgent.

Article continues below:

http://www.spiritdaily.com/mothereugenia.htm

CHURCH-APPROVED MESSAGE TO OBSCURE NUN CLAIMED REQUEST FROM GOD FOR SPECIAL NEW FOCUS ON HIM

When we left off we were discussing the mystic Mother Eugenia Elisabetta Ravasio and the incredible endorsement she received from a bishop, Reverend Alexandre Caillot, of Grenoble, France, after a ten-year investigation. Allegedly, she was both a mystic and mother superior, who did phenomenal work around Europe and Africa. She claimed to see visions and hear locutions.

We have no idea how much legitimacy to place in her rather radical "messages." At the same time we have no doubt that the world needs to pay more attention to God our Creator (in the Name of Jesus) -- God the Father of Us All. We post the messages because they have formal Church sanction (though no one is required to believe them). Take what may seem good and leave the rest.  Bishop Caillot, in a report prepared during a canonical enquiry into her case, could not have been stronger -- but the messages must be discerned with caution.

A booklet was entitled "The Father Speaks To His Children" and we'll say this from the onset: whatever the legitimacy of the intricacies of each locution -- whether they can all be taken verbatim as words from On High (on Highest) -- for years now growing numbers have felt compelled to promote far greater and more specific devotion to the Heavenly Father.

Mother Eugenia's messages addressed that and requested establishment of just such a special Church feast day as well as a picture of Our Creator holding the globe for the Remembrance and Glorification of God as Father. She claimed God Himself asked this. If it seems odd that God would make such a request, one could argue that He did the same in the Old Testament with His requests for the Ark of the Covenant (and later, see 1 Chronicles, the Temple to house it). Bishop Caillot, in his formal approval of Mother Eugenia, put it, "The object of the mission which would appear to have been entrusted to Mother Eugenia is precise and, from a doctrinal point of view, I see it as legitimate and timely.

"Its precise object is to make God the Father known and honored, mainly by the institution of a special feast which has been requested of the Church," said the bishop. You discern.

"The inquiry established that a liturgical feast in honor of the Father would be quite in keeping with Catholic practice as a whole. It would accord with the traditional thrust of Catholic prayer, which ascends to the Father, through the Son, in the Spirit, as shown by the prayers of the Mass and the liturgical oblation to the Father during the Holy Sacrifice.

"However, it is strange that there is no special feast in honor of the Father. The Trinity is honored as such, the Word and the Holy Spirit are honored by their mission and external manifestations.

"Only the Father has no feast of His own which would draw the attention of the Christian people to His Person.

"This is the reason," wrote the bishop, "why a fairly extensive survey of the faithful has shown that, in the various social classes and even among many priests and religious, 'the Father is unknown, no one prays to Him, no one thinks of Him.' The survey reveals, rather surprisingly, that a large number of Christians remain distant from the Father because they see Him as a terrifying judge. They prefer to turn to Christ's humanity. And how many ask Jesus to protect them from the Father's anger!

"A special feast would thus have the effect of re-establishing order in the spirituality of many Christians and, secondly, of leading them back to the Divine Son's instruction."

"At a time when the world is troubled by secular doctrines, atheism, and modern philosophies, and no longer recognizes God, the true God," wrote the bishop, "would not this feast make known to many the living Father, the Father of mercy and goodness, Whom Jesus has revealed to us?"

Mother Eugenia herself said that the Lord "told" her, "I am coming to banish the excessive fear that My creatures have of Me, and to show them that My joy lies in being known and loved by My children.

"I am coming to bring hope to men and nations.

"The world has often been purified of its corruption because of My infinite goodness toward humanity.

"These means will help them to purify themselves from their sins, so that they may still be the children of My Love.

"They are chiefly, the seven sacraments.

"My dear children, I have lavished these gifts upon you with special graces for twenty centuries, but with what miserable results!

"How many of My creatures, who become children of My Love through My Son, have quickly thrown themselves into the eternal abyss!"

"Do not think of Me as that frightening old man whom men depict in their pictures and books! No, no, I am neither younger nor older than My Son and My Holy Spirit. Because of this I would like everybody, from the youngest to the oldest, to call Me by the familiar name of Father and Friend.

"I also desire that every family prominently display the picture I will later show to My 'little daughter.'"

"If only you knew how much I desire to be known, loved, and honored by men with special devotion!" was part of a message directed to the Pope.

"I have had this desire for all eternity and since creation of the first man. I have expressed this desire to men at various times, especially in the Old Testament.

"But man never understood it. Now this desire makes Me forget all the past, if only it can become a reality now, in My creatures all over the world.

"I desire the one day, or at least a Sunday, be dedicated to honoring Me in a special way under the title of Father of All Mankind.

"For this feast, I would like a special Mass and Office. It is not difficult to find the texts in the Holy Scriptures. If you prefer to offer Me this special devotion on a Sunday, I choose the first Sunday of August. If you prefer a weekday, I would like it to be always the seventh day of that same month.

"I desire that all the clergy should undertake to promote this devotion and, most of all, to make Me known to men as I am and as I will always be for them, that is to say, the most tender and loving of all fathers.

"I desire them to bring Me into all families, hospitals, laboratories, workshops, barracks, conference halls of the ministers of nations -- in short, wherever My creatures are, even if there were only one of them!"

Whatever one may think of the actual revelation, there are points well-taken.

We think of God the Father too infrequently. Who is more powerful?

"For everything that you do for My glory, I will do twice as much for your salvation and sanctification," He supposedly told Mother Eugenia, who was born in Italy, and established missions of mercy around the world -- miraculously.

This is controversial. There may be expiation. There may be purification -- here and in purgatory. But acknowledging Him, claimed the sister, is salvation itself (at least eventually). "All those who call Me by the Name of Father, even if only once, will not perish, but will be sure of their eternal life among the chosen ones," He said.

What do we think?

What do you think?

Has the time come for a major movement to focus more on Him (in the Name of His Son)? Has the time come for more clearly acknowledging The Father?

Perhaps. Even: probably.

We can agree that God should always be at the forefront of our thoughts and -- as Jesus taught, as His first commandment -- our love.
It references an explanation from Aquinas, but doesn't seem to provide it. Am I missing it, or is it absent?
(01-24-2015, 02:30 PM)Dirigible Wrote: [ -> ]It references an explanation from Aquinas, but doesn't seem to provide it. Am I missing it, or is it absent?

Ya, I missed it too and sure would have liked to have read it!
I thought that Mother Ravasio's revelations were condemned? Hmm. I'll take a look at this later.