FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope France and the LM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pope Francis says that to say the LM is a step backwards.

This is very informative. 

http://www.cfnews.org/page88/files/8ec13...b-356.html
If the Mass of Ages is a step backwards and Pope Francis is driven to go forward. Does this mean Francis's end-goal is the destruction of the Church?

Honestly pull up any numbers from any diocese and detail the mass exodus from the Faith. The TLM is a step backwards in the devil's plans, because it returns holiness and reverence to the liturgy and inspires faith among the parishioners. I have never been to a TLM, but even I can see the writing on the wall.
(03-18-2015, 08:16 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]I have never been to a TLM.

We must change this.  Fisheaters, unite!
Austen you haven't been to one EVER?  Presumably your NO is...sufficiently reverent I would assume.
(03-18-2015, 08:16 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]If the Mass of Ages is a step backwards and Pope Francis is driven to go forward. Does this mean Francis's end-goal is the destruction of the Church?

Honestly pull up any numbers from any diocese and detail the mass exodus from the Faith. The TLM is a step backwards in the devil's plans, because it returns holiness and reverence to the liturgy and inspires faith among the parishioners. I have never been to a TLM, but even I can see the writing on the wall.

No, the pope cannot destroy the Catholic church no matter how hard he tries because Jesus said that the gates of hell will never prevail.

You really should try to get to a LM and see the difference between them.  My guess would be that you would then try to attend the LM always.
Definately check it out AB.

(03-19-2015, 09:53 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]Definately check it out AB.

The second video was pretty good for some one to see if they have never been to a LM.  I wish the LM was offered in more parishes than it is.  I think every parish should have one LM every Sunday.  From these priests mouths to God's ear.
(03-19-2015, 05:08 AM)Norbert Wrote: [ -> ]Austen you haven't been to one EVER?  Presumably your NO is...sufficiently reverent I would assume.

Eh the one I go to is more reverent than others...honestly it can be a chore sometimes.

-The hand-holding/orans during the Pater Noster
-The hands up "back at ya!" during the Et Cum Spiritu Tuo
-Insistence on at least four "Eucharistic Ministers" every Mass
-Hymns stuck in 1970s Dan Schutte format (Be Not Afraid, One Bread One Body, You Are Mine, Gather Us In, Gift of Finest Wheat)
-People loudly talking in the Sanctuary immediately after Mass
-A Spanish Mass attended by only 12 Spanish speakers in a parish of 1,500 families.

So....yeah, take it as it is. I've also been to a Mass where it has a band (yes, drum kits, bass, gitairs and all.) and everyone is to shake hands and greet one another before Mass.

All I can say is, as goofy and lack of reverence it is, I do think there is a genuine desire to worship God....it's just very weird.

I resemble that.  My heart is with the FSSP in LA but I still regularly visit my canonical territorial pastor and Church for Mass in the ordinary form.  I sometimes cringe at the hymns and plethora of EMHC even while I revel in the beauty and majesty of the physical building and its history.  I generally refuse to do orans though don't rebuke my wife when she sometimes goes with the flow.  I do hope to be part of the solution and get one of the associate pastors sent to the FSSP Our Lady of Guadalupe seminary for TLM training, if not one on the regular schedule.  I am being a better parishioner (joined St. Vincent de Paul, etc) though suspecting I'm tilting at the windmill with the current parish priest.

There's one relatively nearby that has as perfect an OF as one could want, though (and also celebrates the EF)

ad orientem
no orans
no exchange of peace from the laity
high ambo
stricter dress code with signage advocating silence & reverence
more mantillas and chapel veils than not

Reflecting on the collect of the Mass for the Solemnity of St. Joseph, Cardinal Robert Sarah, the prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, said in a brief article that the sacred liturgy is a treasure that is not ours, but something “received through pure grace.”

A humble attitude in the presence of this treasure leads priest and people alike to fulfill liturgical norms, he continued.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=24381

The liturgy is not a toy t be played with. It doesn't belong to us.